Post-Beard Game #2: TCU @ Texas, 8pm ESPN2

Js1

Just now, Ghost of Shag said:

Glad to get the win.

But we looked underwhelming. 

Great win! They have heart and talent and that goes a long way.  If they wouldn’t play so sloppy it wouldn’t have been a close game, they just never look smooth running the offense. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Almost every Big 12 game is coming down to the wire. The team that executes the best in the last 5 to 8 minutes is going to win games. 

It’s almost like it’s a very deep and balanced League with 80% of its teams probably being tournament quality. 
I will miss big 12 hoops when we move. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Nice win.  Carr has to be better than that. 

The front court saved us this game. Allen and Disu in particular.

And what happened to Hunter? He was not great when he was on the floor and barely played at the end.

We are a very dangerous team if the front court and back court can both have good nights at the same time.

1 hour ago, MotownHorn said:

Call me crazy but I think we may win this one.

Either way y'all are so dramatic ass motherfuckers. It's college basketball and the other team is good. It's not some big thing about Chris Beard or anything else.

We played like ass in the first half. They didn't. The end. You haven't watched much college basketball in your life if you think it's a certainty we're losing this one game. Let alone it's a certainty our season is fucked. Relax.

Great call on this one!

• Hook 'Em 2

Not to shit on the guy but I thought Bishop hitting the pine for Mitchell is what won it/really brought it home. CB was playing some shitty fucking basketball. 

Carr had an off night. Still hit a huge 3 when we needed it. 

Timmy and Sir Jabari were clutch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The thing about this team is that we have plenty of firepower if somebody is having a bad night. Carr, Hunter, Allen, Rice or even Morris can all take over a game and score 20+.  If someone is playing bad, they need to just get it to whoever is playing good.  Carr is really the only one who plays hero ball, and most of the time I don’t have a problem with it.

Great great win.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

image.thumb.png.65163930cfdfbe5dabcb83da6a295cb7.png

hook 'em

27 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I KNOW Texas can do better than that.  

I’m not judging the one in the middle, because I too ingested way too many calories over Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Year’s as well. 

Spoiler

(Then again, I know better than to expose my midriff until I work some of that off.)

0C8ED137-9B6B-4500-9D02-ACE15FB5AAAF.jpeg.b80c36a901bca36ffebcadf9b7f8fa18.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon

23 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I stopped watching when we went down by 18. You're welcome for this win.

19 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I had a suspicion Jesus was jinxing our sports programs.

I also quit watching at halftime. You are double welcome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Ahem.

And let me say something....

Fuck Chris Beard. I never want to hear again "we'd be doing so much better if only Chris Beard was coaching this team."

Fuck Chris Beard. He let everyone down. Especially the young men on the team. Those young men could have fallen apart after their coach fucked them over. They haven't. Instead they've gone 7-1 since he completely and totally fucked them all over because he is a fucking idiot.

Fuck Chris Beard. "We'd be so much better if only we had the guy who got into a physical altercation with a woman and got charged with a felony" is some loser talk. That guy fucking sucks. There is absolutely no excuse for what happened, regardless of what the actual story is. 

Fuck Chris Beard. I root for the Texas Longhorns, not Chris Beard. And the Texas Longhorns have a great basketball team this year despite Chris Beard fucking over everyone involved with Texas basketball because he's a fucking idiot.

Fuck Chris Beard.

And Hook 'em Horns! 

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation GIF by HBO Max

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1