Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Biden >>>> Obama when it comes to working with Congress and passing legislation.  But that comes from Joe having decades of experience and relationships and understanding how to use your political capital properly

Biden did more impactful things with a 50/50 Senate and 221 House seats than Obama did, at one point, with a 60-40 Senate and 258 House seats. 

Obama:
Fair Pay Act
ARRA
SCHIP reauthorization
Dodd-Frank
2010 Tax Relief
ACA

Biden:
ARP
PPP Extension
Infrastructure bill
CHIPS
Ukraine
IRA
Respect for Marriage
Medical Marijuana and Cannabidiol Research Expansion

It also comes from finally fucking figuring out that there's no political benefit to trying to look bipartisan. Which makes him 4325985230849508234 times better than Obama.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

It also comes from finally fucking figuring out that there's no political benefit to trying to look bipartisan. Which makes him 4325985230849508234 times better than Obama.

Bipartisan these days means you got Bernie and Manchin to agree on something 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Call me a dipshit, then. I think the stuff with homelessness and stores closing/locking everything behind cases is a non-starter for the vast majority of the country. This image of organized theft from California trains would play right into the hands of Republicans:

Gov. Newsom Announces Multi-Agency Task Force To Crack Down On Rail Theft -  CBS Los Angeles

This specifically is just lazy cops. But that's probably not a winning political message.

58 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'll vote for Joe's corpse over any republican. hell, put a literal potato up there. if there is a D next to the name and not an R they get my vote. Potato 2024!

Always and forever. Grandma taught me that at a young age when I walked with her to vote for Clinton and in my 36 years on earth the math checks out. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

was expecting Obama to cease major Iraqi operations within the first 6 months but went on for another 2.5-3 years.  Big negative for Obama in my book. 

You don’t know what a Status of Forces Agreement is. Google it. If Obama had stayed, it would’ve amounted to a re-invasion of Iraq. Bush scheduled the withdrawal. (And then Republicans criticized him for it and blamed HIM for the rise of ISIS.)

462753C6-2143-4677-AECA-883D76FFAE8C.png.23bf6f7b145f2576adb146a0fa673503.png

Edited by WhatTheBuck

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You don’t know what a Status of Forces Agreement is. Google it. If Obama had stayed, it would’ve amounted to a re-invasion of Iraq. Bush scheduled the withdrawal. (And then Republicans criticized him for it and blamed HIM for the rise of ISIS.)

462753C6-2143-4677-AECA-883D76FFAE8C.png.23bf6f7b145f2576adb146a0fa673503.png

the US agreed to leave by December 31, 2011, but could have evacuated any time beforehand. 

9 hours ago, Red Five said:

I know people who legitimately think he is senile and is being propped up Weekend at Bernie’s style.

Yep, and a few of those folks I know who believe that are in their 70s, and I've told them I agree with them and that when you hit 75 you should lose the ability to drive and run for political office, and if you need your smokes or PBR, go get on your fucking lawnmower George Jones-style and stay off the fucking road, and all of the sudden it's like "oh, not all old people are like that!"

8 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I'm voting for Joe only because Hunter isn't on the ballot.

I have to use this now.  I need it on a t-shirt.  And you could substitute "Hunter's Dong" for "Hunter".

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

Someone read the Time article the other day titled "How Biden cleared the field for a run in 2024": https://time.com/6274345/biden-2024-re-election-democratic-primary/...

A year ago, the conventional wisdom was that Biden might run again, but that he would have to fend off serious challengers in a contested primary, including possibly figures from within his own cabinet.

The bolded is written like this was a fact. I know that others want to run for President but I don't believe there was ever a serious threat that Biden was going to face a legitimate primary competitor.

It's going to be interesting if Trump can effectively hold off any real challenge for the primaries, we will have a quiet POTUS primary season and go right into the general. Unlike any other year that anyone alive has experienced. The only thing preventing that is DeSantis, and he may not be able to get his campaign off the ground.

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The bolded is written like this was a fact. I know that others want to run for President but I don't believe there was ever a serious threat that Biden was going to face a legitimate primary competitor.

It's going to be interesting if Trump can effectively hold off any real challenge for the primaries, we will have a quiet POTUS primary season and go right into the general. Unlike any other year that anyone alive has experienced. The only thing preventing that is DeSantis, and he may not be able to get his campaign off the ground.

Disney has TKO'd DeSantis POTUS hopes.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There was not. Media wanted a story 

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's going to be interesting if Trump can effectively hold off any real challenge for the primaries, we will have a quiet POTUS primary season and go right into the general. Unlike any other year that anyone alive has experienced.

What's really interesting is that with Tucker Carlson out at Fox News, and Hannity and Ingraham both on notice, especially with the $2.6 billion Smartmatic lawsuit hanging over Fox News's head (and the other lawsuits), they may tone it way down on the conspiracy bullshit and who they have on.

Hell, even with Tucker out, that's a game-changer on Fox News and the olds.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The only thing preventing that is DeSantis, and he may not be able to get his campaign off the ground.

4 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

Disney has TKO'd DeSantis POTUS hopes.

This.  DeSantis is finished. This is almost on par with Michael Dukakis in '88.  Not Mondale in '84, but he comes across as the GOP Dukakis except that Dukakis got his party's nomination.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

What's really interesting is that with Tucker Carlson out at Fox News, and Hannity and Ingraham both on notice, especially with the $2.6 billion Smartmatic lawsuit hanging over Fox News's head (and the other lawsuits), they may tone it way down on the conspiracy bullshit and who they have on.

This.  DeSantis is finished. This is almost on par with Michael Dukakis in '88.  Not Mondale in '84, but he comes across as the GOP Dukakis except that Dukakis got his party's nomination.

joe-biden-saying-c-mon-man-p0hux2vyyl01v

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s gonna be Jebbed so hard 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

joe-biden-saying-c-mon-man-p0hux2vyyl01v

They are paying out $787 million to Dominion, and the Smartmatic $2.6 billion lawsuit is up on deck, and Tucker was just fired.  What makes you think Murdoch hasn't put some kind of leash on Hannity and Ingraham?  Are they worth a couple of billion to Fox News's bottom line? 

Bill O'Reilly dominated the ratings for 16 fucking years in his slot, and Murdoch still ditched him and replaced him with Tucker Carlson.

At the end of the day, Murdoch cares about money, and the conspiracy bullshit has now cost him $787 million (not to mention untold advertising fees that Tucker and Co. cost him), and the Smartmatic lawsuit is easily going to cost at least that much, if not more.

Just as Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Megyn Kelly, and now Tucker Carlson all found out they were replaceable, it's the same for Hannity and Ingraham if they fuck around too much.

I could be wrong, and they could push the bullshit conspiracy theories and wind up with more billion dollar lawsuits that they have to settle for close to $800 million a piece, because maybe Murdoch doesn't care.

On 4/27/2023 at 11:57 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would have liked to see a progressive run in the primary to have that voice in the room. Many of us would like to see someone more progressive than Biden, but he's doing a fine job, but would still like to see another voice in the primary.

On 4/27/2023 at 4:52 PM, atomheartbevo said:

The one thing I've observed this last insane decade is that there is nothing that will sink a republican candidate. Remember that Newsmax and even Fox will still be reporting about how Desantis is owning Disney. He could lose the lawsuit and have the state required to pay Disney's legal fees and they'll call it a victory. Go look at TexAgs these last few days, Fox paying Dominion $787 Million Dollars is proof that Fox was right the whole time, because reasons. There is nothing too stupid to make these voters change their minds.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, 'stache said:

I would have liked to see a progressive run in the primary to have that voice in the room. Many of us would like to see someone more progressive than Biden, but he's doing a fine job, but would still like to see another voice in the primary.

The one thing I've observed this last insane decade is that there is nothing that will sink a republican candidate. Remember that Newsmax and even Fox will still be reporting about how Desantis is owning Disney. He could lose the lawsuit and have the state required to pay Disney's legal fees and they'll call it a victory. Go look at TexAgs these last few days, Fox paying Dominion $787 Million Dollars is proof that Fox was right the whole time, because reasons. There is nothing too stupid to make these voters change their minds.

Since the introduction of primary elections in 1972, 4 sitting presidents have faced primary challengers. All ended up winning their primary but lost the general election, so be careful what you wish for. 

1976: Ford defeated Reagan by around 100 votes at the convention, lost the general to Jimmy Carter

1980: Carter held off Ted Kennedy in the primary, lost the general to Ronald Reagan

1992: George H.W. Bush was challenged by Pat Buchanan, which was really the first battle of the Republican civil war. Bush lost the general to Bill Clinton

2020: Trump was challenged (lulz) buy Bill Weld, Mark Sanford, and Joe Walsh. Lost the general to Biden. 

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Boomer reads title and the asshole perks up  

While Grassley claims the document includes "very serious and detailed allegations implicating the current President of the United States," he also added in a tweet they don't actually know what, if anything, the FBI had done to verify the claims in the document.”

how about find out first and then tweet?

Odds are decent that the "tip" was forged by the former FBI agent who joined Project Veritas, tried to entrap FBI agents in some goofy Project Veritas sting operation, and just got indicted for storming the capitol on 1/6 (where he chanted "kill 'em" repeatedly):

The FBI's New York office is just full of dipshit traitors.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://nyti.ms/3pehBte

President Biden is expected to announce soon that he has chosen Gen. Charles Q. Brown Jr., the Air Force chief of staff, to become the country’s most senior military officer, according to two U.S. officials.

So, we are one stroke away from a mostly black administration. Tucker fanbois going to lose their shit if that happens. 

Joe Biden CONDUCTED a coup on the choo-choo conglomerate.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/may/01/railroad-workers-union-win-sick-leave

CSX was the first to grant paid sick days to several of its unions and has now granted sick days to 61% of its 17,089 unionized employees. Union officials praised CSX’s new CEO, Joseph Hinrichs, who used to head Ford Motor Company’s automotive division.

Union Pacific has granted sick days to 47% of its workers, Norfolk Southern to 46%, and BNSF, the largest freight railroad, to 31%. At those companies, eight to 10 of their 12 unions have reached agreements.

• Hook 'Em 2