Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

Just now, Don Johnson said:

Trump and his team acted like clowns after he was caught with the docs, no doubt.  Probably committed additional crimes. 

But let's be honest, most of the outrage/send him to prison talk was due to the fact that he had the docs in the first place.

Well, he has proven time and again to be a threat to national security so...

• Hook 'Em 8

I'm here for this flavor of Biden:

“We must hold social-media companies accountable for the experiment they are running on our children for profit.”

President Biden, in a Wall Street Journal opinion essay, urging Congress to pass bipartisan legislation that would protect consumer privacy and limit ad targeting by Big Tech firms.

• Hook 'Em 3

I will say that it we’ll be interesting to see if this story registers with the public and reverses the recent climbing of Biden’s approval ratings. He’s not quite gotten out from underwater but the surface has been coming into view.

I think Garland appoints a special counsel even if there doesn’t seem to be much to it, because optically, you basically have to. And that’s how it should work. Is it likely an ultimately benign oversight from executive transition? Yes. Should it happen? No. If you don’t want to be investigated, make sure you’re not walking out with classified documents.

That also doesn’t change that it’s obviously very different from the Trump situation, low IQ trolls be damned.

7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Anyone who raged against Trump for keeping classified documents (myself included), but doesn't equally hold Biden accountable is a complete hypocrite. 

Sorry, but this is a big deal.

Mostly Este. 

I'm not sure how big a deal it is until we know more about the process, nature of the documents, whatever.  Biden has already acquitted himself better than Trump by cooperating, but still, Garland should probably appoint a Special Counsel.  Which will also have the effect of keeping House Judiciary off his back. 

Because Trump did it first, regardless of seriousness, it takes away the breathless "IS THIS THE NEXT WATERGATE?!!!!" media coverage that Lewinsky, Benghazi, Clinton Servers, any 100 Trump scandals, creates.   Instead, most people are probably going to file this in "Politicians gonna politician" folder.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 8

4 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Mostly Este. 

I'm not sure how big a deal it is until we know more about the process, nature of the documents, whatever.  Biden has already acquitted himself better than Trump by cooperating, but still, Garland should probably appoint a Special Counsel.  Which will also have the effect of keeping House Judiciary off his back. 

I'm sure Biden would welcome the DOJ appointing a Special Counsel.  Anyone with a functioning brain will reasonably conclude that he probably wasn't keeping these documents with nefarious intention, unlike that other walking void.  And if the Special Counsel finds otherwise, well then there should be consequences.  

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm sure Biden would welcome the DOJ appointing a Special Counsel.  Anyone with a functioning brain will reasonably conclude that he probably wasn't keeping these documents with nefarious intention, unlike that other walking void.  And if the Special Counsel finds otherwise, well then there should be consequences.  

I'm anti-Trump, but I don't know how you can say that with any confidence.  As far as I know we don't have any solid (public) information to know what either of them were doing with the docs.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

I'm anti-Trump, but I don't know how you can say that with any confidence.  As far as I know we don't have any solid (public) information to know what either of them were doing with the docs.  

Exactly - Joe Biden isn't exactly a fucking "good guy" he's a lifelong politician. He's got plenty of stains on his record, but generally speaking he has put America first. 

This is every bit as illegal as trump having the docs though and every bit as fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Mostly Este. 

Because Trump did it first, regardless of seriousness, it takes away the breathless "IS THIS THE NEXT WATERGATE?!!!!" media coverage that Lewinsky, Benghazi, Clinton Servers, any 100 Trump scandals, creates.   Instead, most people are probably going to file this in "Politicians gonna politician" folder.

Esto. There's a world of difference between some anodyne shit that someone marked classified because for 10 years after 9/11 everything got marked classified, and SCI material. If it's the first, not really a big deal. If it's the latter, he should resign and be indicted.

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Worse political timing would have been reporting of the findings in the days leading up to the appointment of the special counsel to investigate Trump's classified documents (which is an objectively different and worse violation). The appointment was on Nov 18, the Penn document discovery and reported to DOJ on ~Nov 2. It is not clear when the second batch of docs was located in Biden's residential garage and was reported to DOJ, but not unreasonable that that may have occurred during the time between Nov 2 and Nov 18. 

Wow!  This is encouraging. Didn't realize you were capable of this kind of nuance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

This is dumb. Biden didn't refuse to give them up, ignore subpoenas, lie about returning everything, say "they're mine and I'm keeping them", etc. 

Biden's criminal culpability is almost certainly much less than Trump's (who ordered his people to move SCI material to try to hide it from investigators) but if he did wander off with actual SCI material by accident, that's still really bad.

If it's fucking pizza orders that someone stamped classified because overclassification became a huge fucking problem after 9/11, I give zero shits.

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

You can say obstruction is a bad thing, and it is which Biden isn't obstructing, but at the end of the day it's the same shit and it's wreckless and fucked up. It's a very very bad thing. 

How do you consistently miss the point?  It isn't "the same shit" if one person intentionally took classified documents and one didn't.  At this point, we don't know as much about Biden's malfeasance as we do Trump's (unless you are exactly the kind of braindead moron who doesn't believe Trump intentionally took those documents).

Investigate Biden.  Investigate Trump.  This isn't that fucking hard, but you sure try to make it hard.  Both sides!  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

Exactly - Joe Biden isn't exactly a fucking "good guy" he's a lifelong politician. He's got plenty of stains on his record, but generally speaking he has put America first. 

This is every bit as illegal as trump having the docs though and every bit as fucking stupid. 

Investigate it, but acting like these are anywhere in the same realm considering the histories of both men is laughable.

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, immamac said:

anyone acting like Biden having TS/Classified docs being a nothingburger because it's Joe Biden is a fucking asshole braindead moron. The fact that he had them in 3 different places regardless of security without permission or knowing they were there is a huge fuckup and the same level of fuckup as Trump doing it. 

You can say obstruction is a bad thing, and it is which Biden isn't obstructing, but at the end of the day it's the same shit and it's wreckless and fucked up. It's a very very bad thing. 

*reckless

Because this is most certainly a wreck. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Chosen One of the Day: Loki's 30-minute fall in Thor: Ragnarok | SYFY WIRE

Well, it allows Garland to say "You can subpoena me all you want, but I can't legally talk about it, and I also don't know shit since it's a special counsel and I'm firewalled" as an out.  

Edited by Bateshorn

31 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Esto. There's a world of difference between some anodyne shit that someone marked classified because for 10 years after 9/11 everything got marked classified, and SCI material. If it's the first, not really a big deal. If it's the latter, he should resign and be indicted.

Nuance seems hard for people.

16 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I was concerned until Biden said they are locked up beside his corvette.  I doubt the national archives has anything has strong as a Clopay to protect their shit.

Can we see them here?

spacer.png

I feel better about my garage organization after seeing that.  

• Haha 4

I agree with the sentiment that anyone who was mad at Trump should also be mad at Biden, myself included.

I also agree that it needs to be fully investigated to find out exactly what level of chicanery and/or stupidity was going on in each case.  They may or may not have that much in common, and we need to figure that out.

And shouldn't the National Archives be in a lot of hot water here, too?  Do they not have a list of all the documents they're supposed to have?  This shit's been missing for years??

All in all, this makes our entire goverment look like a fucking clown show to the international community.  Again.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 7

8SR

Admit It: You Have a Box of Cords You’ll Never, Ever Use Again

What’s this one for? Who knows! Electronic gadgets fade away but their cables live on forever at home.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/admit-it-you-have-a-box-of-cords-youll-never-ever-use-again-11578590154

Edited by elfenix
wtf is going on with the font
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Shouldn’t the Rs accept the Uncle Leo defense for Biden since they’ve been saying he doesn’t have all of his faculties?

He’s an old man. He didn’t know they were classified.

seinfeld leo GIF

Right, but of course he still keeps the job and nuclear codes....

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Good. Appoint a special counsel. Charge him if he committed a crime. 

I’m so tired of no accountability. I don’t give a fuck which side it is. 

follow the rules or get fucked

What the DOJ in 2023 pre-supposes is, what if there are no rules?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Investigate it, but acting like these are anywhere in the same realm considering the histories of both men is laughable.

This. Literally everyone has said investigate and see if there is legit culpability. It's also important to know what it was, classified nuclear secrets or classified memos on someone's job performance? And yeah, the very fact that it did not require an FBI raid is a massive difference. Tells me it was far less important materials than what trump took. The FBI apparently didn't even know about the Biden docs, they knew right away about the trump ones. Also, Trump was impeached for conspiring with a foreign enemy during his presidency, Biden/Obama were not, despite whatever Ukrainian bs they keep bringing up about Hunter Biden. If its bad, Biden should be held accountable. Any magats saying the same thing about lord trump?

• Hook 'Em 3

Question - it’s been 6 years. How did the National Archives not know these documents were missing?
Just spitballing, but maybe he was allowed to have them at the time and they never got turned in. No alerts went out? No notification system that said “Hey - these are still out and about…”.
Their turned in now. Let’s investigate as to who dropped the ball and let’s fix the process.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Question - it’s been 6 years. How did the National Archives not know these documents were missing?
Just spitballing, but maybe he was allowed to have them at the time and they never got turned in. No alerts went out? No notification system that said “Hey - these are still out and about…”.
Their turned in now. Let’s investigate as to who dropped the ball and let’s fix the process.

This is a whole separate issue. How shitty is the classified document system? 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

How do you consistently miss the point?  It isn't "the same shit" if one person intentionally took classified documents and one didn't.  At this point, we don't know as much about Biden's malfeasance as we do Trump's (unless you are exactly the kind of braindead moron who doesn't believe Trump intentionally took those documents).

Investigate Biden.  Investigate Trump.  This isn't that fucking hard, but you sure try to make it hard.  Both sides!  

So you think they weren't  intentionally taken because  Joe said "l didn’t do it on purpose”, and you believe him?   Jesus.  That’s as fucking stupid as taking SCI documents to your garage in Delaware.  

Edited by Trey3216