Is there a better action movie than Raiders of the Lost Ark?

dcbc

28 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Watching it with my 9 year old.  Had to do a bit of forcing, but he hasn't blinked since the gunfight scene in Abner's Nepal bar. 

Is there a better action movie?

Should have just taken him to the theater tomorrow.  It's showing everywhere at 2 and 7

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Die Hard

I rewatched Die Hard the other night and a few things really bothered me...

John McClane gets dropped off at Nakatomi Tower around 6:30PM or so. It's usually dark by 5:30 in the winter.

What bowl game is USC and Notre Dame playing on Christmas Eve?

WHO schedules a company party on Christmas Eve?!?! I don't care how much cocaine there is, that's just bad etiquette.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 years later...
On 6/16/2018 at 9:14 PM, dcbc said:

Watching it with my 9 year old.  Had to do a bit of forcing, but he hasn't blinked since the gunfight scene in Abner's Nepal bar. 

Is there a better action movie?

I'm so predictable.  I searched "Raiders" to see if anyone had started a thread because I wanted to post that Raiders of the Lost Ark is a "perfect" movie.  And I found this thread, which I started almost five years ago to say the basically same thing.  The actual report is that I'm watching ROTLA again after almost five years.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2018 at 11:00 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

Also had Die Hard immediately pop in my head. 

You dont buy into the theory that Indiana Jones had zero impact on the events and outcome of Raiders?

No, Chuck Lorre was wrong.

Indy was chosen to relocate the Ark to another burial location. Ironically, having it lost in a wharehouse is probably a better way to keep it safe than in a desert. 

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

I actually liked Tears of the Sun. Was it fantastic? nope but would watch again.

I barely made it through the whole thing. 34% on RT.

The one thing I do remember is Monica Belluci basically saying she'd never work with Bruce Willis again, after she spent all her time on set telling him to fuck off and stop hitting on her.

41 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

I barely made it through the whole thing. 34% on RT.

The one thing I do remember is Monica Belluci basically saying she'd never work with Bruce Willis again, after she spent all her time on set telling him to fuck off and stop hitting on her.

Bruce has no memory of that.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

No, Chuck Lorre was wrong.

Indy was chosen to relocate the Ark to another burial location. Ironically, having it lost in a wharehouse is probably a better way to keep it safe than in a desert. 

One thing is certain, however, and that is the fact that Indiana Jones is without question the worst archaeologist that ever lived.

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

Tell me this: What movie has more iconic set prices that T2?

Escape from the mall

Chased by a tow truck

Escape from the mental hospital

Blowing up Cyberdyne 

Highway chase

Fight in the steel mill

Tow truck and steel mill might be iconic.