Podcasts

Wally Fairway

Looked for a podcast board, or topic and didn't find one

Looking for recommendations - my main driving time thing is audio books, but I've started to listen to a few podcast (listed below) and I'm hoping to get more that you like

- Vigilante - the first 5 episodes are about Tim Miller (founder of Equusearch) and him looking for his daughers killer
- Case 63 - Sci-Fi podcast with Julianne Moore and Oscar Isaac, finished the first season yesterday (10 short episodes 10-15 minutes each) it is set in 2022 and I can best describe as a kind of meld of 12 Monkees, Total Recall and maybe a litte Terminator. Interesting cliff hanger....waiting for season 2
- Scotland Yard Confidential - detective/crime podcast - kind of a fall back when I can't find something I like

mods - feel free to move/merge this into a different thread/board if I missed it - okthksbai

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chris Wimmer has a couple good ones. Legends of the Old West covers all the western classics of lawmen and outlaws. Some excellent Indian Wars seasons as well.

Infamous America is also good. Covers  the most infamous crimes committed on US soil. The Pierre Hotel and Lufthansa Heists seasons are great. I was shocked to learn how many high profile hotel robberies occurred in NYC during the 70’s. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking for recommendations in the Comedy, News, Politics(lighter hand), Business, Current Events type realm.  I have had varying success seeking out Pods through the Apple app.  There are seemingly unlimited options so I am a bit tired of shots in the dark.

Recently listened to and enjoyed to varying degrees

All-in

Prof G

Bill Maher

Carvey and Spade

Conan needs a Friend

3Qs Andy Richter

• 2 weeks later...

On the comedy front, I’m unabashedly obsessed with Paul F. Tompkins. Comedy Bang Bang is a long running podcast on which he’s a frequent and really fundamental guest over the years. Somewhat spun off from that are Threedom, The Neighborhood Listen, Spontaneanation, and a few others with people like Tim Baltz, Andy Daly, and other comedians.

It’s kinda a Comedy Bang Bang “podcast universe” with lots of rabbit holes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...