Alabama Basketball Player, Darius Miles charged with murder.

naija

What a fucking pussy …..

A little more than 24 hours later, Miles was being led in handcuffs into the Tuscaloosa County Jail.

Miles, 21, appeared to be crying during a perp walk and said, “I love you,’’ and “I love you more than you can imagine,’’ several times to someone standing outside the Tuscaloosa County Jail.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

Jesus, what a fucking shame. When did people stop using their minds? Why don’t they think? Why don’t they fucking care about human life? 

i don't understand how they don't care about their own life.  21 years old with a lot of life in front of him and it's going to be spent in prison*.  from a purely selfish perspective, who the fuck wants that?

* - assuming he's guilty of course.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

What a fucking pussy …..

A little more than 24 hours later, Miles was being led in handcuffs into the Tuscaloosa County Jail.

Miles, 21, appeared to be crying during a perp walk and said, “I love you,’’ and “I love you more than you can imagine,’’ several times to someone standing outside the Tuscaloosa County Jail.

Coincidentally those same words will soon be ringing in his ears courtesy of someone standing inside the Tuscaloosa County jail/Alabama pen 

• 1 month later...

Soon to be All American, best player on #2 team in the nation, top 5 NBA prospect.  Holy shit, how is he not charged in this?  Did I answer the question with my first sentence?

https://www.al.com/news/2023/02/darius-miles-texted-brandon-miller-to-bring-gun-used-to-kill-jamea-jonae-harris-police-testify.html?utm_campaign=aldotcomSports_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Alabama’s freshman basketball standout Brandon Miller brought the gun used on the Tuscaloosa strip killing of a 23-year-old mother that led to capital murder charges for his now former teammate Darius Miles and 20-year-old Michael “Buzz” Davis, according to law enforcement testimony today.

Miles texted Miller to bring his gun to where they were, according to police.

When Miller got to the scene, Miles told Davis, “The heat is in the hat.” Det. Branden Culpepper said that meant a gun was present.

Miles added, “There’s one in the head.” That, Culpepper said, meant a round was in the chamber.

Miles moved his girlfriend back to get her out of line of fire, Culpepper added.

Miller’s windshield was struck twice by gunfire in the shooting, police testified. Another Alabama basketball player, Jaden Bradley, was also at the scene of the shooting, according to testimony.

Asked by AL.com why Miller was not charged, Tuscaloosa chief deputy D.A. Paula Whitley said, “That’s not a question I can answer. There’s nothing we could charge him with,’' according to the law, she said.

Alabama coach Nate Oats said Tuesday that Miller is “not in any trouble” as a result of his alleged involvement.

“We knew about that. Can’t control everything everybody does outside of practice. Nobody knew that was going to happen. College kids are out, Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time,” Oats said.

The testimony came in Tuesday’s preliminary hearing for Miles, 21, and Davis, 20, both of whom are charged with capital murder in the Jan. 15 Tuscaloosa killing of Jamea Jonae Harris.

The testimony lasted more than 2 1/2 hours before Tuscaloosa County District Judge Joanne Jannik.

Miles is represented by Mary Turner; Davis by John Robbins. Both attorneys asked that their clients be released on bond. They claim their clients shot in self-defense.

Miles’ mother, Tracy Harris - a veteran police officer - and Davis’ mother, Annie Davis, both testified that they would make sure their sons would obey by all bond conditions and be present for future court hearings.

The judge has not ruled on that or whether to send the case to a grand jury.

Both Miles and Davis sobbed at the end of the court hearing. The two suspects remain held without bond in the Tuscaloosa County Jail.

Harris, the mother of a young son, was in Tuscaloosa visiting her cousin and boyfriend for the weekend when she was shot in the early-morning hours of Jan. 15.

Here is full coverage of the case

About 1:45 a.m. that Sunday, Tuscaloosa police and University of Alabama police were dispatched to the Walk of Champions at Bryant Denny Stadium on a shooting.

A Jeep had stopped there upon sighting a University of Alabama Police vehicle. Harris was dead inside the vehicle, said Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Capt. Jack Kennedy.

Harris’s boyfriend, who drove Harris from the shooting scene, told police their vehicle had been struck by gunfire. He had returned fire in self-defense and may have struck a suspect – believed to be Davis.

Investigators determined that the shooting happened in the 400 Block of Grace Street off of University Boulevard.

Harris’s mother, DeCarla Heard, told AL.com the ordeal began with the suspects trying to talk to Harris, who told them she had a boyfriend and wasn’t interested.

Court records state Davis fired the deadly shots, and that Miles admitted to providing Davis with the gun.

It was announced the day before the fatal shooting that the junior forward was ruled out for the season due to an ankle injury. Following news of his arrest, it was announced that Miles was no longer on the team.

Testimony from today’s court hearing show all involved had gone to Twelve25 Sports Bar that night. Miller dropped Miles off at the club but did not stay because the line was too long.

After leaving the club, Harris, her boyfriend Cedric Johnson and her first cousin, Asia Humphrey, stopped at a nearby grill to get something to eat. It was then they encountered Davis, who was dancing in front Harris’ Jeep.

Johnson told Davis that his girlfriend was not interested and to move along. “It got a little elevated,’' the detective testified.

Miles and Davis walked away from the victim’s Jeep but later returned. Two vehicles - a Dodge Charger and a Dodge Challenger that belonged to Miles’ teammates Miller and Bradley - were blocking the road where the Jeep was parked.

Miles and Davis walked to Miller’s car and got something - believed to be the gun - out of the back seat.

Moments later, Culpepper testified, Davis began firing through the driver’s side window of the Jeep. He fired at least eight shots, some of them while running in an arc from the driver’s side around the back of the vehicle. It was then, the detective said, that Miller’s Charger was struck by two bullets.

Johnson, the victim’s boyfriend, returned fire, striking Davis in the shoulder.

Harris was struck in the left side of her face. The victims drove to the Walk of Champions where they found a police officer and stopped. Harris was pronounced dead there.

Miles’ attorneys previously released this statement on his behalf.

“Darius, his family, and all of us at Turner Law Group first and foremost want to express our deepest sympathy and condolences to the family and friends of Jamea Jonae Harris. This is a tragic and sad situation, and our hearts go out to all of those who have been hurt by her death. Darius is distraught over this situation and deeply saddened by the death of Ms. Harris.

“Darius is also saddened by any negative light shed on the University of Alabama, his coaches, his teammates and his family, all of whom have been positive influences in his life. Darius and his family appreciate all who have shown their concern, offered prayers and tried to help him during this difficult time and asks that all keep Ms. Harris’s loved ones in your prayers.

“In light of statements made by the media and other people who were not present or otherwise have a personal interest in the outcome of this case that are contrary to the limited evidence previously released by local law enforcement, we encourage everyone to withhold judgment.”

Alabama coach Nate Oats said Tuesday that Miller is “not in any trouble” as a result of his alleged involvement.

“We knew about that. Can’t control everything everybody does outside of practice. Nobody knew that was going to happen. College kids are out, Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time,” Oats said.

huh??

7 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Yeah, that response by Oats just got him crossed off my list. That's something you say when the kid gets a MIP or drunk and disorderly, not when there's a body attached. An absolutely shameful comment.

Agreed wholeheartedly 

His player literally brought a gun to a murder scene RIGHT BEFORE THE FUCKING MURDER. That his other player was involved in.

No game is worth excusing this behavior 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Bullshit. If you allow your gun to be used in a crime, then you should face the same charges as the criminal.

Its all kind of murky, but I'm pretty sure  Miles owned the gun used in the killing not Miller. Miles was riding in Miller's car earlier I believe and left his gun in Millers car. When shit was 'bout to get real, he called Miller, who returned with his car so Miles could get the gun. He then gave it to the other dude who went Leroy Jenkins.

Its an interesting distinction between Miller bringing the gun to Miles, and Miles then providing the gun to Davis. Neither pulled the trigger, but Miller gets off with no charges while Miles gets a murder charge. Either way, Bama looks like complete shit in the matter as they knew of Miller's involvement. I doubt anyone in Tuscaloosa cares as Bama is basically an athletic department masquerading as a university. If they had any integrity whatsoever, Oates would have been fired for that dogshit answer alone. Jesus christ a person is dead here. What the fuck are you doing bama? 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

It's amazing how people will throw their lives away over nothing 

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Its all kind of murky, but I'm pretty sure  Miles owned the gun used in the killing not Miller. Miles was riding in Miller's car earlier I believe and left his gun in Millers car. When shit was 'bout to get real, he called Miller, who returned with his car so Miles could get the gun. He then gave it to the other dude who went Leroy Jenkins.

Its an interesting distinction between Miller bringing the gun to Miles, and Miles then providing the gun to Davis. Neither pulled the trigger, but Miller gets off with no charges while Miles gets a murder charge. Either way, Bama looks like complete shit in the matter as they knew of Miller's involvement. I doubt anyone in Tuscaloosa cares as Bama is basically an athletic department masquerading as a university. If they had any integrity whatsoever, Oates would have been fired for that dogshit answer alone. Jesus christ a person is dead here. What the fuck are you doing bama? 

Gotcha. In that case charge Miller as an accessory. He is a vital part of why a young woman is dead.

And he damn sure shouldn't be playing basketball. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blotto said:

The civil suit will not be murky at all 

2 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

It's amazing how people will throw their lives away over nothing 

Fucking dumb asses. The both deserve the needle