AFA football player dies walking to class

Dennis Taylor

5 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Should’ve added context.  Has to do with descending cell lines from aborted fetal tissue so it’s a non-starter with them.

Have they checked into whether they can reverse any inoculation they may have received for rubella or shingles, just so they can ensure they're bodies are pure?

Also https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-q-and-a-covid-19-vaccine-myths/

DEAR MAYO CLINIC: There has been a lot of news coverage about the COVID-19 vaccines recently developed and now being administered across the U.S. But with so much information out there, I'm confused about whether these vaccines will be safe. Could you address some of my concerns?

Myth: The COVID-19 vaccines were developed using fetal tissue.

Fact: Current mRNA COVID-19 vaccines were not created with and do not require the use of fetal cell cultures in the production process.

More information will be forthcoming as vaccines become available in your area. Even after being vaccinated for COVID-19, you should continue to wear a mask, practice social distancing and wash your hands often. Learn more in Mayo Clinic's FAQs on COVID-19 vaccines.— Compiled by Mayo Clinic staff

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Maybe.  All depends on what happens when we die I guess.

True, but when the Vatican itself puts out opinions that it is morally fine to take the Covid vaccine I question whether their decision is really because they watch a lot of Fox news. Also, do they avoid the dozens of other common medications that were brought to market through the use of the fetal cell lines? Do they even know what those are? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Is it bad that my give-a-shitter on this is completely broke, and I mean plumb?  Sugar is still a bigger killer than the covid and the vaccine combined, yet no one gives a rats ass about doing something about it.

I figure God is going to take me when he's going to take me.  Neither the 'Vid nor the 'Vid vaccine can possibly have a greater chance of taking me out than my own personal abuse of my liver with alcohol.

Hell, with my daily commute across DFW it's a friggin' miracle I'm still alive to even be concerned about the 'Vid.

I don't have a death wish, but my level of concern about either the disease or the cure taking me out has whittled down to near zero. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Is it bad that my give-a-shitter on this is completely broke, and I mean plumb?  Sugar is still a bigger killer than the covid and the vaccine combined, yet no one gives a rats ass about doing something about it.

I figure God is going to take me when he's going to take me.  Neither the 'Vid nor the 'Vid vaccine can possibly have a greater chance of taking me out than my own personal abuse of my liver with alcohol.

Hell, with my daily commute across DFW it's a friggin' miracle I'm still alive to even be concerned about the 'Vid.

I don't have a death wish, but my level of concern about either the disease or the cure taking me out has whittled down to near zero. 

I feel like your risk assessment skills are somewhat questionable. 

sugar and alcohol are a cumulative effect over decades. 

tough comparison to a virus or even the critical adverse effects of the vaccine. 

and driving?

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

My parents' doctor told them to get the booster and I asked them why they would do that when they had just recovered from the virus and had antibodies.  Seems to be a lot of bad guidance being given out these days.  Parents opted not to get the booster.

I caught the 'vid in August, about a month after booster #3.  Exceptionally mild case, but + test nonetheles.  I figured it gave me a little . . . boost.  I waited until December (~ 4 months post-vid) to get the bivalent booster.  It's kinda hard to juggle the different inputs, to be honest.

2 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

1. At the time of my episode, I was somewhere between 205 and 210 lbs. I am currently 162 lbs. Some of that is muscle loss in my arms and legs from being in a coma and on a ventilator. I’ve been out of the nursing home for about 6 weeks and am doing PT/OT at home now. I’m approx. 5’10”. I’ve gone from obese to slightly overweight. I was a 38 waist and now wear 32 and medium/large shirts. My A1C is completely under control now.

2. Because it was recommended to me to do so by my doctor. At the time, there needed to be a certain amount of time before your 2nd shot and your booster. I chose MLK day because I didn’t have to take off work.

When I was gonna get boosted - it was last Jan or Feb - I waited at the direction of my doctor, because I’d had Covid around 10/1/2021, and he said it’d be a waste of a vax within 90 days. He also told me because I’m, like you, 44 and have no health issues, to wait on getting boosted again because I wanted to knock that out. This was this past December (‘22). He said if I were over 50, his advice might be different. 

A story is not a study. Yes studies can be biased. No one paid for the study I linked. It was published in the annals of internal medicine, one of the most respected peer reviewed journals in the world. This study has limits in that it is retrospective case series but it includes review of 70k + ischemic events and finds no association in patients under 75 years for Pfizer and Moderna. 

If you know of any peer reviewed published study showing an association between acute vascular events and these vaccines please link it. I have done multiple pubmed searches using several meSH terms and have found none
But what do the thicc cholas say?

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I feel like your risk assessment skills are somewhat questionable. 

What part of “my give-a-shitter is broke”  did you not understand?

I’m at a point in my life where I’m not going to be afraid of that which I can’t control. 

Edited by Uncle Nate

15 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-10928-z

Yes. There’s no long term data because, like with the shots themselves, there hasn’t been enough time to properly monitor them. Unlike the “wackos”, people just accept that the shots are safe despite the fact that we rushed them out a few months after we figured out what COVID was. I got 2 Pfizer shots and a booster. I’ve caught COVID twice, once while I was hospitalized. 

No one can definitively rule one way or the other. We didn’t figure out that blood transfusions may be bad until we gave a lot of people HIV.

mRNA was discovered in the 60s, mRNA vaccines were developed in the 80s and tested starting in the 90s. This wasn't a technology that was rushed out in a few months. 

That said, nothing is 100 percent safe. A lot of what happens to people is based on their DNA and generic predisposition to certain things. When you give hundreds of millions to billions of different people vaccines it's guaranteed even with the best and safest technology that a very small percentage will have complications. Same thing when billions of people are exposed to a new virus that had never existed before. Some people are going to have complications. Hope yours are able to be recovered from quickly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Vatican's stance on a lot of things seems to change with prevailing public opinion in order to stem the tide of losing the flock. 

I’m no devout catholic but I’m pretty sure questioning the Vatican is blasphemous if not outright heresy 

For spanky and others- published a few months ago

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2022/09/19/blood-clot-risk-remains-elevated-nearly-a-year-after-covid-19

also could be related to AFA death but we may not ever be told if he had gotten Covid. 

study above was done on patients before vaccine was available, so hopefully there’s some studies done or ongoing to see if the vaccine mitigates things like clots if you do end up with a Covid infection. 

On 1/16/2023 at 9:57 AM, Spankytoes said:

For me, it was the timing of the infections and symptoms. I had my OG shots of Pfizer in April and May of 2021. I first tested positive for COVID on 12/31/21. So I attributed not getting COVID to my shots and getting masked up and realized that being vaccinated wasn’t foolproof…like using a condom. 

I got my booster on 1/17/2021. I was hospitalized on 2/4/2021 for 4 nights because I fell at work. I had a full gambit of lab work and scans done and a low B12 level was the verdict. I accepted that and took supplements daily. But, I still had lingering issues like randomly vomiting, migraines and gait issues that required me using a cane sometimes. Then, all hell broke loose in August.

I am a type 2 diabetic, so I acknowledge that this may have played a part in things. I wasn’t very good at controlling my sugars at all. Other than that, I was in good health, albeit I was fat. Then I researched a little more and found that rare side effects of the boosters are strokes, heart attacks, blood clots and renal failure. I checked all of those boxes. Maybe it was getting older and not taking care of myself like I should have been post 40. But, for me, it raised a lot of questions. I’ve caught COVID 2X with 2 shots and a booster. My mom has the same, has never caught COVID and hasn’t experienced any health issues. I’ve had a few 30-40 something friends that had a similar experience to me. The patterns are concerning.

In summary, fuck COVID

I know you have been through some shit, and I am so happy that you are coming out on the other side. So because of that, I am going to not opine on what you are saying here.  Long and short, nothing any of us says is going to make you believe otherwise.  I hope you continue to improve and are here being surly with us for a long time.  

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2022/09/19/blood-clot-risk-remains-elevated-nearly-a-year-after-covid-19

also could be related to AFA death but we may not ever be told if he had gotten Covid. 

study above was done on patients before vaccine was available, so hopefully there’s some studies done or ongoing to see if the vaccine mitigates things like clots if you do end up with a Covid infection. 

Of course he's had COVID before. Aren't we at 70-80% of Americans having gotten COVID at least once now. I would guess the percentage is even higher among his age group.

On 1/15/2023 at 8:58 PM, Helobious said:

You do make a good point about all-cause death going up though. Sure one could think it’s maybe related to record suicides and fentanyl ODs and surging homicide rates, but what makes most sense to me is the jab doing it all.

Little known fact, the media won't talk about it, but the vaccine makes relatively normal people want to do crimes. Do the research, it's out there. I read an article once that I think mentioned this, or maybe it didn't, but I don't have a link or any citation of where it came from.

21 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The vaccine causes hemoglutenation as well, so it's probably making things worse faster than better.

It seems like a lot of these cases involve getting both close together or come after getting a booster - i.e. a cumulative effect.  But that's just speculation.

Maybe leave all the catholic jokes and politics for the CR.

Studies all run the risk of deliberately or unintentionally reaching unwarranted conclusions because of biases, but they are a better way, especially in the aggregate, than most alternatives to evaluate empirical questions. Cardiac complications are far higher in general in the population that contracted Covid than in the well-but-immunized, BUT there is literature that supports exceptions to this rule. A circa-20-year old healthy male, depending on the injection(s) he received, is in the right demo to be such an exception. The typical injection issue, though, is myocarditis. This story does not sound like death from severe myocarditis. 33-year-olds just have heart attacks (MI) sometimes, especially if there is a family trend. College kids pretty much do not. As stated above, drugs like coke can kill, sport can trigger a risk from silent issues like IHSS, DVT (blood clots) can go to the lungs (PE) and kill, but absent those circumstances, healthy-appearing college kids won't normally keel over. I am interested to see what if anything is ever discovered.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...