NFL Playoffs

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

It looked like there may have been a point where both hands were off the ball but I wouldn’t have overturned it. 

When he hit the ground, the ball was completely loose, pinned between the two of them. He just regained control quickly. I thought the overturn was the right call.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I've always found it a tad absurd that you can have the runner just cross the goalline with the ball and it's a TD but a WR has to maintain total possession even after both feet hit inbounds.

Why? The runner has full possession of the ball before he approaches the goal line. The WR (just like any other player) has to have full possession before we start counting yards and ball location.

17 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

play of the game so far coming up.  IF Buffalo wants to stay in the game they have to hold Cincy to 0 points this drive. 

I am so impressed with Joe Cool.  Is it possible he is cooler than OG Joe Cool? (Montana)

Not quite. The OG didn't lose a SB. But he is the closest to Montana in the current NFL.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sawbonz said:

You have to perform an act “common to the game” or maintain control long enough to do so. The latter applies here and he clearly did not 

in the field of play and not in the end zone, is it, or is it not, a catch?

psa: fuck chipotle and their all-galaxy shrinkflation strategy: half the food, twice the price

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

in the field of play and not in the end zone, is it, or is it not, a catch?

psa: fuck chipotle and their all-galaxy shrinkflation strategy: half the food, twice the price

In the field of play the play would continue until he gained control or the ball hit the ground. On sideline or back of end zone his body being OB ends the play

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

So how long do you have to roll around on the ground with the ball.  If you lay there for a second and drop it is it incomplete?  How about 10 seconds?  A minute?

How long does it take to make a football move? At least a second. That ball moved almost immediately 

So his last year in college wins the MNC. First year in NFL gets his knee blown up behind the worst OLine money can buy and as he’s carted off says they’ll be back and better next year. The next year they beat Mahomes and go to SB. This year he has an appendectomy right before the season and misses a bunch of practice. Wins their division. So far outdueling Allen in the snow on their turf with the NFL chomping at the bit for the Bills to win and go to Atlanta. 

30 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

He controlled the ball when he got two feet inbounds.  Why does it matter what happens to the ball when he falls down out of bounds?

That’s what I don’t get. Say a QB reaches out, and the ball is in one hand, and it just touches the plane of the goal, but then the ball is knocked out of his hands. It’s still a TD. Like you said, he had the ball, two feet in for a second. It’s not right.