Sunflower Seeds

gofuckyourself

I didn't see a specific topic, so delete/ban as required.

Also maybe not a long topic since there's not really that many brands, but it has expanded in the past few years. Seeds and jerky are my two go to snacks for travel, fishing, driving etc.

Davids was the OG but probably the last option these days. The sandpaper tongue and mouth after effects were the worst. Maybe they changed the formula but I haven't gone back. But learned to master the crack and spit delight of seeds from many a bag of David's.

Spitz : discovered these in California years ago and mind blown. No "seed tongue" and came in pretty good flavors. First I tried was black pepper. Good shit. First bag I found that was resealable (duh). I still like this brand but it's not found locally (Austin) in many places.

Bigs : true to the name was bigger than Spitz and is everywhere now. But the flavors are a bit heavy. And some are terrible. I do like the dill pickle every so often. But can't do too much of that.

Chinook : local Austin seedery. The parmesan pepper are addicting as hell. More subtle flavors so a whole bag on a trip doesn't overwhelm. But all the other flavors I've tried this far mostly disappoint. Including new lemon pepper which I was hopeful, but it's not for me.

What say y'all? Any other sunflower seed connoisseurs out there? Favorite brands and flavors?

On 1/20/2023 at 10:50 AM, gofuckyourself said:

Davids was the OG but probably the last option these days. The sandpaper tongue and mouth after effects were the worst.

Spitz : discovered these in California years ago and mind blown. No "seed tongue"

Uncle Boobs:

Shark Tank Writing GIF

I didn't see a specific topic, so delete/ban as required.

Also maybe not a long topic since there's not really that many brands, but it has expanded in the past few years. Seeds and jerky are my two go to snacks for travel, fishing, driving etc.

Davids was the OG but probably the last option these days. The sandpaper tongue and mouth after effects were the worst. Maybe they changed the formula but I haven't gone back. But learned to master the crack and spit delight of seeds from many a bag of David's.

Spitz : discovered these in California years ago and mind blown. No "seed tongue" and came in pretty good flavors. First I tried was black pepper. Good shit. First bag I found that was resealable (duh). I still like this brand but it's not found locally (Austin) in many places.

Bigs : true to the name was bigger than Spitz and is everywhere now. But the flavors are a bit heavy. And some are terrible. I do like the dill pickle every so often. But can't do too much of that.

Chinook : local Austin seedery. The parmesan pepper are addicting as hell. More subtle flavors so a whole bag on a trip doesn't overwhelm. But all the other flavors I've tried this far mostly disappoint. Including new lemon pepper which I was hopeful, but it's not for me.

What say y'all? Any other sunflower seed connoisseurs out there? Favorite brands and flavors?

Spitz website says they sell them in Texas 7/11s. Have you tried there? And Timewise is basically Exxon, I believe, and Love's are all around.

https://www.spitzusa.com/where-to-buy/