Cowboys @ Niners: NFC Divisional Round

Vic Mackey

5 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I'm actually okay with the decision to pay Dak simply based on how poorly the NFL and Jerry Jones is in particular at drafting QBs.  Yes, Dak is basically Kirk Cousins at this point, but I have zero confidence in the Jones clan identifying, drafting, and coaching up another qb to league average level in the next 5-10 years, if not longer.

Someone pulled their numbers. Same guy and I’m not sure that Kirk has actually played with more talent

5 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I actually think McCarthy got about as much as can be gotten out of the Cowboys.

As a neutral, I'd have to agree.

This just isn't a championship roster.  It's not even a top 4 roster, to be honest.  They're somewhere between 5 and 8 in the NFL, and that equals divisional round and out more often than not.  This feels like a par to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

As a neutral, I'd have to agree.

This just isn't a championship roster.  It's not even a top 4 roster, to be honest.  They're somewhere between 5 and 8 in the NFL, and that equals divisional round and out more often than not.  This feels like a par to me.

Exactly, they're old on the OL and in key positions. 

1 minute ago, Horn Draoi said:

I’m thinking this team has reached their pinnacle with this QB, this OC, and this wildly overpaid RB.  Dad, Dak, Dak………

If that's the case, I'll enjoy the next few years before it all goes to shit and we trot out the new versions of Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, and the corpses of Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe over the course of 5-7 years.

36 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I don’t give a shit about Simms, or his hurt feelings, or Shanahan, though I’d kill to have him coach the Boys. I’m certainly not rooting for a Niners SB, ever. I’ll take Philly all day there. Give me either team out of the AFC to upset those morons. 

A perfectly reasonable take for a Cowboys fan. This is a classic meteor game.

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Don’t care if someone else said this. The Defense did their job and held SF under 20. Dak and the offense sucked. 

It can’t be said enough. Unfortunately, neither QB was asked to do a whole lot here. I expected more from Dak than I did a rookie who was the last pick in the draft and has only been in 7 starts. Kyle S told Purdy whatever he did to protect that ball. It’s football 101. Defense played well enough for us to win. What we couldn’t do was turn the ball over. Cannot do. A QB with 7 years in the League shouldn’t be making those mistakes in a tight defensive game. I expected that would happen with Purdy who has no real expectation of being the “guy” in SF. But he didn’t throw two picks. That’s a huge difference for me. Jerruh and true Boys are in cap hell because Jerruh is a damn asshole. Fuck Jerruh.

I can now without reservation root unabashedly for the Bengals. They will kick KC’s ass in KC. Sorry my shirt’s luck wore off. I figured we’d get stomped next week. I just wanted to get by SF. Losing Pollard sucks. Our kicker finally was able to get rid of some issues. The difference in a close defensive game was turnovers. We needed to win that battle and we did not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I hadn’t really looked at the stats but when Zeke wasn’t being thrown around or trucked he had 26 yds on 10 attempts. How can he be so broken…like Frank Gore was basically 40 and had better stats…I do not understand. We’ll lose Quinn because he is interviewing…this sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I don’t know how those of y’all that double dip do it. Watching Texas the past decade-plus has been enough of a kick in the nuts. I can’t imagine waking up the next day and doing it over again with the cowboys.

Well, the alternative is the Texans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I hadn’t really looked at the stats but when Zeke wasn’t being thrown around or trucked he had 26 yds on 10 attempts. How can he be so broken…like Frank Gore was basically 40 and had better stats…I do not understand. We’ll lose Quinn because he is interviewing…this sucks. 

Frank Gore is the outlier.  Zeke is a fairly typical example of how broken an NFL running back gets well before age 30.  He's just out of gas.