Texas/ou game

joeycovers

On 6/17/2018 at 1:32 PM, kopp0e said:

Looking to hopefully take my daughter to our 1st game at Fair Park this fall, and looking to enjoy all that the rivalry entails..!

Two questions:  1 - Why are you constantly quoting your own Tweets? 

2 - Has anybody accused you of looking douchy for constantly quoting your own Tweets?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Two questions:  1 - Why are you constantly quoting your own Tweets? 

2 - Has anybody accused you of looking douchy for constantly quoting your own Tweets?

No problem, I will happily answer your question:

On the realignment thread(s), I have found it easier to just post my illustrations to a twitter account, as the Surlyhorns won't work with Imgur/ Dirtburglars won't work with Pinterest...

So the solution was to make a streamlined way that I could post on both sites, as it was troublesome to filter the images to select the site that I needed an illustration/ talking point...

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Skipper said:

Huh? Looking like that where?

Well, FOX/FS1 has the rights this year.  And Matt Sarz has it on great authority from them that it's either 11am or 3pm, and based on some other earlier timezone heavyweight games, 3:00p seems likely.  The LSU TV guru guy gets much of his available window broadcast stuff from him.  Anyway, we won't know until 2 weeks before as per usual, but it will be on FOX, and they don't have a 2:30p that day, or an 11:30a, or a noon.  I'm sure it'll end up being a morning game, but 3:00p does sound nice.  

12 hours ago, joeycovers said:

ALDS game 2 is on the same day. Not sure what network is carrying it. If Fox has rights I imagine Baseball will get the early start followed by fball. Lots of assumptions I know

TBS. FS1 carries the NLDS but no games on Saturday. 

DjnPUxsXcAAMAgf.jpg:large

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I got this email a few mins ago. I have no idea how many tickets I got -- if any. Tried to order six so my wife and I could sit with my parents (dad is UT grad who will be at his first TX-OU game) and my aunt and uncle (who attended OU). What a PITA.

Dear Texas Football Fans,

The University of Texas' allotment of tickets for the annual AT&T Red River Showdown rivalry football game with Oklahoma is sold out. 

You are receiving this email because you are being issued a partial refund for the portion of tickets we cannot fulfill. In an effort to give access to as many fans as possible to this high demand game, it is necessary to restrict the number of tickets requested outside of priority limits. Please check your confirmation emails carefully to verify the number of tickets you have purchased. If you paid with a credit card, a refund will be issued to your credit card.  If you paid with a check or cash, a refund check will be mailed to your address of record.  If you would like all of the tickets refunded or have further questions regarding your order, please call the Athletics Ticket Office at 512/471-3333 or 800/982-BEVO.

For purchasing convenience, season ticket holders that are also Longhorn Foundation members receive first priority for AT&T Red River Showdown tickets.  For more information or to join the Longhorn Foundation, please call 512-471-4439 or email us at LonghornFoundation@athletics.utexas.edu. 

It is important to note that tickets may be available through our official secondary ticket market partner, Stubhub https://www.stubhub.com/  

Hook 'em, Horns!

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I got this email a few mins ago. I have no idea how many tickets I got -- if any. Tried to order six so my wife and I could sit with my parents (dad is UT grad who will be at his first TX-OU game) and my aunt and uncle (who attended OU). What a PITA.

I knew something was up when I had a pending credit of $280 on my credit card this weekend. Looks like I'll only be getting 2 of the 4 I requested this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 2:11 PM, IDIOTsavant said:

I knew something was up when I had a pending credit of $280 on my credit card this weekend. Looks like I'll only be getting 2 of the 4 I requested this year. 

Doesn't look like I got any -- but the department still charged me like $3. Lame.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...