Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

19 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Carelessness.

“He didn’t mean to” doesn’t cut it.  

Amplified by raiding Maralago.

Dude, I agree with you that "didn't mean to/accident" is not excuse if that's what he eventually goes with.  So far, Biden is not instilling a lot of confidence with his flip attitude about all this coming out of his two residences.  

But you gotta stop, and not just fingerpointing at you, with the "Raid at Mar-a-Lago."  It was not a raid in any sense of that word or loose definition.  Raids, by legal nature, are usually unannounced particularly when sensitive evidence (Cash, docs, drugs, etc.) can be destroyed or moved off-site.  Raids, by legal nature, are usually conducted with elements of surprise, hot weapons, and excessive displays of force.  NARA, the FBI, and DoJ had been asking for months and months for that shit back.  The search warrant was granted 3 days before the search, and the Trumps knew it was going to happen.  As a courtesy, the FBI announced their presence to the fucking Front Desk and gave Trump's two on-site attorneys a few moments to clear outta the office/residence.  Yeah, they probably had service pistols on their hips and the classic windbreakers, but that was about the extent of their show of force.  \\\

if the FBI went in there with assault rifles drawn and smashed open some doors and windows, and the Secret Service had no advanced knowledge of anybody from law enforcement coming in, they'd assume it was some false flag invasion and start shooting.  If there was a firefight, between the U.S. Secret Service and the FBI in the home of a former U.S. President, I'm pretty sure somebody from Mar-a-Lago housekeeping would have said something publicly.  there was no "raid" force posture.  They sent letters for months, got the warrant and said they were gonna use it for three days, and called from the lobby to say they were coming in.  This wasn't some no-knock shock & awe raid in violation of civil rights or some shit.  Call it a search or an operation, but it had almost zero in common with any other FBI raid I've ever heard of.  

The FBI gave him over a year.  Those people have massive egos, they're gonna come pick the shit up eventually, they don't like being shunned for long periods of time.  they hold grudges and don't back down on shit.  Fuck, they just gave up looking for D.B. Cooper a few years back after a half century.

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

In the same sense I will start paying attention when Biden (lol) incites a crowd of his supporters to violently seize the "means of production", I will start paying attention when Biden demands the FBI return the documents he simultaneously claims they planted on him, cuz these are the Grand Canyon gaps of equivalency that not only ended Jon Edwards' presidential campaign and literally sent him to trial,  while identical actions barely register a footnote or speed bump to the White House to the Godhead that is the perpetual, unmitigated, pedal-to-the-metal shit buffet of the GQP. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Dude, I agree with you that "didn't mean to/accident" is not excuse if that's what he eventually goes with.  So far, Biden is not instilling a lot of confidence with his flip attitude about all this coming out of his two residences.  

But you gotta stop, and not just fingerpointing at you, with the "Raid at Mar-a-Lago."  It was not a raid in any sense of that word or loose definition.  Raids, by legal nature, are usually unannounced particularly when sensitive evidence (Cash, docs, drugs, etc.) can be destroyed or moved off-site.  Raids, by legal nature, are usually conducted with elements of surprise, hot weapons, and excessive displays of force.  NARA, the FBI, and DoJ had been asking for months and months for that shit back.  The search warrant was granted 3 days before the search, and the Trumps knew it was going to happen.  As a courtesy, the FBI announced their presence to the fucking Front Desk and gave Trump's two on-site attorneys a few moments to clear outta the office/residence.  Yeah, they probably had service pistols on their hips and the classic windbreakers, but that was about the extent of their show of force.  \\\

if the FBI went in there with assault rifles drawn and smashed open some doors and windows, and the Secret Service had no advanced knowledge of anybody from law enforcement coming in, they'd assume it was some false flag invasion and start shooting.  If there was a firefight, between the U.S. Secret Service and the FBI in the home of a former U.S. President, I'm pretty sure somebody from Mar-a-Lago housekeeping would have said something publicly.  there was no "raid" force posture.  They sent letters for months, got the warrant and said they were gonna use it for three days, and called from the lobby to say they were coming in.  This wasn't some no-knock shock & awe raid in violation of civil rights or some shit.  Call it a search or an operation, but it had almost zero in common with any other FBI raid I've ever heard of.  

The FBI gave him over a year.  Those people have massive egos, they're gonna come pick the shit up eventually, they don't like being shunned for long periods of time.  they hold grudges and don't back down on shit.  Fuck, they just gave up looking for D.B. Cooper a few years back after a half century.

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Pedantry aside

This is such a perfect response.  I mean.  Come on.  This is peak troll.  I'm choosing to believe you are this stupid.  Read that again.  Yes.

12 hours ago, YGIFS said:

But you gotta stop, and not just fingerpointing at you, with the "Raid at Mar-a-Lago."  It was not a raid in any sense of that word or loose definition. 

He is probably just restating what he watches on cable news.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/09/02/trump-fbi-raid-documents-about-mar-a-lago-search-unsealed.html

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The fact that you think this is some kind of "gotcha" tells so much about you.

Gotcha? The guy lectured him to not call it a raid when everyone in the media is calling it exactly that.  I’m just pointing out that the sky is blue. There is nothing gotcha about it.

I don't understand how in the computer age there can't be an easy way to flag classified documents that are "checked out", and to whom they were checked out.  When a person is leaving office, hand them the list and say "return every one of these, now".

This isn't 1870 with hand-written log books stored on god knows how many shelves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Gretchen, stop trying to make "raid" happen, it's not going to happen.

Yes, I know some media outlets still call it a raid.  And we can parse political terminology for centuries.  But "FBI Raid" is intentionally used to conjure up a specific image in the public's mind; and it's so far from the truth, it's sad.  May as well call it a 'beachhead assault' or 'storming the beaches of Mar-a-Lago, so people envision dozens of Higgins boats landing at West Palm under cover of night with snipers and night goggles.  It's fucking red meat hyperbole thrown to stupid people because they know 95% of us have the exact same fucking image in mind when we hear 'FBI raid' from decades of movies and TV.  It was a Search or an Operation or the Serving of a Warrant.  Lots of other words are/were used to describe the events at Trump's office, but c'mon...it's the title of the fucking event now for a lot of people, "The Raid at Mar-a-Lago" or "The Trump Raid."  It's the lead and it's meant to trigger stupid people and it works.  If this was a no-knock raid, there'd have been a firefight between FBI and Secret Service, no?  Not even the most batshit lunatic Q-anon subscribers on here suggest that happened.  

And yes, back to the broader question of what the fuck has been going on with the chain of custody audits in our offices of DNI and National Security Adviser?  I think they brought in Brooks Hatlen from Shawshank library to overhaul the system in 1912.  Where he gives you the classified docs, makes a note of it on his clipboard, and then hopes you put it back in the cart sometime later.  And they never updated the system since.

Edited by YGIFS

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's some stories floating around that the earth's core may have stopped rotating, so make sure and send them to your MAGA relatives and ask them what Biden is doing (NOTHING!) and that Trump must take back office next year so he can get Top People on restarting the core's spin.

Underrated disaster movie.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Thanks. Never heard of it. Looks like it came out when my kid was a toddler, so I guess I was watching kid shit at the time.

I think it’s on HBO Max. Highly recommend if you just want to Turn your brain off for like 2 hours 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Sounds perfect.

And after you watch it, walk around thinking about whether or not you can sense the earth's core currently stopping.

And when you're paying attention to that and not where you're going and fall down, blame Joe Biden for not restarting it.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 2

Again, this whole thing is so dumb.  I think mainly it's showing that our custodial process for keeping track of classified material is god awful.

More to the point, I would say the odds of dotard keeping classified docs for nefarious purposes is multiple magnitudes of order higher than Biden.  Like astronomically higher odds.  

Dotard has shown time and again to be a MASSIVE national security risk.  Biden has been a public servant for decades.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Again, this whole thing is so dumb.  I think mainly it's showing that our custodial process for keeping track of classified material is god awful.

It's not just the bad management by Archives, it's laziness on the part of those to whom these materials have been checked out.  It's as if they don't "get it".

I shudder to think how much shit is floating around that's NOT in the custody of former POTUS and VPOTUS types.  Sec State, Sec Defense, Homeland Security, etc.  "Oh, you mean it's wrong I have classified docs in my Public Storage cube?  My bad!"

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think mainly it's showing that our custodial process for keeping track of classified material is god awful.

Seems like something both GOP and Dems could behind and pass some legislation this term on the custodial process of classified material/how and what something is classified/removal of classified documents.  But it won't happen

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Seems like something both GOP and Dems could behind and pass some legislation this term on the custodial process of classified material/how and what something is classified/removal of classified documents.  But it won't happen

The only thing that is truly bipartisan these days is LiveNation/Ticketmaster sucks and let's burn them them to the ground (I think the congressional hearing with them is today) because both sides are Swifties.

i am about ready to add an audit by this guy to the constitutional requirements for being president of the united states along with being 35 and being a natural born citizen.  jesus fucking christ these idiots.  if you have ever incurred a late charge at blockbuster, your dq'd.

MV5BYjRmOWY1ZTctZjJjMS00MDZkLWEyZTAtOWU0

• Haha 2