The 2023 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

shadow_operative

48 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

What about losing avg and k/bb?

And I say this from the perspective that K/BB sucks and OPS is already measuring a talent level like avg is supposed to do. But Ops does it better.

i'd be fine with that.  also fine with just replacing k/bb with losses.

• Like 1

i like k/9 better.  hell, i'd even be ok with just using walks as a stat.  my main issue with k/bb is i just don't like the two categories being tied together when they're already account for in other categories.  but if each is just it's own individual category, i like it better - in theory at least.

i like k/9 better.  hell, i'd even be ok with just using walks as a stat.  my main issue with k/bb is i just don't like the two categories being tied together when they're already account for in other categories.  but if each is just it's own individual category, i like it better - in theory at least.

This is how I feel about avg being used when we already have a better hitter skill category being used in Ops.

KS and WHIP for pitchers. Most direct run prevention metrics IMO.
OPS and Runs for hitters. Most direct run production metrics IMO.
You could add Saves and Steals because fantasy.

(I'm ignoring any advanced metrics that ESPN might have available)

(I'm not totally serious, but it would certainly make for an interesting and new league experience)

1 minute ago, CORN said:

what would happen if we just . . . left it alone

sometimes when i want something left alone, i just kick up a fuss and throw out wild ideas that have no chance or realistic timeline to get completed, and things end up staying exactly the same.

this works for both work and home life.  highly recommend.

• Haha 1

I assume there aren't any open slots left in this league. Any idea where I can find an at least somewhat serious league to join? I'm not looking for a league full of guys writing code to run projections. One where everyone remembers to set their lineups would be fine. 
You could probably join the other league but it is roto not head to head

We got 10 people but i think we all want more. Go over to thread in gambling board if you are interested

17 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I assume there aren't any open slots left in this league. Any idea where I can find an at least somewhat serious league to join? I'm not looking for a league full of guys writing code to run projections. One where everyone remembers to set their lineups would be fine. 

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

You could probably join the other league but it is roto not head to head

We got 10 people but i think we all want more. Go over to thread in gambool if you are interested

yeah, join over there please.  we need more.