Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is on

closetohumping

What channel?  I love this movie.  

Caine and Martin were absolutely perfect off one another in this film. 

Was bummed to see that Mrs. Colgate, the actress IRL, passed away in 2017 at only 62.   She was a relative unknown at the time of this movie and she hung with two of the most seasoned comedic actors to ever work.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

One of the best comedies.    Timeless

”ruprecht, want me to get the ball cuffs?”

also if you want feelnold I think the actress that plays professor mcgonnagel is in this and she’s like 40

Oklahoma! Oklahoma! Oklahoma!

And Lawrence asks about the genital cuff.   

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Was bummed to see that Mrs. Colgate, the actress IRL, passed away in 2017 at only 62.   She was a relative unknown at the time of this movie and she hung with two of the most seasoned comedic actors to ever work.

Kcet on YouTube 

the scene in the night club with the Australian sailors😂

33 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I didn’t know she passed away. That’s a bummer. She was also good in Dick Tracy. 

17 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Best scene of the movie

I just showed this scene to my kids and it made me really appreciate that the script is brilliant.  The comedy comes from each person lying, knowing another person is lying, knowing another person doesn’t know they’re lying, knowing the other person can’t tell they’re lying, and taking advantage of that. I tried to set the scene up to my kids and it’s really hard.  The movie sets it up in an easy to understand efficient manner.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

^

Good description.  You can tell early on that she is the one actually scamming them.  What makes it so wonderful is the absurdity of Steve Martin's ruse played off of the fact that Michael Caine's previous success came from just being a high class version of his actual self but now he's forced to join the theater of the absurd in a twisted game of one-ups-manship with Martin.  All the while she just gets sweeter and more accommodating as she enjoys the show more and more.  It was really well done as a clever script with some Ruprecht peppered in 'cause you know...it's Steve Fucking Martin.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I just showed this scene to my kids and it made me really appreciate that the script is brilliant.  The comedy comes from each person lying, knowing another person is lying, knowing another person doesn’t know they’re lying, knowing the other person can’t tell they’re lying, and taking advantage of that. I tried to set the scene up to my kids and it’s really hard.  The movie sets it up in an easy to understand efficient manner.  

Yep.  This was a very witty movie, I don't want to say they don't make movies like this anymore, but did they make them in any era?  So underrated.  Also liked Michael Caine's reasoning for trying to keep him away.  When you're big game hunting, someone shooting at rabbits can fuck your shit up.