The 2023 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

shadow_operative

Less than 24 hours ladies!

Also, I just drafted on ESPN for another league and BOY was it buggy. Had to restart the webpage 5 times due to it crashing. Others experienced the same thing. This was an auction draft so it was messing with bids and nominations but regardless, be ready and set your queues in case it glitches tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

The Draft is about how it always goes for me. Some good, some bad. The biggest question for me every year is who do I give up on early that bites me in the ass later?

Mine is always "who is the best player I have that will blow his knee out in April?" 

5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Mine is always "who is the best player I have that will blow his knee out in April?" 

Mine is "what high upside player shits his pants repeatedly".  See Story, Trevor or Bryant, Kris

Granted I went back to the well on Bryant, maybe this year is different.

20 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

what were some tough decisions y'all made during the draft? for example i chose kyle tucker ahead of acuña and j rod, and i took hunter greene over george kirby. those were probably the two licks i spent the most time considering.

I was frozen on Witt vs Bo in the 2nd. Didn't think either of them would be there then i had to pick between my two favorite sons. 

20 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

what were some tough decisions y'all made during the draft? for example i chose kyle tucker ahead of acuña and j rod, and i took hunter greene over george kirby. those were probably the two licks i spent the most time considering.

I was shocked I didn’t get my auto Kyle Tucker pick. I thought for sure he’d be there. I decided to choose Acuña over Yordan, which was tough. 

7 minutes ago, Fawesome said:

I was frozen on Witt vs Bo in the 2nd. Didn't think either of them would be there then i had to pick between my two favorite sons. 

Had I known Witt would fall to me in around 2, I probably would have taken Yordan with the 5th pick. He went the next pick. 

I somewhat panicked with my Rutschman pick, but it should be a solid one. 

I did not plan on having 3 Orioles in my everyday lineup. They’re good, but I don’t love it. 

On 3/28/2023 at 10:49 PM, shadow_operative said:

I would've hands down picked Acuna over Tucker, which is why you made the right decision. 

• Haha 1

Semien in Round 3. Other options there included Seager, Jazz, Albies. I was always going to go offense heavy, and ESPN seemed to love it as far as predicted roto standings go, but this ain't a roto league or even a best ball league, so that's pretty worthless.

I also refused to reach for Astros or injured guys, so I didn't end up with any Astros other then the always injured LMJ, and I knowingly passed on Altuve and Bryce Harper right before the were taken. Might end up having some regrets there...

21 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I somewhat panicked with my Rutschman pick, but it should be a solid one. 

I did not plan on having 3 Orioles in my everyday lineup. They’re good, but I don’t love it. 

For one day, this has gone spectacularly well. 

5-5, HR, 4 RBI for Rutschman. I hope the O’s score 10 runs every game!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1