NFL Playoffs

Vic Mackey

The Bengals sure are cocky for a team that's never won shit. Yall really think Burrow is better than Mahomes? I sure don't. I know the Bengals have beaten the Chiefs 3 times in a row but the Chiefs had double digit leads in two of those games. Last year in the AFC championship they were absolutely crushing the Bengals, then fucked up right before half time, then Mahomes played a shitty half of football to cost them that game.

Burrow is definitely better than Allen. I've been saying that all year. But suddenly, a guy who everyone didn't think was as good as Allen ALL YEAR LONG, is better than Mahomes. Yeah, OK, sure. Win something. Then we can talk.

Another thing that irks me: it's never the stars talking trash before these games. Eli Apple is a replaceable scrub. Willie Gay is like the 28th best player on the Chiefs. And yet these are the dudes flapping their gums.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The Bengals sure are cocky for a team that's never won shit. Yall really think Burrow is better than Mahomes? I sure don't. I know the Bengals have beaten the Chiefs 3 times in a row but the Chiefs had double digit leads in two of those games. Last year in the AFC championship they were absolutely crushing the Bengals, then fucked up right before half time, then Mahomes played a shitty half of football to cost them that game.

Burrow is definitely better than Allen. I've been saying that all year. But suddenly, a guy who everyone didn't think was as good as Allen ALL YEAR LONG, is better than Mahomes. Yeah, OK, sure. Win something. Then we can talk.

Another thing that irks me: it's never the stars talking trash before these games. Eli Apple is a replaceable scrub. Willie Gay is like the 28th best player on the Chiefs. And yet these are the dudes flapping their gums.
I still think Mahomes is better than Burrow but that conversation can take a quick turn if Burrow goes on the road and beats Mahomes again for a 2nd Super Bowl appearance. They would then have the same Super Bowl appearances. And if he wins that Super Bowl, they would then have the same number of wins. Burrow is definitely better than Allen and that's not even up for debate anymore.

Burrow's win last year against KC mimmicked Mahomes Super Bowl win against SF. Down by 10 and looking bleak and SF made the killer mistake of turning it over and it unraveled from there with Mahomes going for 3 unanswered TDs. Also, Jimmy g missed a wide open WR for the game winner on their last drive. If SF actually had a real QB, they win that Super Bowl going away.

I don't really like Burrow but he's better than a hurt Mahomes for sure. You guys forgetting he lost his mobility last game with a horrible ankle sprain and probably isn't fully recovered.

I chose the Chiefs for a free Texans game I was offered and watched em have to pull it off in overtime.

He uses his legs a lot. I know Andy Reid is awesome but if the ankle isn't healed they aren't going to be unstoppable.

PXL_20221218_202906243.jpg

I like Burrow  a lot.  What's not to like?  Dude fucking wins and has some fun doing it.

Mahomes is my favorite player in the NFL and honestly got me back to really enjoying the NFL after getting turned off with some of the Brady/ Rodgers vibe.

The league is better for having both of them.

36 minutes ago, slorch said:

Not really an offseason thread yet... Looks like the Ewok's 2023 campaign, regardless of HC,  will be cut short.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-qb-kyler-murray-knee-not-expected-to-be-ready-for-start-of-2023-season

Arizona is a shitshow... not sure what new Head Coach wants to attempt to fix that shit with EWOK there...

Horrible 5yr/$230.5mil contract extension

Screenshot_20230129-095944_kindlephoto-3012893.thumb.png.5c3a3750cf3174294a52478cd423ef01.png

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, slorch said:

Not really an offseason thread yet...

Looks like the Ewok's 2023 campaign, regardless of HC,  will be cut short.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-qb-kyler-murray-knee-not-expected-to-be-ready-for-start-of-2023-season

Still the playoffs, save the boring Arizona midget talk for a month from now.

Here, here's some cringe for a team still in the playoffs

Screenshot_20230121-000737.png

18 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

watching the fox nfl pre-game show.

when did sean payton decide to look like martin maldonado (without the dyed hair, of course)?

holy shit.  dude is FAT.

Strahan asked him if the criteria for a new HC included a craft food services table like they have at Fox because he was always seeing Sean load up there. Pretty funny. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1

neither of these teams nor does the city hosting this game deserve the grace and power of anita baker

at least they only had f-16s, with fuel tanks for window dressing, on a low-speed pass

i'll take meteor catching 7

Just now, Macanudo said:

Somebody was strangling a cat while Anita Baker sang the Star Spangled Banner.

i thought it was better than 90% of the anthem singers they roll out these days

It's hard to imagine a worse open HC position in the NFL than Arizona. "Hi, coach. Welcome to salary cap hell and an injured, overrated, me-first QB who won't be available for most of your first year. Good luck."

Denver says hold my beer. Salary cap hell, old shitty way overpaid untradeable uncuttableQB, and no draft picks for like the rest of the decade. Totally fucked. az just fucked.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

neither of these teams nor does the city hosting this game deserve the grace and power of anita baker

at least they only had f-16s, with fuel tanks for window dressing, on a low-speed pass

i'll take meteor catching 7

i thought it was better than 90% of the anthem singers they roll out these days

Might wanna get your ears checked. It was awful. 

Edited by 4th&Five