Anti-Communist movies

Parliament

I think(?) we all here dislike Communism, and generally favor America.   So what are your favorite movies that paint America as the good guy, and Communism as bad.  Unapologetic jingoism is fine for your answer.  War movies, dramas, comedies and I guess a musical if that's your thing.

And so we don't get 100 replies of "Red Dawn," Rocky 4" and Top Gun 1 & 2" let's all assume those are great movies.

What you got?

I'm gonna throw in Bridge of Spies, and as a dark horse, Night Crossing.  Based on a true story, some East Germans made a hot air balloon to gtfo of East Germany.  Made quite an impression on a young Parliament.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082810/?ref_=nm_flmg_t_160_act

Edited by Parliament

World War III (Cathy Lee Crosby/Rock Hudson one)

The Day After

Manchurian Candidate (original)

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Star Wars: A New Hope

Toy Story 3

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Invasion USA

The Beast of Yucca Flats

"Def-Con 4"---awful movie and there's no Russians.  But our paranoia does us in internally.  

Also, though it has now morphed into a kind of oligarchical-communist hybrid...there's a fantastic anti-Russia movie taking place right now on the news called the war in Ukraine starring all her Allies.  It's a fantastic underdog tale where Russia gets it stuffed up their ass.  But I forget, some people rooted for Drago

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Have any of you heard about Red Dawn? It's kind of a cult classic from the 80s that most people don't know about. I'm probably the only one on this site that has actually watched it.

Probably purged from a lot of memories after the Wolverines were defeated by TCU.

Edited by DougO
  • Hook 'Em 1