2023 Oscars Thread

Beau Vine

I love Jamie Lee! I’ve watched every Halloween with her in it. Some multiple times so I just won an Oscar. Lots of people pissed that Angela didn’t win. I totally understand bc she’s incredible and I love her also but Jamie Lee has also paid her fucking dues. Jmo. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just start the fucking thing at 5 pm eastern time. They always say how they have to fucking do this time crunch. They are the ones the show is about and produced by…start the shit earlier and stop badgering the viewer with how they have to stay on schedule to end on time. Who fucking cares? I mean I am sure that during the NFL season there are a lot of olds sitting there pissed bc 60 minutes is starting late AGAIN but no one tells the players to hurry up and fuck off or score so they can end the game on time. Geez. That “we’ve got to move this thing along” shit is OLD and annoying as fuck. Start it earlier and stop worrying about who tunes in and out of the damn thing…

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, boknowstecmo said:

That song and dance rocked. RRR rocked.

I think it’s the favorite to win and it was catchy and awesome. Reminded me of the first time I started listening to the Gypsy Kings…it rocked! I still love Hold my Hand by Lady Gaga and I know it won’t win but I loved Top Gun and the song. 

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Just start the fucking thing at 5 pm eastern time. They always say how they have to fucking do this time crunch. They are the ones the show is about and produced by…start the shit earlier and stop badgering the viewer with how they have to stay on schedule to end on time. Who fucking cares? I mean I am sure that during the NFL season there are a lot of olds sitting there pissed bc 60 minutes is starting late AGAIN but no one tells the players to hurry up and fuck off or score so they can end the game on time. Geez. That “we’ve got to move this thing along” shit is OLD and annoying as fuck. Start it earlier and stop worrying about who tunes in and out of the damn thing…

i think i agree 🤔 i mean this is THE once in a lifetime moment for the vast majority of these people. the apex of their careers and in some instances their life. make it five hours, let 'em talk, if the viewer gets bored we have lots of options. it's about them not us.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i think i agree 🤔 i mean this is THE once in a lifetime moment for the vast majority of these people. the apex of their careers and in some instances their life. make it five hours, let 'em talk, if the viewer gets bored we have lots of options. it's about them not us.

Fuck ya! This. Also academy is missing out by cutting people off in their speeches. The actors especially bc they are the biggest promoters of the movie. Can get a lot more eyeballs on it and maybe someone’s speech goes viral on Twitter or TikTok or whatever. And that gets them more publicity and instead we are watching these people stumble over their speeches in an effort to get off the stage. It sucks. 

Just now, austingirl said:

I don't think Gaga was even wearing makeup - she has come a long way from her meat dress days. Still think the Bollywood song will win, but Gaga has proven herself as a serious singer/actress the last few years.

No backup singers and she wrote and produced the song. She’s so talented. Insanely. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Saw a red carpet interview with him before, couldn’t imagine anyone being more of a dick and not wanting to be doing it. 

He was definitely pulling the “British and above it all” card.  The Vanity Fair thing was funny, though. 

21 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

In case y’all were wondering

Of course 

It’s often hilarious to me how little sense of humor Hollywood typed have when they are made fun of…shit they make movies about absolutely stereotyping everything and everyone but if you mention Ozempic or something they just shut the fuck down…lmao. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1