The 2023 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

shadow_operative

biggest gripe i had last season was the end of year 3-1 trade between last place team and first place team.  trade deadline around ASB would be great.  not saying shennanigans were happening, but gandorf picking up eloy julio and melancon late in the season for shohei was.....not great.

julio was hurt my entire playoff run while shohei beasted, but i agree, there needs to be a hard and fast trade deadline.  it needs to be the same every year.  and that day/night should be pure, unadulterated chaos in our league.

i agree that qs should never be spoken of again.  that stat is a joke these days and not a funny one.  wins can be unpredictable in a more fun way, and high leverage "hold" relievers always have the upside of getting big outs that turn into wins.

i don't mind k/bb or k/9 though i always seem to suck at it.  we should keep it 6x6 so if nobody can come up with a better pitching stat, i say k/bb stays.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

julio was hurt my entire playoff run while shohei beasted, but i agree, there needs to be a hard and fast trade deadline.  it needs to be the same every year.  and that day/night should be pure, unadulterated chaos in our league.

i agree that qs should never be spoken of again.  that stat is a joke these days and not a funny one.  wins can be unpredictable in a more fun way, and high leverage "hold" relievers always have the upside of getting big outs that turn into wins.

i don't mind k/bb or k/9 though i always seem to suck at it.  we should keep it 6x6 so if nobody can come up with a better pitching stat, i say k/bb stays.

seconded. and i'm thinking the trade deadline should probably be some time in july.  not so early that contending teams can't make impactful moves, but not so late that teams can just add 3-4 new players just before the playoffs. maybe like july 20th or something?

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

seconded. and i'm thinking the trade deadline should probably be some time in july.  not so early that contending teams can't make impactful moves, but not so late that teams can just add 3-4 new players just before the playoffs. maybe like july 20th or something?

I would be ok with July 20th. I was going to suggest 8/1, but I have no real reason why that would have been the date.