Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Don't forget the doomsday/survivalist preppers who had buckets of food in underground bunkers and solar panels and water wells and big-ass gardens who spent years studying how to live and thrive off the grid for that inevitable day when society collapsed.

And then a pandemic hits and they are supposed to reduce contact with other people.

And then they get told they can't eat in Chili's or get their hair cut at SuperCuts and their entire survivalist world comes crumbling down.

I used to just use the "we're living in a simulation" thing as bar-talk before Covid.  Just shit to ponder whilst under the influence of booze or weed or whatever.  And then Covid hits.  And I'd crack wise with friends and family, "look, we gotta ride this out and everybody can go back to Chili's soon enough..."  And of course I was being a sarcastic asshole.  And then six months later, armed men storm the Michigan Capitol attempting to overthrow their state government and kidnap their Governor.  And one of them said on camera, albeit behind a mask and sunglasses, that he wanted his freedom and mentioned the Chili's franchise by name.  And for a few weeks that really fucked with me, we were having a tough time with Covid in our family (lost an aunt, an uncle, and my wife's maternal grandfather).  And I really struggled with thinking this was all some sort of bizarre test.  Only reason I turned myself back over to God was my own shit that I need help with.  

These aren't outliers, there are millions and millions of Americans living like this, with this kinda violent shit stewing around in their heads 24/7.  And we walk past them innocuously many times a day.  

Just stop the politics for a moment, try not to judge, look through a lens of curios compassion and think about all the fucking batshit insane stuff that has transpired in the last 5 years in the most advanced nation in human history.  Look at how quickly we became desensitized to the craziest shit.  

Joe has at least been a stable leader of reason and compassion.  I wish he could do more, but I know his dance card is full.  

And once again, it's starting to appear save for a convenient and well-timed death...we gotta go do battle again to keep that tub of shit lunatic out of office.  And when he dies or loses, we gotta deal with his minions again.  The dismal tide of stupidity knows nothing of the light of the moon, only darkness.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

I'm not sure Biden could have done "more".  He's walking a tightrope, trying to repair damage at home and abroad while simultaneously laying the groundwork for future growth.  If Donnie Dipshit hadn't been such a massive fuckup Joe's job would have been a lot easier, but here we are, with a Supreme Court absolutely hostile to individual freedoms, a legislature hopelessly fractured, an economic explosion of shit that is barely coming back under control, a clear indication of just how fucking racist and ignorant a large swath of America is, foreign superpowers threatening nuclear war while trying to execute as many sovereign nationals as they can, I mean the list just goes on and on.

And somehow, Joey Corvette keeps his 80 year old eyes on the prize, yet half this country thinks we're doomed.  Fucking idiots, every one of them.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No he can’t do it. He can lean on them to nuke it, but he risks them deciding to torpedo his agenda and nominations as a “fuck you” 

So, "leaning on people" with a less that 50/50 proposition with those consequences?

2 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

I mean, this is the best time we've ever lived in. Getting better all the time despite bitching about things. Corona time was still wonderful for my family and me, despite missing friends and other activities.  

Maybe it’s a him problem, and not the world around him?

Thanks for proving my point.  You’re consistent across all your alts at scoring Owen Wilson goals.

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Some questions:

• Did Biden have have the power to kill the Senate filibuster?  How do you do that in theory?  And how do you do it in practice with a 50-50 Senate with two of those being Synema and Manchin?
  • Should he pack the court?  Hell yes.  But see above.
  • Explain the child labor issue.  For real.  Why would he do anything or nothing?  

We all see the problems; what can be done is incremental and every attempt takes time and political capital.  If you asked me he's smashed it.

I mean, you asked what would be an A+ - aka perfect or essentially perfect - record. I didn't say that was my expectation or that it's the pass/fail bar for him. In a perfect world he threads that needle. I recognize his ability to govern has been limited by very narrow congressional majorities and now a Republican House, as well as a hostile SCOTUS.

The conservative rag known as the New York Times has a series of investigative pieces published over the past couple months detailing unaccompanied immigrant kids being essentially trafficked into working in the US via sponsors approved by HHS. I've linked the original piece and the most recent one detailing knowledge within the administration below. There's additional reporting too. Reports got as high as the Secretary of HHS and senior WH staff and it still took the NYT breaking the news to get the administration to crack down.

Now, to be fair, I'm not clear on whether or not Biden himself was ever informed. I suspect he wasn't as I'm pretty sure that would be included so I'm not saying he personally ignored the reports; but we would rightfully be grilling Trump if this happened under the watch of his cabinet agency. Biden deserves the same accountability. He's hewed pretty close to Trump on immigration in general, just stopping short of the overt racism and locking kids up. Add this, and yeah, not impressed with him on immigration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/25/us/unaccompanied-migrant-child-workers-exploitation.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/17/us/politics/migrant-child-labor-biden.html

• Hook 'Em 4

Being in Texas, it’s not hard for many of us to find ourselves in a group where someone talks down Biden. I don’t ever recommend engaging a person who decides to start a group political conversation but I do think it’s good to reply that “I’m not going to argue politics but Biden has done a good job with what he can control.”  There are always some people who do not follow politics so it’s good for them to hear your opinion.

but then again, my scenario implies that it matters converting 1 Texan to vote blue.

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

I will of course vote for Biden - I believe in the promise of America and the teachings of Jesus Christ which makes it impossible to vote for the GOP while having any kind integrity and/or self awareness.

however, he is just too goddamn old.

I wish Kamala could assert herself better and the torch go ahead and be passed. But nothing would bring stoggy old whites out to polls more than the prospect of a black woman becoming President. She'd be a worse option to them than Hillary. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

We've got roughly 22mm eligible voters in Texas.  And just roughly half of them (50%, 11m) of them turned out to vote in 2020, a tectonic year in our nation's history.  I know you think there's no such thing as independents/never voters that can't be reached.  Well, that's exactly how Trump got elected, but acknowledging they exist.  I suggest you find some of them in the near future and connect.  Or this state is proper fucked.  We've turned all the Republicans we can.  The rest is up to the nevers/truly centers.  Most of 'em will still stay home, but there's a couple million in there worth fighting for.

• Hook 'Em 4

43 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

We've turned all the Republicans we can.  

Ehh, I'm working on it - every time a Republican asks who I'm voting for, I say Biden and they react with disgust and ask why and I say "because fuck you" and they are then confused, because they love that attitude about politics and aren't used it to being used against them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The most you'll ever see, in terms of raw numbers, form an exodus from the Republican checkmark on the POTUS portion of the ballot in Texas was 2020.  There'll still be many of us in 2024 against him, but a huge chunk will just sit this one out.  It was the peak of anti-Trump fervor.  Some other groups are gonna have to do the heavy lifting this time around in swing states.  Indictment actually serves him well, several hundred thousand that came out for Biden last time will just sit back and think in Texas, "Meh, he's an indicted shithead, I did my part in 2020.  Tell them to figure it out in 2024."  Only way I see a statewide fervor against Commander Dipshit is a serious case on nuclear secrets transacted to foreign states brought against him.  It obviously won't have time to get through trial, but that's about the only thing that gets the same 5-6 figure former GOP voters to come out against Trump again and not necessarily for Biden.  I dunno, we did our part.  I need to figure out how this same group can help the case in MI, PA, and AZ.  Somebody smarter than me is working on it, I just wanna follow the steps organically.  

Let's just call it what it is.  Joe is old, if there's a transition...let's hope it goes smoothly.  But the very best thing for America in the long run, is for Trump to die in the next 17 months.  But it is gonna be a fucking shitshow after he does for a couple of years.  Fucking fuck.  This gonna get ugly.  Like Eric Trump ugly.  Be like roving gangs in "Book of Eli" but instead they'll be looking for "Laptop of Hunter"   to no avail.  I honest to God, as Christ as my witness, don't know which they'll refuse to accept more---his defeat or his death.  We're about to live out the strangest of all timelines folks.  At least our Republic may endure.

11 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I mean, you asked what would be an A+ - aka perfect or essentially perfect - record. I didn't say that was my expectation or that it's the pass/fail bar for him. In a perfect world he threads that needle. I recognize his ability to govern has been limited by very narrow congressional majorities and now a Republican House, as well as a hostile SCOTUS.

The conservative rag known as the New York Times has a series of investigative pieces published over the past couple months detailing unaccompanied immigrant kids being essentially trafficked into working in the US via sponsors approved by HHS. I've linked the original piece and the most recent one detailing knowledge within the administration below. There's additional reporting too. Reports got as high as the Secretary of HHS and senior WH staff and it still took the NYT breaking the news to get the administration to crack down.

Now, to be fair, I'm not clear on whether or not Biden himself was ever informed. I suspect he wasn't as I'm pretty sure that would be included so I'm not saying he personally ignored the reports; but we would rightfully be grilling Trump if this happened under the watch of his cabinet agency. Biden deserves the same accountability. He's hewed pretty close to Trump on immigration in general, just stopping short of the overt racism and locking kids up. Add this, and yeah, not impressed with him on immigration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/25/us/unaccompanied-migrant-child-workers-exploitation.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/17/us/politics/migrant-child-labor-biden.html

Thanks for posting.  The stories surprised me and it's obvious he hasn't fixed everything (Admiral Rachel Levine should answer for this as well).

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Being in Texas, it’s not hard for many of us to find ourselves in a group where someone talks down Biden. I don’t ever recommend engaging a person who decides to start a group political conversation but I do think it’s good to reply that “I’m not going to argue politics but Biden has done a good job with what he can control.”  There are always some people who do not follow politics so it’s good for them to hear your opinion.

but then again, my scenario implies that it matters converting 1 Texan to vote blue.

That's about what my "go to" answer is as well.  

Meanwhile, most Rs seem comforted that he's and old white guy will confess to liking him (except the FJB types). And I think that's the plan.  America may be great but it won't be perfect.  It will take a while to turn the ship around.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ehh, I'm working on it - every time a Republican asks who I'm voting for, I say Biden and they react with disgust and ask why and I say "because fuck you" and they are then confused, because they love that attitude about politics and aren't used it to being used against them.

That's what cracks me up - the unga bunga MAGA chuds always bemoan the lack of civility and decorum, but it's what they WANT to hear and what will convince them to reconsider

19 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

Do you realize that you could pick out the problems from every year or decade? The premise was that today America is in better shape than it's ever been and I don't think that is accurate. From a sociological (we all hate each other, mostly), political (again, we all hate each other and our democracy is in bad shape), or psychological (we kill each other and have kids dying in schools literally every other day with mental health issues that are more out of control than typhoid or polio ever posed).

But there is some privilege in my thinking the '20 and '50s were great-- if you are a BIPOC or LGBQ you probably don't want to be anywhere before 1988 (as Louis C.K. said).

The 2010-2020 decade (pre-Covid) is better in almost every respect than today, for my money. Covid broke us.

It really was a blessing that everyone was completely unified and nobody hated anyone else in the '50s:  McCarthyism says hi

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bullneck said:

That's about what my "go to" answer is as well.  

Meanwhile, most Rs seem comforted that he's and old white guy will confess to liking him (except the FJB types). And I think that's the plan.  America may be great but it won't be perfect.  It will take a while to turn the ship around.

For as provocatively MAGA as some of you people appear to think I am, you'd be surprised at how neo-liberal I am in real life. When I'm around really ignorant MAGA people which is fairly often, I push back and find myself defending some liberal ideas and deriding conspiracy theories and ignorance,  and defending Biden especially. It sounds something like, "I didn't vote for the guy, but I'm pleasantly surprised with him and think he's done a heck of a job."

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

18 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I used to just use the "we're living in a simulation" thing as bar-talk before Covid.  Just shit to ponder whilst under the influence of booze or weed or whatever.  And then Covid hits.  And I'd crack wise with friends and family, "look, we gotta ride this out and everybody can go back to Chili's soon enough..."  And of course I was being a sarcastic asshole.  And then six months later, armed men storm the Michigan Capitol attempting to overthrow their state government and kidnap their Governor.  And one of them said on camera, albeit behind a mask and sunglasses, that he wanted his freedom and mentioned the Chili's franchise by name.  And for a few weeks that really fucked with me, we were having a tough time with Covid in our family (lost an aunt, an uncle, and my wife's maternal grandfather).  And I really struggled with thinking this was all some sort of bizarre test.  Only reason I turned myself back over to God was my own shit that I need help with.  

These aren't outliers, there are millions and millions of Americans living like this, with this kinda violent shit stewing around in their heads 24/7.  And we walk past them innocuously many times a day.  

Just stop the politics for a moment, try not to judge, look through a lens of curios compassion and think about all the fucking batshit insane stuff that has transpired in the last 5 years in the most advanced nation in human history.  Look at how quickly we became desensitized to the craziest shit.  

Joe has at least been a stable leader of reason and compassion.  I wish he could do more, but I know his dance card is full.  

And once again, it's starting to appear save for a convenient and well-timed death...we gotta go do battle again to keep that tub of shit lunatic out of office.  And when he dies or loses, we gotta deal with his minions again.  The dismal tide of stupidity knows nothing of the light of the moon, only darkness.  

one of the most truthful passages (bolded) I've read in a long time.  

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Biden isn't perfect but he's the best this century, ahead of Obama too IMO.  I'm baffled why people think he's no good at all. 

They have been fed over 10 years of segments about how Biden is the worst thing ever. 

The thing I am most disappointed in is that I voted Republican the first half of my life.

I remember accompanying my mother to a voting center and they had fake (duh) voting booths for the kids to pull levers while their parents did the real deciding of the direction of our nation. I voted for Reagan about five times more than Carter.

Biden is fine and I trust Kamala if he is not.

• Hook 'Em 3

I remember accompanying my mother to a voting center and they had fake (duh) voting booths for the kids to pull levers while their parents did the real deciding of the direction of our nation. I voted for Reagan about five times more than Carter.

This is the hardest evidence of voter fraud I’ve ever seen
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I know people who legitimately think he is senile and is being propped up Weekend at Bernie’s style.

I’d vote for Biden even with direct evidence of significant dementia issues over anyone the party of fascist theocrats chooses to run.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Biden isn't perfect but he's the best this century, ahead of Obama too IMO.  I'm baffled why people think he's no good at all. 

Have you forgotten the total mess that Obama inherited from Bush? We won’t really know for sure how to rank Joe until his tenure is over. Right now I’d say both of them are in the B range while Dubya and Trump were total failures, easily the two worst presidents ever. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Have you forgotten the total mess that Obama inherited from Bush? We won’t really know for sure how to rank Joe until his tenure is over. Right now I’d say both of them are in the B range while Dubya and Trump were total failures, easily the two worst presidents ever. 

Biden inherited the Covid disaster. Biden has a better grasp of issues than Obama, more experienced in more areas, a truer professional with better qualifications. 

Biden inherited the Covid disaster. Biden has a better grasp of issues than Obama, more experienced in more areas, a truer professional with better qualifications. 

This is a very stupid game to play two years into Biden’s term vs Obama’s eight years, but Obama unquestionably inherited a much worse economic situation.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

This is a very stupid game to play two years into Biden’s term vs Obama’s eight years, but Obama unquestionably inherited a much worse economic situation.

And a status of forces agreement that required him to pull forces out of Iraq. And with Nouri al-Maliki as Prime Minister taking revenge against the Sunni minority. And the Taliban back on the ascent in Afghanistan taking back large parts of the countryside. Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld totally shirked their responsibilities in the necessary war post-9/11 and handed Obama a no-win situation. He wanted to get out but was forced to send more troops. He didn’t have many options and all of them were bad.

Bush had still been calling for an amendment banning same sex marriage as recently as 2006. Obama legalized gay marriage. Yeah, Joe was the one who convinced him to take that step but Obama made it happen. That goes on his list of accomplishments.

It’s a good sign for Joe that anyone is having the debate. Credit to him because two years ago people were joking about how often Joe would mention Obama in his speeches. Obviously he’s got his own record to talk about now and he’s accomplished a lot. No one's accusing him of riding Obama’s coattails. 

Biden >>>> Obama when it comes to working with Congress and passing legislation.  But that comes from Joe having decades of experience and relationships and understanding how to use your political capital properly. 

Biden did more impactful things with a 50/50 Senate and 221 House seats than Obama did, at one point, with a 60-40 Senate and 258 House seats. 

Obama:
Fair Pay Act
ARRA
SCHIP reauthorization
Dodd-Frank
2010 Tax Relief
ACA

Biden:
ARP
PPP Extension
Infrastructure bill
CHIPS
Ukraine
IRA
Respect for Marriage
Medical Marijuana and Cannabidiol Research Expansion

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And a status of forces agreement that required him to pull forces out of Iraq. And with Nouri al-Maliki as Prime Minister taking revenge against the Sunni minority. And the Taliban back on the ascent in Afghanistan taking back large parts of the countryside. Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld totally shirked their responsibilities in the necessary war post-9/11 and handed Obama a no-win situation. He wanted to get out but was forced to send more troops. He didn’t have many options and all of them were bad.

Bush had still been calling for an amendment banning same sex marriage as recently as 2006. Obama legalized gay marriage. Yeah, Joe was the one who convinced him to take that step but Obama made it happen. That goes on his list of accomplishments.

It’s a good sign for Joe that anyone is having the debate. Credit to him because two years ago people were joking about how often Joe would mention Obama in his speeches. Obviously he’s got his own record to talk about now and he’s accomplished a lot. No one's accusing him of riding Obama’s coattails. 

was expecting Obama to cease major Iraqi operations within the first 6 months but went on for another 2.5-3 years.  Big negative for Obama in my book. 

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Biden >>>> Obama when it comes to working with Congress and passing legislation.  But that comes from Joe having decades of experience and relationships and understanding how to use your political capital properly. 

Biden did more impactful things with a 50/50 Senate and 221 House seats than Obama did, at one point, with a 60-40 Senate and 258 House seats. 

Obama:
Fair Pay Act
ARRA
SCHIP reauthorization
Dodd-Frank
2010 Tax Relief
ACA

Biden:
ARP
PPP Extension
Infrastructure bill
CHIPS
Ukraine
IRA
Respect for Marriage

Man, what I wouldn't do to have a 60-40 Senate and 258 House seats for even a month. today. Would be able to fix a lot of bullshit.

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Obama:
Fair Pay Act
ARRA
SCHIP reauthorization
Dodd-Frank
2010 Tax Relief
ACA

Biden:
ARP
PPP Extension
Infrastructure bill
CHIPS
Ukraine
IRA
Respect for Marriage

I'd also tack on withdrawal from a 20 year war in Afghanistan.

2 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

I’d vote for Biden even with direct evidence of significant dementia issues over anyone the party of fascist theocrats chooses to run.

I will too, but I don't think it will come to that. I really think Newsom is going to jump in if Joe's age and/or popularity continue to be polling concerns. Personally I think that it's 50/50 right now.

Just now, 'stache said:

Joe's age isn't any worse than Newsom's Californianism to the dipshits...uh...I mean "swing voters."

Call me a dipshit, then. I think the stuff with homelessness and stores closing/locking everything behind cases is a non-starter for the vast majority of the country. This image of organized theft from California trains would play right into the hands of Republicans:

Gov. Newsom Announces Multi-Agency Task Force To Crack Down On Rail Theft -  CBS Los Angeles

Of course that's California's fault, not the nationwide problem of income disparity and pretending that a thriving stock market equals thriving citizenship, all of which are right wing policies under the guise of unregulated capitalism. So yes, there will be plenty of people like you duped into blaming blue state politics for the disaster of people being pushed into poverty by the millions.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I will too, but I don't think it will come to that. I really think Newsom is going to jump in if Joe's age and/or popularity continue to be polling concerns. Personally I think that it's 50/50 right now.

From the AP:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Only about half of Democrats think President Joe Biden should run again in 2024, a poll shows, but a large majority say they’d be likely to support him if he became the nominee.

The poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research shows that 26% of Americans overall want to see Biden run again — a slight recovery from the 22% who said that in January. Forty-seven percent of Democrats say they want him to run, also up slightly from only 37% who said that in January.

The ambivalence among Democratic voters comes as Biden is preparing to formally announce his 2024 reelection campaign as soon as next week, according to people briefed on the discussions. The president has been eyeing Tuesday, April 25 — four years to the day since he entered the 2020 race — although no final decisions have been made.

Despite the reluctance of many Democrats to see Biden run for another term, 78% of them say they approve of the job he’s doing as president. And a total of 81% of Democrats say they would at least probably support Biden in a general election if he is the nominee — 41% say they definitely would and 40% say they probably would.

This marries with what everyone on this thread is saying (except the guy who said he voted against Trump last time but will be voting for Biden).

What's interesting to watch is how the younger, upstart, fire-in-the-belly guys like Mayor Pete are going to operate. Do they clear the path and wait for their turn or do they throw their hat in the ring?

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-poll-2024-white-house-economy-873663f6e3cbca8f2dae2f018c8be9d3

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Fuck You 3

52 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

No he won’t. And no it isn’t. The Dems are 100% behind Joe Biden today and going forward. 

50 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Y’all don’t make do a bunch of typing to debunk that urban legend about the Democrats having 60 seats in the Senate during the Obama Administration.

They had 60 seats for about two months.

You only need one day if you have your shit together.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No he won’t. And no it isn’t. The Dems are 100% behind Joe Biden today and going forward. 

Someone read the Time article the other day titled "How Biden cleared the field for a run in 2024": https://time.com/6274345/biden-2024-re-election-democratic-primary/

In early January, President Joe Biden called a cabinet meeting in the West Wing of the White House. Over the holidays, a wave of flight cancellations by Southwest Airlines had left thousands of Americans stranded at airports for days. The face of the government response on cable news had been Biden’s Transportation Secretary and one-time rival for the Democratic nomination, Pete Buttigieg, who had been one of the administration’s most visible talking heads for months. Multiple clips of Buttigieg holding his own against combative anchors had gone viral. When Biden saw Buttigieg, the President flashed his unnaturally white teeth.

“Hey, TV,” Biden tossed at Buttigieg, say two people familiar with the meeting. It was a targeted jibe. Officials in the room saw it as a good-natured reminder to Buttigieg that, while it was his job to be out in front of a bad news cycle, he was representing Biden, not himself.

The subtle moment spoke volumes about how Biden has managed to clear the field within his own party for a re-election bid that many in his party never wanted. As Biden entered the White House in 2021, insiders predicted he would hold the Oval Office for one term and then step aside. A year ago, the conventional wisdom was that Biden might run again, but that he would have to fend off serious challengers in a contested primary, including possibly figures from within his own cabinet.

That thinking has completely fallen apart. Despite a recent poll showing most voters don’t want the oldest President in American history to run for another term, none of the party’s most credible candidates are taking any steps toward a run. The two most prominent Democrats vying for President thus far—Marianne Williamson and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.—are not seen by party insiders as serious threats to Biden’s glide path to the nomination.

That thinking has completely fallen apart. Despite a recent poll showing most voters don’t want the oldest President in American history to run for another term, none of the party’s most credible candidates are taking any steps toward a run. The two most prominent Democrats vying for President thus far—Marianne Williamson and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.—are not seen by party insiders as serious threats to Biden’s glide path to the nomination.

“There isn’t an opening” for a Democratic challenger, says a Biden aide who tracks his polling closely. “You’re not going to challenge somebody that you can’t beat,” adds another Biden adviser. Across the country, the Democratic Party’s biggest stars have conceded that point.

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'll vote for Joe's corpse over any republican. hell, put a literal potato up there. if there is a D next to the name and not an R they get my vote. Potato 2024!

And you will neg rep any post I make. Even if I said Longhorn_Fan68 is not a fat potato in real life, that gets your neg rep. Neg Rep 2024!

You are a very smart and discerning person and voter, wise in all your affairs in life, no doubt.

For Brutus is an honorable man, and you are a smart man.

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5