2023 Australian Open

shadow_operative2.0

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I wouldn't bet a whole lot of $ on the American winning this thing now. 

I hate Baylor Brooksby and all that school boy shit that he was pulling last year when men’s and women’s legends were telling him to knock that shit off. 

Normally I pull for Americans, but I really like Ruud’s bra-less Viking fan section.

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Fritz follows up his first round loss at the US open with a 2nd round loss at the Aussie Open. He better turn things around or his Instagram model blonde girlfriend will leave him for a winner 

A lot of Top 10 guys would have lost in 4 sets or even 3 tonight against Popyrin playing like that. This isn’t a Fritz thing. This was a Popyrin thing. 

Popyrin has likely never played a match like this in his life. I haven’t seen anything close to this in the last 36 months. And I watched his first title against fairly mediocre competition. He was insane tonight. 

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Andy Murray is a freakin warrior. He’s going to be taking an ice bath all day Friday 

Yep, that Murray/Kokkinakis match was f'in unreal and awesome to watch.  Someone needs to post a link to the ridiculous break point Murray won...it's unbelievable.

Never been a big Murray fan, but gotta respect him coming back from 2 sets down to win after 5 hours 45 minutes.  It was sick.

21 minutes ago, hobbs said:

Yep, that Murray/Kokkinakis match was f'in unreal and awesome to watch.  Someone needs to post a link to the ridiculous break point Murray won...it's unbelievable.

Never been a big Murray fan, but gotta respect him coming back from 2 sets down to win after 5 hours 45 minutes.  It was sick.

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Dani out, shit. 

Fairly certain that she was carrying a slight injury coming into the tournament. 

Then she played 3 three-setters in a row including playing someone who should be in the Top 10, except that points weren’t awarded for Wimbledon results last year.

Bummer, but she played admirably.

On 1/19/2023 at 12:17 AM, Napoleon said:

I hate Baylor Brooksby and all that school boy shit that he was pulling last year when men’s and women’s legends were telling him to knock that shit off. 

Normally I pull for Americans, but I really like Ruud’s bra-less Viking fan section.

I would love to know more about this, in a "picture tells 1,000 words" kind of way.

Surely this isn' it:

aps-ten-AussieOpen-GR-012023-ph08

Edited by Bullneck

18 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Aryna is fucking killing the ball so far, poor Elise had no chance. 

If Aryna had Barty, Swiatek’s, or Pegula’s brain, she would have about 8 Grand Slams by now and would be so far out in front as the #1 player in the world that she would be consistently brought up as potentially the greatest player of all time. 

She would be like a young Mike Tyson. Just come on the court and smash her opponent off of it before people have even finished their beers.

I can’t believe that Popyrin looked like the second coming of Juan Martín del Potro against Taylor Fritz in his last match and then he returned to the court to lose to 20 year-old American, Ben Shelton, in straight sets.

WTF?!

Such a bummer for Fritz to get Popyrin’s complete outlier match. Probably his best match in his entire career.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Has Ostapenko put on weight ??

Why would you ask that?

50F4BF77-6953-421D-B094-B23CF8382DB9.jpeg

1ABE7022-003E-4317-ACF1-F74B5A5667EB.webp

3070DB87-D9EF-4C56-9E05-462A94B59FEF.png

Grand Slams are easier on power hitting fat girls, because the matches are still Best 2 out of 3, but you have 1 to 2 days of rest between each match. 

Serena played herself into shape against minnows and then had tons of rest after legitimate opponents.

Ostapenko has to like getting so much rest at her size.

Edited by Napoleon