Cowboys @ Niners: NFC Divisional Round

Vic Mackey

I wouldn’t be that upset if I was a Cowboy’s fan. The game was closer than most actually expected. They didn’t for once go 8-8 with a top ten talent wise team like they have a lot recently.  Just need to cut Zeke and his contract, get some WR’s, few other parts and the team is in really good shape.  They are far from a rebuild team. It’s kinda like the Aggies of the nfl but they are actually close to winning now and not just talking about it. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

30 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Frank Gore is the outlier.  Zeke is a fairly typical example of how broken an NFL running back gets well before age 30.  He's just out of gas.

I think Zeke’s problem is he ate himself out of what made him as good. Doesn’t look near as fast now as he did when he was in his first couple of years. Hardly see him run away from people. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I was listening to some of the post-game chatter, and a fair amount of it was how sick the Cowboys should be for squandering "their chance."

I realize fucking Jerry contributes to this by pretending every year is the Cowboy's year, like it's some kind of birth right, but why does everyone else have to play along? It's been 27 years since the Cowboys won a second-round playoff game. Now, I realize Jerry and company have finally assembled a team with decent talent, but based on the record, all that entitles them to is recognition as a potential playoff team next year. They don't belong in any discussion of the NFL elite and won't until they start consistently producing meaningful playoff wins.

But on the plus side, it was amusing to see that last play on multiple replays, with Zeke getting absolutely annihilated as Center.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know how any of you can watch that game and say oh well them's the breaks, we tried.

Dak murdered this team today.

They didn't even need Dak to be great, just drive the bus.

That first pick was high school shit. The second one, forcing a pass on second and fucking 2 should either get him or golden boy Kellen Moore packing their fucking bags.

Guess what, if you have an alleged brilliant OC and he hasn't been poached in 4 years, you don't have a brilliant OC.

The god damn shit hole franchise and all its three ring circus bullshit lost this game. 

I hope one of those Oklahoma strippers gave Jerry full blown AIDS.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think Zeke’s problem is he ate himself out of what made him as good. Doesn’t look near as fast now as he did when he was in his first couple of years. Hardly see him run away from people. 

I think this is what it is. He was more interested in going to raves on MDMA and shit instead of working in the offseason. Got kind of fat during his suspension and hasn't quite been the same since.

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Since his contract, Zeke been.nothing more than a FB that is paid like elite RB.  Dak is also paid as elite QB but is  2-4 in playoffs and just lost to a rookie.  Cowboys are cloaked in failure because Jones.

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Since his contract, Zeke been.nothing more than a FB that is paid like elite RB.  Dak is also paid as elite QB but is  2-4 in playoffs and just lost to a rookie.  Cowboys are cloaked in failure because Jones.

Reality is they should try and offload that contract but Jerry will probably not do that. They really need a number 1 receiver. I think Lamb is really good but he’s not a true number 1. I think Pollard is the type of RB the NFL has shifted too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Reality is they should try and offload that contract but Jerry will probably not do that. They really need a number 1 receiver. I think Lamb is really good but he’s not a true number 1. I think Pollard is the type of RB the NFL has shifted too. 

Jerruh might actually do that? I doubt it. Does anyone remember his misplaced unbridled anger at Amari?Couldn’t send him away fast enough as though Cooper was the reason for the Cowboy’s loss to SF last year. Jerruh won’t admit he and his inbred sloth family put them in cap hell and he’s probably pissed off but it won’t do any good. Damage is done. 

Edited by Nicole44

Here’s a scenario. Quinn is named head coach. Moore wins the head coaching job at the Cardinals. Jerry hires Kingsbury as OC. Cardinals trade Dak for Murray straight up. Don’t laugh. Jerry needs to win before he dies soon. He will try any crazy thing to do it. 

• Haha 1

After taking some time to think about it.

Defense was fantastic, especially considering injuries, but just ran out of gas at the end. Dan Quinn is that dude.

Micah Parsons is like the Luka of the Cowboys— if we don’t show him we will support his generational talent he will get sour and leave eventually. And he will be justified.

Diggs giveth (2021) and he taketh away (2022). The regressing to the mean hurt because his INT there and breaking up that Kittle pass and we likely win even with a Dak stinker.

Dak is as everyone on here except Koopa can see— an average QB paid like he’s elite. Average QBs can win it all though— we saw that with Matt Stafford (and previously with Brad Johnson and Nick Foles and the list goes on), but not with Dak as he doesn’t limit mistakes.

Holding Deebo and Aiyuk in check most of the game and CMC is good. CMC got going at the end a little bit once the D was gassed and having the 3rd RB give them life with fresh legs was killer.

Punting late in the 4th was dumb. Especially when Dak was dumb and almost got a safety. There was no easy answer but I think you had to go for it on 4th and 10.

Purdy outplayed Dak. Purdy is pretty dang good. I thought he’d choke and crack but the guy seems to have the mental game down. 

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I know that Dak was bad and that a lot of the finger pointing will be deservedly aimed at him, but the niners gouged them on the ground in the second half. They bled the clock and Dallas couldn't get off the field. They completely brutalized them. 

That drive hurt but putting much blame on the defense, outside of Diggs for being soft, is pretty off IMO. Even including that drive, the defense gave up 3.5 yards per carry to a very good running team. Bottom line in this game is their QB outplayed our QB. That's it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Here’s a scenario. Quinn is named head coach. Moore wins the head coaching job at the Cardinals. Jerry hires Kingsbury as OC. Cardinals trade Dak for Murray straight up. Don’t laugh. Jerry needs to win before he dies soon. He will try any crazy thing to do it. 

The last thing this team needs is that stupid midget from Arizona.  He's overrated as hell.  I'd rather run it back with Dak than have that POS on the team.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fractures are often easier to recover from than freakin' high ankle sprains that linger on and on and on...  

Jerry will use that fracture to keep Zeke.

They will low ball pollard and lose him. Will a team pay him $10 mil to be a part time back? He doesn’t like being a 30 carry workhorse. He is low mileage though. We are over spent on RBs. Let them both go. They are dime a dozen.

This team has a patchy OL the frankly did better than I thought Joe Philbin capable of. Besides Martin it’s a mess. Is Tyron Smith going to be ok or not? 73 shows lots of promise and is mean as fuck. Need a center and a couple more.

Why can’t our WRs get open? Is it the players, or simple routes from Moore that enable LBs to cover CeeDee? Need another stud; Gallup we are stuck with.

Maher has to go. That miss meant something to game strategy the rest of the game. Keeping him was stupid.

Defense. The new DC must protect Parsons and get him back to LB and off the line. Put Diggs in the slot and get two studs and we need a bad ass. Diggs is on a rookie deal. Tell him he needs to go to tackling school or he’ll go somewhere else. He ain’t that good these days.

Change is come if to the D. But 23 can’t be another chapter of the Kellen moore show. Please feel the his ass. We’ve seen his best and it ain’t good enough. Jerry forced McCarthy to keep him as he thought he had his own version of a hotshot new version OC. Instead he drove up to the Ferrari convention with a Karmann-Ghia.

I wouldn’t be that upset if I was a Cowboy’s fan. The game was closer than most actually expected. They didn’t for once go 8-8 with a top ten talent wise team like they have a lot recently.  Just need to cut Zeke and his contract, get some WR’s, few other parts and the team is in really good shape.  They are far from a rebuild team. It’s kinda like the Aggies of the nfl but they are actually close to winning now and not just talking about it. 

They’re a legit top 6-8 team in the NFL. It’s just that the gap between them and the top 4-5 that are true title contenders is not easily bridged given their roster/cap situation.

53 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I know that Dak was bad and that a lot of the finger pointing will be deservedly aimed at him, but the niners gouged them on the ground in the second half. They bled the clock and Dallas couldn't get off the field. They completely brutalized them. 

They didn’t get gouged or brutalized. The defense did their job outside of Diggs dropping a sure fire INT that turned into 7 and a circus catch by Kittle extending a drive. This is 100% on the offense.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Dallas and Buffalo are the same teams in parallel universes. Their boards are full of vitriol for the coaches, Josh Allen, and their Diggs. I’m sure they will be beating on Hamlin too blaming his disruption.

No, they’re not. Buffalo’s D has been decimated by injury and they have no ground game outside of Allen. I’ll take Allen/Diggs over Dak/CeeDee 100 times out of 100.

So many dumb takes in this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Quinn has done a good job with the Cowboys defense...

Defense played fine but if told me the Cowboys defense got zero turnovers against Purdy and 49ers offense I would guess they lose that game 9 out of 10 times.

Thought Purdy would need multiple turnovers for the Cowboys to beat a really good 49ers team on the road.

49ers 15-0 when they don't have multiple turnovers.

9 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

I was listening to some of the post-game chatter, and a fair amount of it was how sick the Cowboys should be for squandering "their chance."

I realize fucking Jerry contributes to this by pretending every year is the Cowboy's year, like it's some kind of birth right, but why does everyone else have to play along? It's been 27 years since the Cowboys won a second-round playoff game. Now, I realize Jerry and company have finally assembled a team with decent talent, but based on the record, all that entitles them to is recognition as a potential playoff team next year. They don't belong in any discussion of the NFL elite and won't until they start consistently producing meaningful playoff wins.

But on the plus side, it was amusing to see that last play on multiple replays, with Zeke getting absolutely annihilated as Center.

It was a great defense. Offense just didn’t show up in the biggest game of the year. To have 2 ints and still be in it at half? All defense. It was a wasted shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

We do need new RBs and at least one Big WR. The play that makes me sick is Tampa 2 formation and Dak locks in on Lamb (he knows the damn play he knows who is open and their routes) and he doesn’t look at all to see TY Hilton wide fucking open. That’s a TD. Damn. It’s this shit I am tired of with Dak. The mistakes. A 7 game starter played a mistake free game. Neither QB looked particularly good but I EXPECT more from the 7 year veteran than a 7 start rookie. Yes there were other reasons we lost but Dak was a very big reason. He shouldn’t make these mistakes over and over in the biggest spots and he keeps doing it. 
who knows what JJ will do…probably trade or fire someone who had little to do with why we lost

I like Dak as a person and concede that he plays like a top 10/15 QB most of the time. But we needed him to just not make mistakes and on two or three throws (where he had time to throw because neither QB had a lot of that) was to connect with the WR. Yes we have drops and Shultz made two boneheaded mistakes. We just needed Dak to make throws he should be comfortable making 7 years into it.

Edited by Nicole44
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Nope. Romo would win big games with this team. Dak is the black Danny white.

Lulz. Romo and Dak have identical playoff records, 2-4. For that matter, their regular season winning percentage is about the same: Dak - 62.8%, Romo - 61.4%. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

His contract is untradeable. Full stop. Your option is to keep him or cut him and absorb the cap hit.

1 hour ago, HamsterHookah said:

After taking some time to think about it.

Defense was fantastic, especially considering injuries, but just ran out of gas at the end. Dan Quinn is that dude.

Micah Parsons is like the Luka of the Cowboys— if we don’t show him we will support his generational talent he will get sour and leave eventually. And he will be justified.

Diggs giveth (2021) and he taketh away (2022). The regressing to the mean hurt because his INT there and breaking up that Kittle pass and we likely win even with a Dak stinker.

Dak is as everyone on here except Koopa can see— an average QB paid like he’s elite. Average QBs can win it all though— we saw that with Matt Stafford (and previously with Brad Johnson and Nick Foles and the list goes on), but not with Dak as he doesn’t limit mistakes.

Holding Deebo and Aiyuk in check most of the game and CMC is good. CMC got going at the end a little bit once the D was gassed and having the 3rd RB give them life with fresh legs was killer.

Punting late in the 4th was dumb. Especially when Dak was dumb and almost got a safety. There was no easy answer but I think you had to go for it on 4th and 10.

Purdy outplayed Dak. Purdy is pretty dang good. I thought he’d choke and crack but the guy seems to have the mental game down. 

Average QB's can win it all -- but not when they command $40M+ a year in salary. They've got to be on team-friendly deals. (And "average" Matt Stafford is likely heading to the HOF.)

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

His contract is untradeable. Full stop. Your option is to keep him or cut him and absorb the cap hit.

Average QB's can win it all -- but not when they command $40M+ a year in salary. They've got to be on team-friendly deals. (And "average" Matt Stafford is likely heading to the HOF.)

He's going to the HOF because he got a ring and we put an outsize emphasis on that KPI-- and this ring was because they mortgaged 10 years for the 1 year (not saying that's wrong, but look at the team and financial health a year after winning it all and going 4-14 or whatever). 

• Like 1