I’m Keysphonewallet

KeysPhoneWallet

16 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Lol... I'm pretty sure Hurts would get the start over Minshew in the CCG. 

And I don't think you want to argue the merits of Dak

I mean - Cooper Rush played the first game against Philly. And Dak had his 2nd best game of the season against them.

Dak also wasn't good enough to get DAL to a rubber match so it doesn't really matter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I didnt allow myself to believe this year. It was still disappointing to lose but i really never bought in. And i will continue this until they make an NFC championship game. Which i dont think will happen with Dak unless they get a really easy road like the Eagles had this year.

Its fun watching Parsons. This was a fun defense to watch with DQ. Wish he'd stay but i know he's gone now.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

Every year that ends on a loss is a disaster! Even if we make the quarter finals and lose to a better team on the road. An indictment on Jerry Jones! We are entitled to be better than a top 8 team because we won some Superbowls thirty years ago.

I hereby announce I am quitting watching. I am definitely done and won't be back next year.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I didnt allow myself to believe this year. It was still disappointing to lose but i really never bought in. And i will continue this until they make an NFC championship game. Which i dont think will happen with Dak unless they get a really easy road like the Eagles had this year.

I'm not sure what that even means...they're in the same division so they only have 3 games that aren't common opponents. 

29 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I'm not sure what that even means...they're in the same division so they only have 3 games that aren't common opponents. 

They got a bye and only had to beat a 9-win Daniel Jones-led Giants team to make it to the conference title game.

Edited by Pam Cummings

13 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

And I root for both the cowboys and longhorns and it fucking sucks. I was born into this shit, especially the cowboys… and it just isn’t good enough

I'm getting older, and some days that sucks. But then I remember I was old enough to attend the VY national championship game and suddenly I feel better about pushing 50. If you're younger, console yourself with this. It sure feels like those days may be on the horizon again, given the recent spate of recruiting, and the perception change that has come along with Arch Manning's commitment and arrival on campus. 

I do enjoy reading up on Cowboys fans whining.

I grew up an Oilers fan and was born into it. As a kid, I had to listen to relatives and local traitors talk up the Cowboys in the 80's even when they sucked. The Oilers, who were terrible in the early-mid 80's, played the Cowboys one season and the Cowboys, also terrible that year, amassed like 12 sacks in a game. I was a kid. I watched my father literally pull on his own hair while watching it. I lived through the Bills debacle and then the embarrassment of the Lanier/Adams nonsense that led to their city exit. Then the Texans were formed, then they treated Longhorns entering the NFL as pariahs to stay away from, and proceeded to be the worst performing franchise in NFL history, to our entire city's constant embarrassment. 

So, yeah, thanks for the Cowboys tears. It's always nice to witness. Also, Dak Prescott isn't Kirk Cousins. He's half-black Tony Romo. Good enough to get you into the playoffs, and bad enough to help almost immediately get you out of them. I'm not sure what he thinks of Subway though.

As a mostly disinterested spectator of the NFL who hates both Texas NFL teams, it's been a fun 27 years. As a Longhorn fan, I'll always have the memory of being in the Rose Bowl on 1/4/2006 and nothing can take that from me. The other posters on this thread thinking we'll be back to that soon are huffing on some intoxicating Seven Loss Steve farts, but there is enough talent build-up going on to believe that, if it continues, even a fucking mouthbreather will have a hard time keeping Texas out of the 12 team CFP, at least.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I didnt allow myself to believe this year. It was still disappointing to lose but i really never bought in. And i will continue this until they make an NFC championship game.

This. I no longer spend my life believing in things that are just going to make me depressed and angry. Life's too short and lowered expectations really takes the edge off the disappointment. There was a point in life where the Cowboys had made the NFC Championship game more than half the years I'd been alive. And they've never been back since. Seems almost impossible to believe.

Forget it , @KeysPhoneWallet. It's Jerrahtown.

I walked away from the Cowboys after Jerry bought the team and have never looked back. 

Apathy is slowly driving me away from the Longhorns.

This. Although I could get behind the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys. Since then, pretty much zero.

Same with the longhorns. Wake me up when someone in organizational leadership does something smart.

4 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Well...The regular season is how you earn the bye and the best slot in the bracket so it's kind of important 

The Chiefs played the best in their conference and earned a bye, and had to play a scrappy, on-the-rise Jaguars team with a good HC and one of the best young QBs in the game. Can we please just acknowledge that the Eagles had an easy draw this year? Not taking anything away from them. But it worked out perfect is all i'm saying.

Edited by Pam Cummings

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Chiefs played the best in their conference and had to play a scrappy, on-the-rise Jaguars team with a good HC and one of the best young QBs in the game. Can we please just acknowledge that the Eagles had an east draw this year? Not taking anything away from them. But it worked out perfect is all i'm saying.

And the Chiefs also got a bye and got the team that wouldn't have made the playoffs in any other division in football besides the nfc south. The Eagles won the toughest division in the league by 2 games. They still have to beat the 49ers to get to the super bowl. 

56 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

And the Chiefs also got a bye and got the team that wouldn't have made the playoffs in any other division in football besides the nfc south. The Eagles won the toughest division in the league by 2 games. They still have to beat the 49ers to get to the super bowl. 

Dude wtf are you on about? My original comment was that the Eagles had a really easy road to the conference title game. Obviously i was talking about their road in the playoffs. You for some reason brought the regular season up. Obviously everyone plays the same number of regular season games and has mostly the same opponents. You're being obtuse. No fucking shit they have to play the 49ers, but that's once they were already IN the conference title game.

Edited by Pam Cummings

22 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Dude wtf are you on about? My original comment was that the Eagles had a really easy road to the conference title game. Obviously i was talking about their road in the playoffs. You for some reason brought the regular season up. Obviously everyone plays the same number of regular season games and has mostly the same opponents. You're being obtuse. No fucking shit they have to play the 49ers, but that's once they were already IN the conference title game.

The reason I brought up the regular season is that's how you get the "easy" draw...you didn't seem to grasp that. Sorry to mansplain

I don't know how you guys do Longhorn football on Saturdays and Cowboys football on Sundays for 3 months in a row.  I guess maybe when we were winning a ton at UT, I could have been convinced to wake up to bloody marys, revel in the win, and kinda halfass watch more football in the form of Cowboys noon games. 

But with both programs having been a fucking beating for so long, to spend all day revolving around a UT game, then peel myself up outta bed and pretend to give a shit about the Cowboys?  I don't have it in me.  I guess that's why they invented alcohol and skipping church.   

I still have friends my age that can do 4 hours of pregame with me, then the game, then they go out while I crash at home.  Then they get up and watch meaningless games for their Fantasy League plus the Cowboys game, plus the late NBC game, plus Monday Night Football. 

no judgement but I ask, "How the fuck do you still do this with three kids?"

"Dude, lots of Red Bull plus I only have two kids."

"No, you have three.  I'm godfather to your youngest."

"Ah shit, I forgot about the little one.  Also, I need you to hold something for me until Friday."

Thanks for using the right order.  My Navy father taught me 'Shower, Shit, & Shave'  I got into my teens with a thick beard and constipation and thought, "Whose sick idea was this?"  You get that order wrong, may as well go to bed and start your day over again.  Whenever possible, shit, shower up, and then shave after the humidity from both your hot shit and steamy shower loosen the whiskers.  Wait, whut?  

I guess DrinkHornsCowboys is the right weekend order as well.  

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The reason I brought up the regular season is that's how you get the "easy" draw...you didn't seem to grasp that. Sorry to mansplain

Right, and again, that does not guarantee an easy home game matchup against arguably the shittiest team to make the playoffs. We've seen plenty of one seeded teams get taken down by hot wild card teams with veteran QBs that eventually end up winning it all.

Edited by Pam Cummings

Grew up in Houston and a Luv You Blue, die hard, Earl Campbell/Oilers fan. Much sad. Also, an Atros fan since I was 7, and althogh not a huge NBA fan, I came to enjoy Hakeem and that crew. I went to UT and was at the Cotton Bowl when a muffed punt cost us a MNC.

By staying loyal to the teams I identify with, I saw the Stros go to the WS and get swept. But then, since the Altuve times, I have been richly rewarded. I saw the Rockets at their peak win it all twice. I have seen my Longhorn football team win a MNC. Longhorn baseball is the Cadilac of college baseball. 

My point is it all goes in cycles and you take the good with the bad, or you end up with a closet full of different t-shirts. The Cowboys are close. Longhorn football is getting close. Relax. Have a beer. If you're under 40, you will likely live to see your teams at the top. I'm pushing 60 and I want to live long enough to see Longhorn football at the the top again. Anything else is gravy.

• Hook 'Em 1