Cowboys @ Niners: NFC Divisional Round

Vic Mackey

Welp I dunno what to think. Too much battered cowboy syndrome to expect consistency. I expected a loss last week but felt like we were a much better team as much as I wanted to convince myself we’d lose.  This week I neither feel we are better nor feel we will win. Thinking we blew our wad last week assuming we will come out unable to stop a running nose and look like an embarrassment 

bluf. Hoping for a reverse jinx 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

My flipping you off is a pleasant fuck you. Not one said in anger lol 

I was 13 in 1992 when we went there and fucked their shit up.  I’ll never care for the NFL now like I did then…Jerry has killed off 99% of my fandom, but today I’m buckled in.  

Parsons is a modern day LT, sans the blow and propensity to fuck 13 yo’s.  Purdy is in for a rude awakening.  Fuck the god damn niners.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got my lucky tshirt ready for the game. A big factor for me in the game today: ball security. Gotta win the turnover battle. The defense we played last week was weak compared to what we’re about to face. I hope MP and the defense can make Purdy uncomfortable with hurries and sacks and mistakes. I have ever confidence that KS will do his best with play calling to help BP out. So I have to hope for some creativity on our end. Mistakes and miscues and shit clock mgmt killed us last year. If we can play near mistake free football we have a good chance. 

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I was 13 in 1992 when we went there and fucked their shit up.  I’ll never care for the NFL now like I did then…Jerry has killed off 99% of my fandom, but today I’m buckled in.  

Parsons is a modern day LT, sans the blow and propensity to fuck 13 yo’s.  Purdy is in for a rude awakening.  Fuck the god damn niners.  

That game is still my favorite NFC championship game (or NFC Finals, hi @Nicole44), and made up for the one 10 years prior. I've been an apathetic Cowboys fan for over two decades, now (get fucked, Jerry), but I'm up for this one. 

• Hook 'Em 4

If we lose, I'm blaming it on the short week - they ran out of gas in the second half.

If we win, I think it will be the short week - we didn't have time to come off our Monday Night high. We didn't have time to overthink things.

Bottom line: the team that hits the hardest is going to win this one. Here's a hopeful call that the 'Boys are hitting on at least 7 cylinders.

Cowboys 38, Niners 35

21 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Got my lucky tshirt ready for the game. A big factor for me in the game today: ball security. Gotta win the turnover battle. The defense we played last week was weak compared to what we’re about to face. I hope MP and the defense can make Purdy uncomfortable with hurries and sacks and mistakes. I have ever confidence that KS will do his best with play calling to help BP out. So I have to hope for some creativity on our end. Mistakes and miscues and shit clock mgmt killed us last year. If we can play near mistake free football we have a good chance. 

I think I have a higher opinion of KM than a lot of Cowboys fans do, but I don't want to see any end-around, reverse bullshit that gets blown up for a 10 yard loss.  He seems to love that crap.

• Hook 'Em 1

Eagles fan, I think most of us just can't root for Dallas even though they would be the preferred opponent as we try to return to the Super Bowl. I prefer the Cowboys stuck in this wild card level state for eternity, so actually making it to next week would be a disturbance in that force. My guess is the Eagles would be around a 3.5 favorite over DAL and like a 1.0 over SF, but a lot depends how tonight plays out.

33 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Eagles fan, I think most of us just can't root for Dallas even though they would be the preferred opponent as we try to return to the Super Bowl. I prefer the Cowboys stuck in this wild card level state for eternity, so actually making it to next week would be a disturbance in that force. My guess is the Eagles would be around a 3.5 favorite over DAL and like a 1.0 over SF, but a lot depends how tonight plays out.

I don't know why it is that wherever I move, the first friend I make turns out to be from Philly and is a die hard Eagles fan.  My friends are from Upper Darby, Kensington and Swarthmore, and judging by them, those places are very different from each other.

I was getting a string of increasingly drunken texts last night after the game kicked off.  

The only reason I'm happy the Giants lost is the potential for a Cowboys/Eagles matchup that'll allow for some brutal shit talk either way.

Edited by Augustus
  • Hook 'Em 1

There is also the Bosa factor to consider. Last week the brother Bosa likely cost the Chargers the game v the Jags. Bosa brothers always do one of three things: something amazing, something totally dumb or get injured. Since I am hoping for a clean game and no big injuries am also hoping for something dumb. I worry about the combo of Deebo, CMC and Kittle. That’s a powerful fucking combo and h they must be fun to playcall for…I mean look at Reid with Mahomes. He got a Ferrari to run his offense. I think KM has improved Year over year as a play caller but our weapons aren’t those. That’s how I know KM is becoming elite. We don’t have those weapons and have one of the highest scoring offenses in the regular season the last two or three years. He’d slay with a Tee Higgins and a Ja’Marr Chase in the backfield. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Other than the one that gave Green Bay the Ice Bowl win, there is no clip that I hate more than this one.  Screw the 49ers.

I was never a cowboys fan growing up - fucking hated them to be honest, but I moved to the bay area for school just a bit before this play.  Kind of made me an instant SF hater and erased my hate for Dallas.  By the time I moved to Dallas, and when Jimmy Johnson came on, I was okay with the pokes.

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Need a couple Purdy turnovers (fumbles/int) for a Dallas win today.

49ers roster is Cowboys kryptonite...

Odd post. 49ers offensive roster is crazy good. Not sure how it’s cowboys kryptonite. Particularly with a rookie Mr. Irrelevant QB that hasn’t faced any decent D, particularly one with our pass rush. Go post some more TCU shit. 

For better or worse this game will either seal Daks legacy or propel it.

He just played one of his best games, which historically has meant he is ripe for a bed shitting.

Like many others here I was born a cowboys fan but Jerry Jones has stolen that joy like the grinch.

If the boys lose I hope it's so fucking embarrassing that it kills that skeletor morherfucker.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1