Cowboys @ Niners: NFC Divisional Round

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That's irrelevent. They were playinig one of the best defenses in the league. Pollard going out and changing how the game is called offensively is the big deal here. They only had Lamb after that.

Yes, their inability to score even with Pollard is irrelevant and not a big deal. No wonder we don’t agree. 

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That's irrelevent. They were playinig one of the best defenses in the league. Pollard going out and changing how the game is called offensively is the big deal here. They only had Lamb after that.

Too late to edit the other one. To be clear, losing Pollard was the kill shot and much more impactful than whether a hypothetically 100% ready-to-play receiver had been available. 

Dallas has much better chance of winning with Pollard. Idiotic mistakes were more the downfall than anything else, but losing Pollard was right behind that. 

8 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Yes, their inability to score even with Pollard is irrelevant and not a big deal. No wonder we don’t agree. 

Going to more passing when he went out is not the ideal circumstance you want as a playcaller. They had 37 pass attempts and only 22 rushing attempts. In the post season Pollard was averaging 4.7 YPC while Zeke only averaged 2.3 YPC. So yeah losing that kind of runner in a game like this greatly affects what you want to do offensively and forced them to go to more passing isntead of balance that has made them so succesful all year. 

The fucking score was 19-12 and you're acting like they got blown out 32-12 because of Dak. 

They attempted to throw the ball 20+ times in the second half to 6 rushing attemps. Dak carried the ball a few times as well as a designed run to Ceedee so 20+ pass attempts to 8-9 rushes is not a recipe for this teams success. 

Losing your leading rusher and 1 of 2 playmakers had a huge impact in what they want to do offensively. They went from having two playmakers in Lamb and Pollard to just Lamb. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Going to more passing when he went out is not the ideal circumstance you want as a playcaller. They had 37 pass attempts and only 22 rushing attempts. In the post season Pollard was averaging 4.7 YPC while Zeke only averaged 2.3 YPC. So yeah losing that kind of runner in a game like this greatly affects what you want to do offensively and forced them to go to more passing isntead of balance that has made them so succesful all year. 

The fucking score was 19-12 and you're acting like they got blown out 32-12 because of Dak. 

They attempted to throw the ball 20+ times in the second half to 6 rushing attemps. Dak carried the ball a few times as well as a designed run to Ceedee so 20+ pass attempts to 8-9 rushes is not a recipe for this teams success. 

Losing your leading rusher and 1 of 2 playmakers had a huge impact in what they want to do offensively. They went from having two playmakers in Lamb and Pollard to just Lamb. 

You’re going off on a tangent. Losing Pollard was crippling. Not having OBJ — the subject of the question — wasn’t. 

I’m not acting like they got blown out. The game was there to win. They failed. Largely because of QB play. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

You’re going off on a tangent. Losing Pollard was crippling. Not having OBJ — the subject of the question — wasn’t. 

I’m not acting like they got blown out. The game was there to win. They failed. Largely because of QB play. 

If you don't think having a healthy OBJ would affect this game along with Lamb you're stupid.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Robb Parker calls him Stat Padford.  

Back on topic, I’d try to keep Pollard but would definitely not break the bank.  Also Gallup was a great 3 but maybe not a good 2.  I think cossell said he didn’t think Lamb was a great 1.  

Matt Stafford is 100x the QB Dak is. He's a tough motherfucker too. When we played the Rams i swear we gave him like 5 concussions in that one game. I never wanna hear him compared to Dak again. He'd have to win another super bowl to make my hall of fame though.

17 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Romo didn't have near the team around him Dak has had.  Romo spent most of his career with a shitty OL and no playoff-worthy running game.  He was the offense.

Romo had teams good enough in 2008 (choked against the Giants) and 2014 (lost to Packers in the Dez catch game).

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

more than a chance to win

should have won

jerry will continue to maintain dak is a franchise qb

but it doesn't matter because the local dallas media will continue to parrot the party line

dak is not even danny white, loser of 3 NFC Championship games in a row

roger lost 2 in a row between super bowl VI and X

dak can't even get to the NFC title game

Local media is trashing Dak. Are you even local?

15 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I wouldn’t be that upset if I was a Cowboy’s fan. The game was closer than most actually expected. They didn’t for once go 8-8 with a top ten talent wise team like they have a lot recently.  Just need to cut Zeke and his contract, get some WR’s, few other parts and the team is in really good shape.  They are far from a rebuild team. It’s kinda like the Aggies of the nfl but they are actually close to winning now and not just talking about it. 

They were 4 point dogs. Most people including Vegas expected a close game. Not many expected the worst QB performance ever and only a 7-point loss. Cowboys would have won if not for Dak. With Purdy. With Rush. Dak is a problem. Your post is retarded. 

Edited by Porterhouse

5 hours ago, Blotto said:

Lulz. Romo and Dak have identical playoff records, 2-4. For that matter, their regular season winning percentage is about the same: Dak - 62.8%, Romo - 61.4%. 

Dak isn’t as good as Romo and neither was as good as White. Also, Dak isn’t as good as Cousins or Stafford. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

They were 4 point dogs. Most people including Vegas expected a close game. Not many expected the worst QB performance ever and only a 7-point loss. Cowboys would have won if not for Dak. With Purdy. With Rush. Dak is a problem. Your post is retarded. 

He was terrible, but worst performance ever is retarded.  7 point loss is still a close game.  Post is still retarded.  Cooper Rush ain't winning that game.  Your post is functionally braindead.  

Will be interesting to see what Jerry does with Dak. It’s easy to pump up your guy and sell the hope for another season for a few years when you can point to a few things as the reason why it didn’t work this year. In the Romo years it was “fix the defense” and “get Romo more weapons, be Romo friendly” etc. Always a dream to sell. Romo would sometimes do stupid shit, but he was really accurate and made off schedule plays out of his ass.

Now- everybody knows the truth about Dak. I didn’t think this would happen, didn’t expect it, but the media, the fan base, everyone knows and acknowledges that Dak is the problem. The most expensive guy on your roster is the 1 player that is holding you back. He’s getting blasted on the Ticket, ESPN, Fox, DMN, (surly), his own team, everywhere.

Will be interesting to see how Jerry and Dak handle his new “he’s a bum and can’t play” status. Cowboys may have the worst QB situation in the NFL- and you’re like, “what, no way!”. But name another team that has a QB going into his 8th season that you are certain is a bum and can’t play and is on the beginning years of a big contract? The team is good enough to beat all the teams rebuilding around them. It will be a slow slide back to the middle of the pack and below. 

Anyway, I did some drinking at lunch today. On a Monday. We should draft a qb the next couple years with 2/3 rd picks. Fuck this. 

11 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

I agree with everyone; Dak sucks.

Okay.

But why are we so convinced the story is over? Can't people get better? Can't Dak put in more work to study the offense and the reads and defenses? Can't he work out and get in better shape for his athleticism? Can't he do drills and work tirelessly on his accuracy? 

8 years in the league and 4 years with the same OC. He is who he is at this point. The Kylar Murray contract might be worse, but that's the only one that comes close, IMO. 

39 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He was terrible, but worst performance ever is retarded.  7 point loss is still a close game.  Post is still retarded.  Cooper Rush ain't winning that game.  Your post is functionally braindead.  

Rush isn’t losing that game in the manner Dak lost it.  And I’m dead serious. SF did not play well last night. Dak literally gave the game to them. It was absolutely the worst performance I’ve ever seen by a Cowboys QB. 

25 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

I agree with everyone; Dak sucks.

Okay.

But why are we so convinced the story is over? Can't people get better? Can't Dak put in more work to study the offense and the reads and defenses? Can't he work out and get in better shape for his athleticism? Can't he do drills and work tirelessly on his accuracy? 

Can you do enough drills to to dunk a basketball? Because my 5’10” white ass can’t. 

Hes as limited at playing QB in the NFL as I am dunking. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit

33 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

dak’s best year was his rookie year.  he has gotten progressively worse since then.  this was his worst year.  he’s a stupid dipshit and a fucking spare. 

22 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Can you do enough drills to to dunk a basketball? Because my 5’10” white ass can’t. 

Hes as limited at playing QB in the NFL as I am dunking. 

To be fair, he's a perfectly adequate, sometimes even good, regular season QB. But he doesn't elevate his game come playoff time, apparently because of certain limits in his ability. And I'd have to agree that, at this point, it's unlikely coaching or more reps can overcome that.   

Edited by Tired Horn
typo.

4 hours ago, Hate said:

Who in the hell thinks Romo was a great QB?? He was good, but sucked in the playoffs when it mattered.

romo and dak are the same thing

flashes of greatness against mediocre opposition

finds any way possible to lose in the playoffs

never a whiff of a nfc title game

not even in the same category of danny white or craig morton who at least won a nfc title and made a superbowl

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Dak has had better defenses but worse offenses. Romo had great offensive lines, Dez, Witten in his prime, etc. 

Once Pollard went down all this team had was Lamb. Gallup was a bad contract and no one behind him did anything. The problem with Dak is he needs elite level guys around him like he had in 2016 when he played well in that divisional game and they put up 30 pts. But to do that you aren't putting the resources in the defense and the defense will get worse. 

This is why I think paying a QB so much is insanity unless he's prime level Peyton Manning or Brady where he takes guys that are nobodies and makes them playoff performers. Dak can't do that. He isn't making an Edelman an all pro and a Chris Hogan a big time playoff performer. 

That wouldn't have anything to do with Romo probably being a much better QB than Dak -- or would it?

A buddy of mine pointed out that Dak has NEVER posted back-to-back turnover-free games in his career. (Buddy is an Eagles fan and I haven't fact-checked him yet but if that stat is true, it's pretty amazing.)

EDIT: OK, this is bullshit. He's got multiple points in his career where he's gone at least two games in a row with zero turnovers. His best streak is four in the first four starts of his career in 2016 and then the last three of 2016 and the opener of 2017. In fact, there are eight separate streaks of at least two games without a turnover.)

Edited by C-Man

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

A buddy of mine pointed out that Dak has NEVER posted back-to-back turnover-free games in his career. (Buddy is an Eagles fan and I haven't fact-checked him yet but if that stat is true, it's pretty amazing.)

Yeah that isn't remotely true. Fact check your stupid Eagles-fan friends. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

iirc Dallas was driving and in the RZ when Pollard was injured. Dak threw INT the very next play.  Game was 6-6 at the time IIRC>

yeah, important to note that we went for it on 4th and 4 because we didn't trust our kicker (would've been a 52 yard fg).  ended up getting it (yea!) and then getting pollard injured (boo!) and then a pick (fucking game fucking over Dak you fucking asshole).