Cowboys @ Niners: NFC Divisional Round

Vic Mackey

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

He loved that team and his team mates. I think we hurt his feelings.

Doesn't matter to me. Still love him even though he couldn't beat OU or CU. He beat A&M a lot. That was cool.

I don’t give a shit about Simms, or his hurt feelings, or Shanahan, though I’d kill to have him coach the Boys. I’m certainly not rooting for a Niners SB, ever. I’ll take Philly all day there. Give me either team out of the AFC to upset those morons. 

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

his mentally-handicapped fast-talking nothing speak is what made me hate him.  he's a fucking fraud, dude.  useless.  fleeced america's team out of $160MM.  basically swindled lady liberty.  he can get fucked.

After all these years of futility, I really can't bring myself to begrudge anyone stealing some of Jerry's money.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Dallas fans being too hard on their team. That game was stressful as fuck. Dak and Lamb are gamers and that front 7 is a pain in the ass. Get a lockdown corner and a safety and they are in the Super Bowl.

I want whatever you are having. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I don’t give a shit about Simms, or his hurt feelings, or Shanahan, though I’d kill to have him coach the Boys. I’m certainly not rooting for a Niners SB, ever. I’ll take Philly all day there. Give me either team out of the AFC to upset those morons. 

AFC winning the SB fsho. Two QBs who have been there before vs two who haven't. 

Dallas fans being too hard on their team. That game was stressful as fuck. Dak and Lamb are gamers and that front 7 is a pain in the ass. Get a lockdown corner and a safety and they are in the Super Bowl.

Lol Jerry is still running shit. I was in my early 20s when we were good. Oh well, maybe next year. I sound so aggy.

6 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

You trying to win a playoff game 12-10 now??

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Dan Quinn probably gonna leave Cowboys in his rearview mirror.

Cowboys are the definition of insanity...

I could definitely see him say to himself that he cannot get a defense to perform better in the playoffs than this one did so why stick around if the offense is going to cause them to lose. 

If he gets an offer he thinks he can turn around he's gone

Just now, utxmike05 said:

AFC winning the SB fsho. Two QBs who have been there before vs two who haven't. 

Both NFC teams have unorthodox offenses that don’t require a ton of downfield throwing and are hard to defend. Both have better Ds, though with Cincy and Philly we are splitting hairs. Any of these matchups are going to have betting lines inside of 3. If I were betting it’ll be KC-SF and KC will be a 2.5 pt favorite. And SF would likely win depending on health. SF would cut through KC in a way they did Seattle. KC would have to win in a shootout. 

22 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

what the fuck was turpin doing on the last play? The ball was supposed to immediately go back to Dak, why did he turn upfield? Not that it would have mattered, but still.

Well Dak threw it high and he had to jump up to catch it.  He was getting hit by the time his feet came down and Dak was still just moseying his ass along about 11-12 yards behind him so it would have had to have been quite the immediate and perfect pitch.  Frankly he had no chance to pitch it because if he does that before his feet come down and somebody doesn't catch it out of the air it's just an incomplete pass.

I mean they ain't Tweeder and Billy Bob out there.

Edited by Surly Bevo

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I’m not sure McCarthy is the issue.  Not saying he’s Lombardi or any shit but that was on dak

McCarthy and his coordinators are the reason we went 12-5 in back to back years. This team has a QB and WR issue. It idiotically decided to pay Dak and let Cooper walk. 

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

I’m not sure McCarthy is the issue.  Not saying he’s Lombardi or any shit but that was on dak

McCarthy coached a damn good year. Not a lot of times your could point to his decisions or lack of control of a situation screwing a game up. He was a lot more in control of the game than the last 2 seasons. 

I think you gotta fire Moore. Dak may never be better than this but he certainly won't with Moore. He needs a different voice and different coaching. Different strategy 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

McCarthy makes some WTF decisions at times but he's honestly been better than I thought he'd be when they hired him. This team wasn't slated to do much preseason and they went 12-5 and won a WC game with mediocre QB play all season (and a pretty extensive injury report). 

Like always it's an ownership issue. Yes Dak isn't good - but he isn't the one paying himself and Zeke $50M+ a season. Dallas needs a more serious ownership and FO. The gimmicky, name-chasing GMing centered around TV ratings and selling merch is a beating. They need some adults in the room that are willing to make tough decisions. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

McCarthy and his coordinators are the reason we went 12-5 in back to back years. This team has a QB and WR issue. It idiotically decided to pay Dak and let Cooper walk. 

Cooper is kind of a pussy. 

Need to draft a QB and a few WRs. Mostly QB. Dak is fucking bad. He’s so bad. 

5 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I'm actually okay with the decision to pay Dak simply based on how poorly the NFL and Jerry Jones is in particular at drafting QBs.  Yes, Dak is basically Kirk Cousins at this point, but I have zero confidence in the Jones clan identifying, drafting, and coaching up another qb to league average level in the next 5-10 years, if not longer.