Post-Beard #3: Tech @ Texas, 7pm ESPN

Js1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Tech always plays their A game against us, especially on defense

Texas would be in the hole with any conference team with this first half performance. Tech actually tried to give Texas opportunities to get ahead early and well, here we are.

Just now, TexArcher said:

I don't think I've ever seen a better shot fake.  Like, ever.

Announcers keep harping that it's slow but it's not, really. It's just more of a shot fake. It's nearly all the way to the point of a typical shot release. And unusual enough that it demands a reaction. Most shot fakes all look the same, the quick pump fake.

Just now, Mo Horn said:

The way we start games, and overall inconsistency, is one of the many reasons we tell Terry thanks for taking over in a really difficult situation, but best of luck in your next venture, at the end of the season. 

This. No interest in him being HC. 
Watching this Freshman for Tech carve up the Texas D is super annoying 

Just now, gofuckyourself said:

Announcers keep harping that it's slow but it's not, really. It's just more of a shot fake. It's nearly all the way to the point of a typical shot release. And unusual enough that it demands a reaction. Most shot fakes all look the same, the quick pump fake.

Right.  It's not that his is slow, it's that everyone else rushes theirs.  Rice's looks exactly like his natural shot and he takes the ball all the way up to the release point before pulling it back.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Need more Mitchell and Disu this next half and less bishop and less Brock is he’s being asked to body a wide 6’11” guy for long periods of time

And it would be nice if Hunter showed up

Allen and rice are the only guys who are really matching techs aggressive physical play

1 minute ago, gofuckyourself said:

I don't get the Texas offense here. Admittedly I didn't see a bunch of the Beard games earlier this year, but has the offensive style just completely changed. Is it shittier defense and fewer opportunities? 

Whatever it is, this ain't good basketball.

Terry can’t adjust in game. He’s playing checkers with the offense and the player combinations.

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

The way we start games, and overall inconsistency, is one of the many reasons we tell Terry thanks for taking over in a really difficult situation, but best of luck in your next venture, at the end of the season. 

Do you win games by starting strong or by scoring more points at the end of the game?

I don’t love the slow starts but Terry is 7-1 and until that changes I’m gonna roll with it 

Watching these first halves, I find myself asking questions. 

questions like how hard did he choke her? and for how long?

also need to make more of their open shots.  Some 3s but also Brock missed layup. This isn’t crazy good tech defense, it’s bad offense. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 5

Terry obviously isn't a great coach but some of these guys need to get their heads out of their asses and play like they want to win from the jump. I get that this season has been a hell of a note but at some point you need to decide what you're about individually and as a team. They could easily be 1-3 in conference right now.

The difference in talent and ability between these two teams is stark - and Texas is at home with a phenomenal crowd behind them. Yet they're down 9 at half. 

A bunch of these guys are 22, 23 years old. There needs to be more leadership displayed on the court. At the end of the day Terry isn't going to come out there and play defense and execute on O for you. This doesn't need to be a wasted season. Pardon the metaphor but the ball is in their hands. Do something with it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Do you win games by starting strong or by scoring more points at the end of the game?

I don’t love the slow starts but Terry is 7-1 and until that changes I’m gonna roll with it 

For the rest of the year, sure, but not long term.