Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

holy shit, even the turtle is on board. 

I read somewhere best case scenario for a default would be an immediate 40% loss in the markets across-the-board. It would then go south from there. There is no way the real decision makers would allow that to  happen and Biden and KM know it

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

He always was. He has a much better grip on his caucus than McCarthy. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

, I don't believe anything until it is passed.

It's going to happen.  The MAGA idiots may believe that Rs have to hold out unless they stick it to the libtards, and if no deal was reached, they'd blame Biden. They also don't' realize it's in the Constitution.

But at the end of the day, the people who have a shitload of money know that if somebody fucks up and they lose a shitload of their wealth, they won't be blaming Biden, especially if he doesn't have anything to sign - they'll be blaming Congress, specifically McCarthy and/or Schumer/Turtle, and they'll hold them accountable.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

My reply to her:

image.gif.98cdfd43db226f45eb394fb2e424223b.gif

Nancy Mace is maybe the biggest performative cunt in Congress. She’s totally perfected speaking out of both sides of her mouth, flip flopping incessantly and pretending to be an adult while simultaneously acting like a toddler. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I reckon McCarthy got told to make a deal by GOP mega donors who didn't want to lose a huge chunk of their wealth overnight.

This. A thousand percent this.
If he can’t find his pants and can outsmart the republicans, what does it say about them then?
I know their voters don’t do logic….

Yeah this is really fun to watch. “He’s 127 years old, can’t count to potato, and just fleeced our party!”

It’s like reading Texags after a loss.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 5/30/2023 at 11:58 AM, Js1 said:

Nancy Mace is maybe the biggest performative cunt in Congress. She’s totally perfected speaking out of both sides of her mouth, flip flopping incessantly and pretending to be an adult while simultaneously acting like a toddler. 

Lol after Cinnamon, Boobert, Marge Two-toes Green, Cancun Cruz, Matt “She’s too old” Gaetz, and Gym?

Looks like Uncle Joey got a little carried away on Grandpas cough syrup with the pilots. 
Probably because he knows what’s in store this Jobsgiving Eve. Once again our favorite time of the month is here, where the haters, there are many, keep saying “Recession, Recesshin, Russeshin” and Joey keeps pulling a paycheck from behind their ear and saying “Employment, wages up, and strong dollar.”
This month the haters are not even trying. They’re tired of being wrong. They’re tired of their moms calling them and saying “maybe next month, sweetie.” They’re tired of losing every debt ceiling showdown they ever face. Predictions are 190k this month.  What say you non-spaghetti o eating MF’rs?

I’ve started really looking forward to these and they just keep being right lmao
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Is the jump from 3.7% to 3.4% bad or concerning at all?

Kinda mixed.

One thing to keep in mind is that the BLS releases two separate surveys here. 1) There's the jobs report which comes from a survey of employers, asking how many folks they have on the payroll. 2) Then there's the employment report which is a survey of households, asking people if they are employed and, if not, are they actively looking for work.

So, we have employers stating they've collectively increased their payroll by 339,000 over the last month, AND we have people saying that 310,000 fewer of them have jobs but the workforce participation rate remained flat.

The jobs report will get revised as more data from businesses come in. In which direction, I don't know. I don't believe the household survey is ever revised. I guess one could see it as either an early harbinger or a blip, but we need more months to establish a trend on unemployment either way.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’d add on the labor force participation front that ages 25-55 are above pre pandemic levels and as high as they’ve been since before the Great Recession. I think we’ve entered a phase for the boomers - another potentially accelerated by COVID - where their retirements are going to start holding the overall labor participation rate down.

• Hook 'Em 1