Post-Beard Game #2: TCU @ Texas, 8pm ESPN2

Js1

43 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Ahem.

And let me say something....

Fuck Chris Beard. I never want to hear again "we'd be doing so much better if only Chris Beard was coaching this team."

Fuck Chris Beard. He let everyone down. Especially the young men on the team. Those young men could have fallen apart after their coach fucked them over. They haven't. Instead they've gone 7-1 since he completely and totally fucked them all over because he is a fucking idiot.

Fuck Chris Beard. "We'd be so much better if only we had the guy who got into a physical altercation with a woman and got charged with a felony" is some loser talk. That guy fucking sucks. There is absolutely no excuse for what happened, regardless of what the actual story is. 

Fuck Chris Beard. I root for the Texas Longhorns, not Chris Beard. And the Texas Longhorns have a great basketball team this year despite Chris Beard fucking over everyone involved with Texas basketball because he's a fucking idiot.

Fuck Chris Beard.

And Hook 'em Horns! 

You Sir deserve all the Rep. 

I echo your opinion. Fuck Chris Beard. I root for our university. 

And Fuck aggy and OU sux. Fuck TCU, Tech, Baylor. Fuck all of them.

Bless the wonderful University of Texas at Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Doesn't seem to matter with us.

The UT system isn’t the UC system. We don’t have a half dozen highly ranked universities in which to dilute the ugly or normal looking but smart people like davis or Berkeley et al while the pretty people can congregate in LA.

All the smart ones end up at Austin.  And being the inclusive institution that we are, choices get made. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the 11pm sportscenter led off with texas vs tcu, featuring plenty of praise for our guys considering what they've gone through in recent weeks. it was at least 2+ minutes of coverage to open the show. sounds minor, but i really really missed Texas being a focal part of sportscenter. 

Bob Iger's son apparently works for UT basketball in some fashion. That certainly won't hurt us there

1 minute ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Holy hell we won!?? I fell asleep right as we were making the key run. What in the world, good no great win!

Similar here.  I got home and was wondering why, on page whatever, folks were excited about a 47-45 score.  Walked away from the computer for a sec, came back, saw something like 58-47 and decided not to turn the game on.  Checked the score with about a minute left, got excited, turned it on, and saw the end.  

Well done Horns.  That's a heck of a lot of heart considering what these guys have gone through.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

It's early, but that seems like the kind of gritty win that will pay off big down the line in conference and post-season play. 

Maybe. Team is still too inconsistent. They get on some great rolls but then have long stretches where they look lost. At least they've slowed things down a bit and aren't playing NBA "no defense allowed" ball like in that KSU game. 3-1 conference start is solid and they beat of the "weaker" conference teams to start this stretch. Need to win 3 of the next 4 before it's a Baylor, Tennessee, KSU, and KU 4 game gauntlet. 

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I turned it off at halftime since I had to get up super early anyways. I legit had a dream that we came back and won. My wife said I probably just checked the score at 2am half asleep or something. 

Thank you for your service.

Edited by pacman

Season ticket holder here. I can honestly say that the crowd eruption at Carr's shot to go up three with 1 min left was the loudest the Moody as ever been in its short life.  It was incredible. I recall KD's big three in OT vs Law and the Ags as an equivalent.  Maybe even Jevan Felix's game winner to beat UNC was also a comp. I know the team played its heart out to come back, but the crowd never game up either.  And we let it all out on Carr's three.  We have a special team that will need to pull out some extra fight due to the circumstances, but we also have a special venue now that fuels that team. I expect the Tech game to be just as electric.

• Hook 'Em 9

3 hours ago, Delta Charlie said:

Season ticket holder here. I can honestly say that the crowd eruption at Carr's shot to go up three with 1 min left was the loudest the Moody as ever been in its short life.  It was incredible. I recall KD's big three in OT vs Law and the Ags as an equivalent.  Maybe even Jevan Felix's game winner to beat UNC was also a comp. I know the team played its heart out to come back, but the crowd never game up either.  And we let it all out on Carr's three.  We have a special team that will need to pull out some extra fight due to the circumstances, but we also have a special venue now that fuels that team. I expect the Tech game to be just as electric.

Man I'm really tempted to fly down for a game now. Sounds so fun and such a nice change from my time in the Drum days.

18 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Ahem.

And let me say something....

Fuck Chris Beard. I never want to hear again "we'd be doing so much better if only Chris Beard was coaching this team."

Fuck Chris Beard. He let everyone down. Especially the young men on the team. Those young men could have fallen apart after their coach fucked them over. They haven't. Instead they've gone 7-1 since he completely and totally fucked them all over because he is a fucking idiot.

Fuck Chris Beard. "We'd be so much better if only we had the guy who got into a physical altercation with a woman and got charged with a felony" is some loser talk. That guy fucking sucks. There is absolutely no excuse for what happened, regardless of what the actual story is. 

Fuck Chris Beard. I root for the Texas Longhorns, not Chris Beard. And the Texas Longhorns have a great basketball team this year despite Chris Beard fucking over everyone involved with Texas basketball because he's a fucking idiot.

Fuck Chris Beard.

And Hook 'em Horns! 

That shit there is worth $9.95…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1