Atlanta Protests (some violence)

Incredulity

You get points for showing up even if you're remarkably obtuse. I suppose you feel the same way about me as I won't accept your strident certainty that leftists are always the problem even when the police execute one and hide the evidence. Oh, and likely create some as well.
You're wrong about me. I tried to set you up with a simple way to condemn this case of police murder. You could only bring yourself to say that it's "horrible somebody got killed." This is no time for generic boilerplate. The republic is in danger from folks who support the guy who incited an insurrection.

If a boot is licked on the internet and nobody sees it, does it get wet?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/13/cop-city-activists-arrests-georgia-law

The latest arrests are “stunning and feel like overreach”, said Ken Paulson, director of the Free Speech Center at Middle Tennessee State University. They come under a law making it a felony to intimidate a law enforcement officer, and are in response to a printed flyer.

“It raises serious first amendment concerns,” the ACLU of Georgia wrote in an email. “It is also part of a broader pattern of the state of Georgia weaponizing the criminal code to unconditionally protect law enforcement and to silence speech critical of the government.”

Caroline Hart Tennenbaum and Abeeku Osei Vassall, of Atlanta, and Julia Dupuis, of Fullerton, California, were arrested 28 April, after leaving a flyer on mailboxes in Cartersville, a Georgia town about 45 miles north-west of Atlanta.

The flyer, exclusively obtained by the Guardian, called a policeman who lived in the neighborhood a “murderer” for participating in the 18 January shooting and killing of activist Manuel Paez Terán.

Local police initially charged the three with stalking, a misdemeanor, according to the county sheriff’s report. The activists heard officers debating whether to arrest them, with one asking another, “Isn’t this freedom of speech?” according to Lyra Foster, an attorney defending the arrestees. But the sheriff’s department was soon “advised that GBI [Georgia bureau of investigation] and FBI agents would be en route to interview the suspects”, according to the report.

The arrestees declined to be interviewed without a lawyer. Felony charges were added at some point.

On 4/21/2023 at 7:52 PM, Incredulity said:

Fuck all of you leftists hyenas.

what a complete pack of self-important dipshits.

The cops are arresting people and charging them with terrorism and intimidating a LEO for publishing a printed flyer calling the cops murderers.