Alabama Basketball Player, Darius Miles charged with murder.

naija

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

So wait one of the guys involved in this murder was playing this whole time?

We were just getting excited about leaving Baylor behind in the Big 12 just to find another one waiting for us in the SEC? What is wrong with people?

But he wasn't involved in the actual shooting, sir. He just delivered the gun and just happened to park his car where it blocked the vehicle that the victim was in. Wrong place, wrong time. 

tenor (1).gif

• Hook 'Em 1

If Bama suspends either Oats or Miller now, the obvious question would be why now? Oats already said that they knew all of this information when it happened. So presumably they will be in Columbia for the game tomorrow. If so, that game instantly becomes must watch TV (ESPN2). Gamecock fans better get all up in that ass. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Blotto said:

If Bama suspends either Oats or Miller now, the obvious question would be why now? Oats already said that they knew all of this information when it happened. So presumably they will be in Columbia for the game tomorrow. If so, that game instantly becomes must watch TV (ESPN2). Gamecock fans better get all up in that ass. 

Every decent person should. The press should shred that fucker every chance they get.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i didn't foresee having to add, "bad at covering up murders" to the list of cons in my evaluation of nate oats.

I knew his vibes were fucked when we played his Buffalo team in the tourney in 2019. Dude acted like a straight up lunatic the entire game on the sideline, I've never seen anything like it.

"The reason that the gun was provided to Michael Davis was for protection,'' Mary Turner argued.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35707831/police-alabama-star-brandon-miller-provided-gun-used-shooting

Who helps pay for these kids/thugs legal fees? Boosters? They’re on their own? Using their NIL money?

https://www.turnerlawgroup.net

Edited by Tailgate

56 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I knew his vibes were fucked when we played his Buffalo team in the tourney in 2019. Dude acted like a straight up lunatic the entire game on the sideline, I've never seen anything like it.

Dude, have you seen Chris Beard? I’d take him back as a coach in a heartbeat I personally think that crazy fire can be useful on the sidelines. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Dude, have you seen Chris Beard? I’d take him back as a coach in a heartbeat I personally think that crazy fire can be useful on the sidelines. 

I mean yes, obviously Beard can get pretty intense on the sideline. But he doesn't act like a giant man-toddler throwing a tantrum literally 100% of the time. Oats is a freak.

And his wife is ugly.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

But he wasn't involved in the actual shooting, sir. He just delivered the gun and just happened to park his car where it blocked the vehicle that the victim was in. Wrong place, wrong time. 

tenor (1).gif

He wasn't the shooter but he gets the assist.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Goodbye, Nate Oats 👋

You going somewhere? Cause Oats sure isn't. And neither is Miller. Surely Bama is still working feverishly behind the scenes to pin it all on the drunk friend so Miles can be reinstated. Consulting Ray Lewis wasn't enough.

Edited by CurlyDumps

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If the prosecution can prove that Miller knew Miles' intentions then he seems pretty fucked. At the very least it seems like he'd draw an accessory charge. 

The star player of the #2 overall team and a favorite to win an NCAA title? In a college town with such strong morals as T-Town?

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, this will be hard to overcome.  Poor Bama.  Could you imagine losing a top flight coach who has your program rolling right in the middle of the season?  That would be rough..

spacer.png

If it is going to happen, I would much rather it happens in early December than the end of February.

But you cannot really compare them. Murder is on a whole different level than a domestic dispute.

It's fitting that Oats wears a plaid coat in honor of Wimp

Sanderson resigned from Alabama on May 18, 1992, days after Nancy Watts, his longtime secretary, filed a sexual discrimination lawsuit against him and the university with the US Equal Opportunity Commission. Both Sanderson and Watts admitted they had had an affair from about 1970 to 1985, but both offered conflicting stories about what happened on March 17, 1992.  Watts said that on that day, two days before Alabama was to play Stanford in the NCAA tournament, Sanderson punched her in the face during an argument, giving her a black eye. Sanderson said Watts had become hysterical and that, in an effort to defend himself, he extended his hand and she collided with it, resulting in the injury. More than a year later, Watts' lawsuit against Sanderson, the university and then-athletic director Hootie Ingram, was settled out of court, days before it was scheduled to go to trial.

Alabama and Sanderson's homeowner's insurance policy paid Watts $275,000. Sanderson's employment with the university ended after 32 years. "It was a situation where if you're accused of anything, you're guilty, and that's not right. I know what happened," Sanderson has said. "I gave the university 32 years, all I could give them. Tried to do everything the right way. It was a sad day in my life. I loved the school, but it's behind me. It's over."

Edited by ClubWhatever

Not trying to discount the gravity of the situation, but as someone who doesn't watch Alabama basketball, is this the scenario?

Gun is owned by Miles (already removed from the team).

Miller is the badass future NBA star who had Miles gun the night of the Murder.

Miles calls Miller and says I need my gun something is going down.

Miller brings him the gun.

Miles Friend, Michael Lynn Davis who isn't on the Alabama team, shoots girl.

Accurate?

Was Miller on scene when the girl was shot?

Edited by MoJames

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Was Miller on scene when the girl was shot?

Yes, his car was allegedly parked to block he escape route of the victims. But how can you expect him to know that his friend who’d just asked him to bring a gun and trap people was going to shoot at them 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

But when you add in that he must have seen there was a dispute, he apparently hung around the scene and his car trapping the victim, it’s insane that charges aren’t even being considered. 

Even if law enforcement is still trying to confirm the car-trapping fact, it's insane that Miller hasn't been at least temporarily suspended from the team based on what has been confirmed. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Even if law enforcement is still trying to confirm the car-trapping fact, it's insane that Miller hasn't been at least temporarily suspended from the team based on what has been confirmed. 

he was in the wrong place at the wrong time man.  boys will be be boys.

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Remember our motto: "Any kid who averages fifteen points a game deserves a second chance."

• Like 1