Best High School Fight Song

El Moco

Now, I know many schools, too many in fact, use college fight songs and that’s ok.  I still would like to know what fight songs y’all thought were best.  Of course, I’m biased to my alma mater, South San Antonio High School, because it’s a very unique song that I don’t recall any college ever using.  In fact, I was almost certain that nobody else uses our same fight song.  Unfortunately, I was wrong and I found out that Abilene Cooper High School has the exact same fight song.  Now, I’m on a mission to find out all I can about the song and to see who started using it first.  My alma mater is older than Cooper, 1922 compared to Cooper’s 1960, but that’s not enough.  Sadly, my high school sucks when it comes to media and school history so I don’t have a link to post of the song, but it gets me pumped up.  So, let me hear it.  What are the other fight songs out there?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Pleasanton High School,  Jalisco, the old version arranged by Doug Williamson back in the 60's. The new arrangement started in the late 80's or early 90's and sounds like shit.

I like that one too.  I remember Lanier in San Antonio used that too.

• Hook 'Em 1

G.C. Scarborough in Houston, when I graduated in 1979 had Texas Fight as their fight song.  The only things I liked about that school were that the colors were burnt orange and white, and the fight song.

Edited by 83Horn

Kids went to Boerne HS. School/fight song is Auld Ang Syne - the song from “A Wonderful Life” with Jimmy Stewart. My wife would get mad afterwards I’d finish it with an Angel just got its wings!

They’d also play the song that I always thought was “On Wisconsin” so I digress.

I’m not a Boerne grad, but with two kids, I spent a lot of time in the bleachers and environment.

Hook’em!!!

5 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Pleasanton High School,  Jalisco, the old version arranged by Doug Williamson back in the 60's. The new arrangement started in the late 80's or early 90's and sounds like shit.

Same as my Falfurrias Fightin’ Jerseys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

First, my alma mater's fight song was the standard. Not even close to unique, but the tune is the standard for all fight songs. 

On ye dragons, on ye dragons, on to victory

Do your best to beat your rivals, glorify your name, fight, fight, fight

etc. 

Sadly, there had to be at least two other schools in our district that played the same song.  This was the old 14-5A district. 

We are the Round Rock Dragons, when we first moved up to 5A in the late 1970s, the schools included:

Temple, Killeen, Killeen Ellison, Bryan, etc. 

The most unique occurred to me when I went with my then girlfriend to Pearsall.  Pearsall was playing against another team with green as the school color.  Their song started with the pre-amble to the Aggy fight song, but then went into the body of Texas fight. 

Really, really weird. 

11 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

First, my alma mater's fight song was the standard. Not even close to unique, but the tune is the standard for all fight songs. 

Do your best to beat your rivals, glorify your name, fight, fight, fight

etc. 

Sadly, there had to be at least two other schools in our district that played the same song.  This was the old 14-5A district. 

We are the Round Rock Dragons, when we first moved up to 5A in the late 1970s, the schools included:

Temple, Killeen, Killeen Ellison, Bryan, etc. 

The most unique occurred to me when I went with my then girlfriend to Pearsall.  Pearsall was playing against another team with green as the school color.  Their song started with the pre-amble to the Aggy fight song, but then went into the body of Texas fight. 

Really, really weird. 

On Wisconsin?

The Reagan Raider fight song was strong.  It got a lot of run in the late 60s through early 90s.  Then the school went down hill . . . now renamed for “wokemess”.   As a side note, the chant “Who Let Them Dogs Out” was coined in the stands of RHS football games before the Baja Men made it famous.  

On 1/14/2023 at 4:34 PM, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

I can’t even name my old HS’s fight song….  Or remember how it sounds

I went to two different HSs and don't even remember either having a fight song.

The 2nd one was the Mustangs and had SMU's colors, so it wouldn't be any surprise if they used SMU's song as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, deadshank said:

Rat shit, bat shit

Dirty old twat

Sixty-nine assholes tied in a knot

Lizard shit, bird shit

Fuck!!!!

-credit to George Carlin

Original Version:

Rat shit

Bat shit

Dirty old twat

69 douchebags 

Tied in a knot

Cock. suck 

Mother fuck

Lick a dick too

I'm a US service man 

Who the fuck are you

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2023 at 10:15 PM, bullet said:

I went to two different HSs and don't even remember either having a fight song.

The 2nd one was the Mustangs and had SMU's colors, so it wouldn't be any surprise if they used SMU's song as well.

we may have gone to the same HS.  JJP?

The Great James Madison High School in Sunny South Dallas has this as their fight song. They play it like this (Obviously not near as good as The Sonic Boom does) and will play the full song and not just a part of it. I remember it going all the way through the kickoff after a TD many times. They borrow much of what they play from JSU, especially their halftime music. I always thought it was cool and really unique though to be hearing Get Ready as a fight song at a high school game since almost every school just has a college fight song and not music from The Temptations.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Not sure if it was their official fight song,  but San Antonio Lee used to play "Rebel Rouser"  the old Duane Eddy song at their games.  

Very cool but probably would probably be illegal now.  Maybe some SA Surlys know if it was in fact their fight song?

2 minutes ago, bullet said:

Right.

Hey now!  For a pretty pedestrian football history, we did have a couple Super Bowl participants (if not stsrrers), the year the titans  played the Rams. Aggie Safety and Tony D’s boy.   When I was there we were a swimming, AC decathalon and soccer school. 

As much as it pains me to say it, since those LOYAL FOREVER! Maroons will never let it go, but Austin High is very good (use the Notre Dame tune):

Beer beer for old Austin High

Bring out the whiskey, bring out the rye 
Send those freshmen out for gin, and don't let a sober SENIOR in
We never stagger, we never fall
We sober up on wood alcohol 
All ye saints of Austin High are out on the drunk again

4 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

As much as it pains me to say it, since those LOYAL FOREVER! Maroons will never let it go, but Austin High is very good (use the Notre Dame tune):

Beer beer for old Austin High

Bring out the whiskey, bring out the rye 
Send those freshmen out for gin, and don't let a sober SENIOR in
We never stagger, we never fall
We sober up on wood alcohol 
All ye saints of Austin High are out on the drunk again

what kind of kid attends Austin High these days? Influencers?

On 1/17/2023 at 7:04 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

NorthWood High School in Nappanee, IN. You can hear it below.

Across the Field, the Ohio State fight song.  Also the fight song at my high school. 

We used the tune of The Eyes of Texas for our school song, Arise Ye Men of HC High School

Every time I hear either song, my mind snaps me back to my youth