Frisco, we have a Johns problem

TexPx

As the resident expert on whoring, the only people who get busted for this are morons.  If someone is discussing specific sex acts for various amounts of money, they're LE.  No legit pro does that.  Also, if they're saying they can meet you immediately in a hotel room, it's 95% they're law enforcement and 100% they're lower end.

That'll be $9.99.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

As the resident expert on whoring, the only people who get busted for this are morons.  If someone is discussing specific sex acts for various amounts of money, they're LE.  No legit pro does that.  Also, if they're saying they can meet you immediately in a hotel room, it's 95% they're law enforcement and 100% they're lower end.

That'll be $9.99.

So basically high school football coaches and youth ministers?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

SeX tRaFfiCkinG!!11! is the new LEO talking point for reasons that are not clear to me.
I don't mean to minimize the horrors of sex and human trafficking, which I think are definitely real and a problem possibly best addressed outside the US.**
But for now, every nickle and dime hooker-bust is a sex trafficking sting.
**My suspicion is that by emphasizing it here, domestically, we are perhaps able to exert greater pressure on other countries for more robust laws and enforcement.

Blatant publicity stunt. Pisses me off because there are plenty of actual trafficking operations in D/FW.

Friend once had a business in NW Highway area and a place called Asian Tan went in next door. Girls would run an extension cord out the back door in the alley and cook dinner on an electric wok.

Cops wouldn’t do shit. Even told him not to complain too loud because “Asian Mafia”

“The operation coincided with the Department of Homeland Security’s Blue Campaign to highlight Human Trafficking Prevention Month, which is January.”

“The victims of these heinous crimes are treated like commodities, used to make as much money as possible, as quickly as possible,” Tarrant County Sheriff Bill Waybourn said in a prepared statement. “Those who traffic victims are the scourge of the earth, and we will continue to target those responsible for the trafficking and those who solicit sex from them.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2023/01/23/youth-pastor-high-school-teacher-among-those-arrested-in-sex-trafficking-bust/

felony is a huge life destroying event though.  Job, marriage, divorce, might as well leave the country. 
Eaay there Spartacus. You would be amazed at the number of felons around you on a given day. Hell lots of them never even see real jail time.
That'll be $9.99.

For the real pros, don't you need references/background checks?

42 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Eaay there Spartacus. You would be amazed at the number of felons around you on a given day. Hell lots of them never even see real jail time. For the real pros, don't you need references/background checks?

Correct.  No pro is going to have you come to a hotel immediately with no background check.

1 hour ago, TexPx said:

Blatant publicity stunt. Pisses me off because there are plenty of actual trafficking operations in D/FW.

Friend once had a business in NW Highway area and a place called Asian Tan went in next door. Girls would run an extension cord out the back door in the alley and cook dinner on an electric wok.

Cops wouldn’t do shit. Even told him not to complain too loud because “Asian Mafia”

“The operation coincided with the Department of Homeland Security’s Blue Campaign to highlight Human Trafficking Prevention Month, which is January.”

“The victims of these heinous crimes are treated like commodities, used to make as much money as possible, as quickly as possible,” Tarrant County Sheriff Bill Waybourn said in a prepared statement. “Those who traffic victims are the scourge of the earth, and we will continue to target those responsible for the trafficking and those who solicit sex from them.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2023/01/23/youth-pastor-high-school-teacher-among-those-arrested-in-sex-trafficking-bust/

Cops have to show numbers to keep they free fed money flowing in 

6 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Eaay there Spartacus. You would be amazed at the number of felons around you on a given day. Hell lots of them never even see real jail time. 

Felony probation is a thing, probably for first timers. Felony charges can also be plea bargained down to misdemeanors.  Right, Surly lawyers?the probation/misdemeanor will probably apply to almost each of the 'Frisco 46'. 

I'm really surprised the cops picked on such a heavily Republican upper middle class area though, but glad they did instead of some brown/black area of the state. That's progress. 

Snitching to the employers will be a deathblow to many of the guys, which is much worse than the legal punishments. Lose job, marriage, custody of the kids, public shaming etc. . It's so much of an overkill.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

I'm really surprised the cops picked on such a heavily Republican upper middle class area though, but glad they did instead of some brown/black area of the state. That's progress. 

Saw it in another article, but one of the aspects of this raid was that the pimp-types were using a short-term rental as a brothel.  They apparently discovered another one in NW Dallas from neighbor complaints, but too late to shut it down or arrest people.  They apparently found this one by following the lessee.

So the location I think was a bit of a coincidence in that this is where the pimps leased an STR for this purpose.

SeX tRaFfiCkinG!!11! is the new LEO talking point for reasons that are not clear to me.
I don't mean to minimize the horrors of sex and human trafficking, which I think are definitely real and a problem possibly best addressed outside the US.**
But for now, every nickle and dime hooker-bust is a sex trafficking sting.
**My suspicion is that by emphasizing it here, domestically, we are perhaps able to exert greater pressure on other countries for more robust laws and enforcement.

Sex trafficking, by definition, merely means that a person compels another into sex work by force, threat, coercion, etc. the import/export/transport isn’t necessary.

I never knew that until I had to do some training when we were considering fostering kids. I only point it out because that’s why some of the numbers seem crazy high when stats are published.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Saw it in another article, but one of the aspects of this raid was that the pimp-types were using a short-term rental as a brothel.  They apparently discovered another one in NW Dallas from neighbor complaints, but too late to shut it down or arrest people.  They apparently found this one by following the lessee.
So the location I think was a bit of a coincidence in that this is where the pimps leased an STR for this purpose.

I believe the recent arrests of 23 Johns were the result of a Sept. raid at a Plano STR.

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

Sex trafficking, by definition, merely means that a person compels another into sex work by force, threat, coercion, etc. the import/export/transport isn’t necessary.

I never knew that until I had to do some training when we were considering fostering kids. I only point it out because that’s why some of the numbers seem crazy high when stats are published.

Yeah I have no doubt that that is the definition and it certainly involves a degree of exploitation, transport or not.

But I think it has a very different connotation to the general public, and I think that's exploited by DOJ, principally, for some type of political reason, kind of like they created a child pr0n moral panic a couple of decades ago, or Congress did.  Pandering or justification or something.

Sucks to be those dudes - really easy to find a bunch of them on Facebook. Two or three of them look to have some cute wives and girlfriends. Regardless of the law, they done fucked up.

One of them is a left wing for the Allen Americans hockey team.

11 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Something something, "interception," "targeting" something, "bad call."

Encroachment  :)

Yeah I feel bad for those guys that are going to lose a job and or a family over something like this. 

Edited by RMac5

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

Sucks to be those dudes - really easy to find a bunch of them on Facebook. Two or three of them look to have some cute wives and girlfriends. Regardless of the law, they done fucked up.

There was a bust a few years ago in Victoria, right around Christmas time.  A rather prominent guy who owns a VERY successful rod company (all fishermen here would recognize), who was also married into a successful petroleum company, was busted.   The comments in the paper/facebook were absolute GOLD.  I'm not sure what came of it, but talk about potentially throwing your life away for some rental strange.