2023 Texas Softball - Back to WCWS

Js1

Yeah, I was bummed about missing the WCWS, but it would just lead, at best, to yet another ass kicking by OU.  There wasn't a single inning we played them this year that I thought we had a chance to win.  I enjoy the emotion and excitement of softball playoffs (Jomboy has some great breakdowns this year BTW), but honestly with OU being 8 standard deviations better than everyone else, the whole thing seems rather pointless.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

There wasn't a single inning we played them this year that I thought we had a chance to win

Even the 6 innings of game 2 when we had the lead, you just knew 

Schedule 

All times ET

Monday:

Game 11: No. 1 Oklahoma vs. No. 9 Stanford, noon, ESPN
Game 12: Rematch Game 11 (if necessary), 2:30 p.m.
Game 13: No. 3 Florida State vs. No. 4 Tennessee, 7 p.m., ESPN
Game 14: Rematch Game 13 (if necessary), 9:30 p.m.

Championship series: (ESPN)

Game 1: Wednesday, 8 p.m.  
Game 2: Thursday, 7:30 p.m.
Game 3: Friday (if necessary), 8 p.m.

College softball: WCWS schedule, how to watch, NCAA scores - ESPN

36 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Stanford and OU tied at 2 in the 7th inning. Game is closer than I expected it would be 

Tree pitching is so good. They have like less than 30 HR as a team lol

31 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Canady is a stud.  She nearly did this herself.  If they bring her in at 2-1, Tree may have taken this.  

Maybe but 2 isn’t gonna beat OU. Stanford has a pitiful offense 

OU is on a huge win streak, but FSU is 24-1 in their last 25 games. 

Two pitchers with an ERA under 1.05 and 1.60 as a team
.307 team average with 59 HR and 129 SB

FSU lost to OU 5-4 in March in Norman.  They scored 4 runs off Alex Storako in 4 innings, and the Bahl shut them down for the final 3 innings as OU rallied from a 4-3 deficit.

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

OU is on a huge win streak, but FSU is 24-1 in their last 25 games. 

Two pitchers with an ERA under 1.05 and 1.60 as a team
.307 team average with 59 HR and 129 SB

FSU lost to OU 5-4 in March in Norman.  They scored 4 runs off Alex Storako in 4 innings, and the Bahl shut them down for the final 3 innings as OU rallied from a 4-3 deficit.

Far from a given.  I’d bet OU in 3 but wouldn’t bet on a sweep.  

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/37807466/oklahoma-softball-defends-celebrations-ahead-wcws-final

Lol.  Double standard BS.  We do what the men do?

Men don’t scream like that all game 

Men don’t slam the bat down and go crazy celebrating an intentional walk 

If it works, great.  Do it.  But don’t pull this ‘it’s girls so we get shit on’ BS

There, I feel better.  

56-1 and 53 straight is probably the greatest NCAA season of all time in any sport in the modern era with more parity and given the game-to-game luck involved in softball/baseball and it only being 7 innings. Sucks that it's the sooners hopefully we get to that level at some point.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Really?  I'd hate to see how lopsided things were before.  Right now there's only one team with enough talent to win it all.  How can there be less parity that that?

Back in the day 2-3 west coast teams were amazing and everyone else was trash.  Even outside of OU there’s very solid programs throughout now - but I get what you’re saying too.  
If you look at the top 15 it’s all very solid programs in the big money sports - mainly football.  80’s/90’s OU, Bama, FSU, UT were almost nonexistent in softball.  Even Clemson now has really invested softball and it’s showing.  

There are other schools that can compete with OU, but they won’t until they commit their attentions and resources towards the sport the way the Sooners have. They have the best coach, the best players, the best NIL, the best exposure and they are building new facilities. No one else is making that type commitment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

And every goddamn mother fucker on this site wishes we were that good. 

No one really gives a shit about swimming. 

OU is literally the standard, period. 

They’re definitely making a major commitment.  Gasso would be the second highest paid ncaa baseball coach.  That’s insane.  
Also saw last year the women’s final had better ratings than the baseball finale, both on ESPN.