Hakeem Jeffries seems like he sucks

wildcat09

That seems exactly what you want from a good politician. By good I mean effective. Seems like a lot of people want someone who agrees with them 100% and votes in lockstep with the outer edges of their party.

Edited by Sawbonz
*their
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

That seems exactly what you want from a good politician. By good I mean effective. Seems like a lot of people want someone who agrees with them 100% and votes in lockstep with the outer edges of their party.

I don’t want Democrats who works with republicans to pack courts with conservative judges.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I have no problem with what Jeffries said.

I would, however, like to know how he would vote if given the chance.

From his remarks he would vote for him. Not sure if he were gov he would have made him the nominee for the spot, but the judge is a moderate not a right winger 

I believe ideological purist politicians often operate outside of their real vocation when they blur the lines between politician and activist. Activists add value by speaking truth to power that they often cannot access because they choose to play outside of the political process. The most effective politicians are those who exploit the activist voices by pragmatically navigating land mines in the political process. The ability to raise hell has diminishing returns when that’s all you can do. Congresswoman Jayapal is beginning to understand the difference in being an activist and an effective legislator. That’s a good thing.

• Hook 'Em 1