2023 Dallas Cowboys "We Suck Again" Off-Season Thread

LTtxfan

Let's make it simpler. How many of these qbs would put the Cowboys in the Superbowl? Whatever your guess would be, it's likely too high.

Then how many of them did the Cowboys actually have the opportunity of drafting? Would anyone have given them the opportunity to trade up and at what price, if they even were incredibly lucky enough to pick one of the few that are Superbowl quality? There are 31 other teams that would like to have that crystal ball, because they blew it, too, and most had a far better chance of getting those coveted quarterbacks. 

ttps://www.insider.com/nfl-draft-first-round-quarterbacks-busts-stars#t22-jordan-love-green-bay-packers-2020-17

WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The last 39 QBs taken in the first round of the NFL Draft

Dec 18, 2022, 7:31 AM
Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, DougO said:

Let's make it simpler. How many of these qbs would put the Cowboys in the Superbowl? Whatever your guess would be, it's likely too high.

Then how many of them did the Cowboys actually have the opportunity of drafting? Would anyone have given them the opportunity to trade up and at what price, if they even were incredibly lucky enough to pick one of the few that are Superbowl quality? There are 31 other teams that would like to have that crystal ball, because they blew it, too, and most had a far better chance of getting those coveted quarterbacks. 

ttps://www.insider.com/nfl-draft-first-round-quarterbacks-busts-stars#t22-jordan-love-green-bay-packers-2020-17

WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The last 39 QBs taken in the first round of the NFL Draft

Dec 18, 2022, 7:31 AM

I think a better line of demarcation would be top 15 pick. Generally you don't see QB's in the back half of the first round become elite. Aaron Rodgers is the exception not the rule.

2 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

I think a better line of demarcation would be top 15 pick. Generally you don't see QB's in the back half of the first round become elite. Aaron Rodgers is the exception not the rule.

You could limit it to top 5, and the success rate is still not that good. But then you still have to get a top 5 draft pick.

6 minutes ago, DougO said:

You could limit it to top 5, and the success rate is still not that good. But then you still have to get a top 5 draft pick.

My point is the Cowboys have needed to look at rebuilding differently. Instead of being scared to scar the fan base or lose forecasted revenue which would hurt the valuation of the team and the net worth of the owners, the Cowboys needed to strategically tank. That's the point, because it seems like trying to win it all with an above average team built organically is a fool's errand that has a ceiling of a good regular season and mediocre playoff run, usually one and done. This is what the data says of the Cowboys for the last 3 decades, not just my opinion today.

It seems like you have to give yourself a chip and a chair to get the top 10 draft pick to even be in the game. The alternative is to have an average/above-average QB like Dak and you have to mortgage the entire future by building via FA and having no draft capital in the future (e.g. LA Rams selling their organization's soul for the Super Bowl last year). And even then it's a razors edge of luck/officiating-- I think LA Rams won 3 playoff games (Divisional, Championship and Super Bowl) by a total of 9 points (3 points each).

I read today actually that Kellen and Nuss weren't forced upon McCarthy, but that McCarthy didn't want to fix what ain't broken with Dak. I don't know how accurate or how much of that is damage control...

This was the story when he was hired. That Dak wanted him to stay and Mike said he killed his interview. At the time he was being hailed as an upcoming offensive genius. My biggest issue at the time was Kitna didn’t get an interview to carry on as qb coach. He was the qb whisperer. Nussmeier has been awful. Good riddance on him.

1 hour ago, HamsterHookah said:

I read today actually that Kellen and Nuss weren't forced upon McCarthy, but that McCarthy didn't want to fix what ain't broken with Dak. I don't know how accurate or how much of that is damage control...

What was reported at the time he was hired and again reiterated by David Moore on the ticket this morning is Jerry told McCarthy that Moore is being retained as the OC because Dak really lobbied for him and McCarthy, wanting the job, said sure. 

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

What was reported at the time he was hired and again reiterated by David Moore on the ticket this morning is Jerry told McCarthy that Moore is being retained as the OC because Dak really lobbied for him and McCarthy, wanting the job, said sure. 

What is being reported this morning (from the Dallas Morning News, literally reported this morning) is this below. I guess revisionist history for damage control?

When the offensive coordinator’s job opened up at the end of the 2018 season, Prescott lobbied for Moore to get the job. McCarthy had never worked with Moore when he took over as the Cowboys’ head coach in January 2020. Moore wasn’t part of the same coaching tree, yet McCarthy made the decision to keep him on as offensive coordinator.

Why? Chris Petersen was Moore’s college coach. McCarthy remembered how highly Petersen thought of Moore as a player and his football mind coming out of Boise State.

McCarthy also saw how Prescott had developed from his rookie season and quickly recognized the bond the quarterback had forged with Moore. When he sat down and spoke with Moore, he was convinced it was best for the Cowboys for Moore to stay.

“I thought it was clearly the best thing for Dak, and this is what I’ve been telling Dak when we talk football,’’ McCarthy said after taking over as the Cowboys’ coach. “This is his offense. I want him to have the same offense his whole career.’’

14 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

My point is the Cowboys have needed to look at rebuilding differently. Instead of being scared to scar the fan base or lose forecasted revenue which would hurt the valuation of the team and the net worth of the owners, the Cowboys needed to strategically tank. That's the point, because it seems like trying to win it all with an above average team built organically is a fool's errand that has a ceiling of a good regular season and mediocre playoff run, usually one and done. This is what the data says of the Cowboys for the last 3 decades, not just my opinion today.

It seems like you have to give yourself a chip and a chair to get the top 10 draft pick to even be in the game. The alternative is to have an average/above-average QB like Dak and you have to mortgage the entire future by building via FA and having no draft capital in the future (e.g. LA Rams selling their organization's soul for the Super Bowl last year). And even then it's a razors edge of luck/officiating-- I think LA Rams won 3 playoff games (Divisional, Championship and Super Bowl) by a total of 9 points (3 points each).

To see why the Cowboys are perennial underachievers and why the Eagles are going to their third Super Bowl with their third completely separate coach / quarterback combo you really only have to look at one thing. The Eagles utilize every possible avenue and kick over every possible stone to add talent to their team. They felt they needed a receiver so they made the deal for AJ Brown. During the season they made deals for Robert Quinn and they added Suh off the couch. They've identified free agents that would fit with system.

The Cowboys don't put any of that work in. They've had good drafts but they don't go out and get a big free agent and they don't work all these trades. They could have made any of these deals or signings the Eagles did but the Eagles just flat out work the Joneses. That's the huge difference. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

We seem to be in agreement on the most points. As far as the second paragraph that "alternative" is absolutely the point I have been making. The elite qbs are extremely rare. It's extremely unlikely that one will drop in your lap. There are ways to win without them. So do that, instead of everybody crying about not having a Burrow or Mahomes and being stuck with only an above average qb.

Edited by DougO

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

To see why the Cowboys are perennial underachievers and why the Eagles are going to their third Super Bowl with their third completely separate coach / quarterback combo you really only have to look at one thing. The Eagles utilize every possible avenue and kick over every possible stone to add talent to their team. They felt they needed a receiver so they made the deal for AJ Brown. During the season they made deals for Robert Quinn and they added Suh off the couch. They've identified free agents that would fit with system.

The Cowboys don't put any of that work in. They've had good drafts but they don't go out and get a big free agent and they don't work all these trades. They could have made any of these deals or signings the Eagles did but the Eagles just flat out work the Joneses. That's the huge difference. 

Do you think they could work deals and do things because they have more capital to play with? I ask without having gone to spotrac or sporting news to see the eagles salary cap and money they had available last off season, but assume it goes back to what we've been saying: they have a rookie deal QB so they can flexibly add to a myriad of other positions. We have Dak on a huge contract and so our secondary was swiss cheese.

4 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

What is being reported this morning (from the Dallas Morning News, literally reported this morning) is this below. I guess revisionist history for damage control?

When the offensive coordinator’s job opened up at the end of the 2018 season, Prescott lobbied for Moore to get the job. McCarthy had never worked with Moore when he took over as the Cowboys’ head coach in January 2020. Moore wasn’t part of the same coaching tree, yet McCarthy made the decision to keep him on as offensive coordinator.

Why? Chris Petersen was Moore’s college coach. McCarthy remembered how highly Petersen thought of Moore as a player and his football mind coming out of Boise State.

McCarthy also saw how Prescott had developed from his rookie season and quickly recognized the bond the quarterback had forged with Moore. When he sat down and spoke with Moore, he was convinced it was best for the Cowboys for Moore to stay.

“I thought it was clearly the best thing for Dak, and this is what I’ve been telling Dak when we talk football,’’ McCarthy said after taking over as the Cowboys’ coach. “This is his offense. I want him to have the same offense his whole career.’’

Yeah I'd be shocked if McCarthy chose to keep the former coach's OC if he had full control of his staff. That doesn't ever happen that I can remember. I tend to believe David Moore on this one that McCarthy was told Moore is the OC during the interview process and he agreed to it because he wanted the job. Then he just spoke to be congruent with that going forward. 

4 minutes ago, DougO said:

We seem to be in agreement on the first  paragraph. As far as the second paragraph that "alternative" is absolutely the point I have been making. The elite qbs are extremely rare. It's extremely unlikely that one will drop in your lap. There are ways to win without them. So do that, instead of everybody crying about not having a Burrow or Mahomes and being stuck with only an above average qb.

Fair enough. LA Rams being 4-12 this year is a miserable experience for fans, but they have the Super Bowl season of last year to keep them warm. I think Cowboys nation would buy 5 years of being 4-12 for one Super Bowl season after 28 years, so I can get on board.

Edited by HamsterHookah

1 minute ago, HamsterHookah said:

Do you think they could work deals and do things because they have more capital to play with? I ask without having gone to spotrac or sporting news to see the eagles salary cap and money they had available last off season, but assume it goes back to what we've been saying: they have a rookie deal QB so they can flexibly add to a myriad of other positions. We have Dak on a huge contract and so our secondary was swiss cheese.

From 2016 to 2020 the Cowboys had a quarterback making less money than Hurts and they didn't do it then either. They definitely have less flexibility now but they've lowered Dak's cap hit by back loading the contract and they're going to restructure it again this year to free up cap space. 

It's pretty clear the Eagles front office and ownership just wants it more and are willing to put in the work to do whatever they can to turn it around and make it happen. The Cowboys ownership with the Joneses just doesn't put that kind of work in and they're always off messing with other stuff besides building the best team. Their focus is poor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He could do well there. I don't think he was bad here, i just think he has become too comfortable for Dak and Dak regressed as a player. Dak needs to be shocked back into progress as a QB. No reason a guy with his experience at his age should be regressing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DougO said:

I get sick of people moaning and groaning about Dak. Stop being a bunch of pussies. 

Dak is what he is. He's tied for the 8th highest paid QB in the NFL. The Cowboys are currently the 5th or 6th best team in the NFL as it shook out.

Dak will be further down the list next year and likely the ensuing years as all the young star qbs get humongous contracts. 

Dak's salary is what NFL qb salaries are. It comes with the deal.

As far as replacing him, go ahead and tell me how the fuck you're going to get a top 3 qb in the league. Every team wants one. They are pretty rare. Just wanting one doesn't make it happen. You either suck so hard that you have a top pick and then get more lucky that the quarterback you draft isn't one of the typical top drafted draft busts and disappointments. There are a lot of them. Only a few of them ever become what they were drafted to be. That's just how it is. 

The only other way to get one is to get really lucky and draft a quarterback that quite a few teams passed up, yet he turns out to be a far better NFL prospect than anyone imagined. Would you rather have Carson Wince or Jared Goff with a 1 or 2 overall pick than Dak for the 4th round pick they spent in the same fucking draft?

All you can do is keep drafting quarterbacks later in the draft, which the Cowboys and every other NFL team should be doing every other year, and hope you get incredibly lucky. 

Sports fans are some of the stupidest motherfuckers on the planet. 

It would seem signing an above average QB to a mega million dollar contract is a lot like marrying someone - hard to get rid of without a lot of grief.

1 hour ago, SurlyBDR said:

received-484375013897536.jpg

Looks like the mugshot of a kid who got too handsy with his prom date after a few swigs of 99 Bananas.

To Herbert: Good Luck with Moore. Remember, if the play call sucks and you don't audible out of it, they'll blame you, not him. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

So MM now going to call plays for Dak. There won’t be any separation for blame if this doesn’t produce results (NFC championship game at least.) I think Moore will work out great for the Chargers. They have some nice weapons. We haven’t seen Herbert’s ceiling. So having that focus on Herbert will likely help. Right now Chargers are a solid number 2 in their division. Dallas has a bunch of FAs that SD could try to target.

I get circling the wagons around Dak. I understand. His contract and it’s not that easy to hit on a QB in the draft and he’s at least top 15 QB and blah blah blah excuses. But I have a feeling after next season we will just be going in circles. Dak has a ceiling. It’s a nice one if it can be consistent. And he needs more weapons. I hope we hire someone whose sole job it is to handle clock mgmt in games if MM going to focus a lot on Dak. Because damn.

099B303F-BDBE-4466-BE37-37D11B92A11E.jpeg

E8E6607C-3FDC-4AB2-AB49-D5257FCFF53D.jpeg

• Haha 1

they are going to miss KM a ton.  Very bad move idiots. 

They should fire the idiot who gave $90 million to a washed up RB (also hideously ugly). 

They should fire the idiot who put Micah Parsons at DE.  That mistake costs you games with the misuse of an ALL WORLD talent. He's once in a lifetime, and you make him useless. 

I think what you see is you have to have about 4 years (perhaps) in a cycle to make a run with your core. Yes, paying your QB too much can be very problematic unless that QB is elite. I don’t know how many years Jerruh has left. But I assume he won’t ever admit that he needs a real GM to make real football decisions.

The Eagles are now in their second SB in 5 years. They moved off Wentz (he’s just not coachable despite flashes of talent) and reloaded. On April 29, 2019, the Eagles exercised the fifth-year option on Wentz's contract. On June 6, 2019, the Eagles signed Wentz to a four-year, $128 million contract extension with $107 million guaranteed, keeping him under contract through the 2024 season. However they drafted  Hurts in the second round in 2020 knowing it was likely they’d be moving off Wentz. By week 13, Wentz was benched and week 14 Hurts was named the starter. And they made a deal with the Colts for Wentz and he was gone. As we all know. They went with Hurts and never looked back. You’ve got like a four-five year cycle at best to repeat. And they have. Sometimes you have to move off a QB. Even if Dak is a better leader, more coachable and probably a better all around guy sometimes you you have to roll the dice and try something new. KM did a great job imo with a lack of scary weapons and a declining Zeke and an inconsistent and often injured Dak. He’ll do just fine with Herbert. 

When Dak got his deal, it was with the idea that he may be a top 5 quarterback, and you either keep him and pay him, or franchise him and piss him off probably end up losing him in a year or two if he turns out worth keeping. It's an awkward position to be in, but it's the reality of NFL salaries. Most teams would have handled Dak and his contract exactly the same way. It's just the way things are existentially slotted for the most part.

In the end it was kind of a push. We're still not sure about Dak's ceiling, but his salary is also not going to be as high comparatively as the top 10 as young stars start getting their second contract deals. So he's no longer really overpayed, he's about where he should be, a middle of the road starter with several years left, and with time to keep bringing in qb talent hoping to find the next gem, or he gets played out and the team sucks and you have a higher draft pick to take a pot shot with. 

Edited by DougO

56 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

They should fire the idiot who gave $90 million to a washed up RB (also hideously ugly). 

They should fire the idiot who put Micah Parsons at DE.  That mistake costs you games with the misuse of an ALL WORLD talent. He's once in a lifetime, and you make him useless. 

outside of fire jerry and zeke is washed, pretty much all of this is wrong or weird.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

While the Zeke deal was supremely stupid, and acquiring then getting pissy at Amari and letting him go for some magic beans, was just as bad, moore needed to go.

Dak is not a project like Zack Wilson. He has performed very well in previous seasons to the point his contract wasn’t really questioned. At the time it was around the going rate. The issue with Dak is his sudden decline. And that starts begins and ends with the OC and the QB coach. Leading the league in INTs while missing 5 games, his growing inaccuracy, his poor judgement is on the coaches. You can’t fire Dak so therefore how do you win with him? First you gotta get in his head. His mental game is fucked; is it the injuries? The big $? His womenfolk? His depression? Coaches gotta fix that. His mechanics suck all of a sudden. Coaching. Throws at the wrong helmet. Coaching.

Moore likes to draw up neato plays. Blocking schemes? Very complex. Route trees? Jr high level. He can gtfo Texas and screw up Herbert.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

While the Zeke deal was supremely stupid, and acquiring then getting pissy at Amari and letting him go for some magic beans, was just as bad, moore needed to go.

Dak is not a project like Zack Wilson. He has performed very well in previous seasons to the point his contract wasn’t really questioned. At the time it was around the going rate. The issue with Dak is his sudden decline. And that starts begins and ends with the OC and the QB coach. Leading the league in INTs while missing 5 games, his growing inaccuracy, his poor judgement is on the coaches. You can’t fire Dak so therefore how do you win with him? First you gotta get in his head. His mental game is fucked; is it the injuries? The big $? His womenfolk? His depression? Coaches gotta fix that. His mechanics suck all of a sudden. Coaching. Throws at the wrong helmet. Coaching.

Moore likes to draw up neato plays. Blocking schemes? Very complex. Route trees? Jr high level. He can gtfo Texas and screw up Herbert.

with my incredible intuition regarding human beings -- it's his woman and his medical depression.  His demeanor, body language, facial expression means he has lost focus and the 1000% intensity required to be an elite NFL QB.  Moore has been around for 4 years, with several excellent offensive performances. That doesn't fall off just like that.  The next OC , oh is that fatman? , will be an abject disaster.

and Micah needs to be a rover freelance LB which will project him into the stratosphere of All Time legends like Lawrence Taylor.  Dead serious. 

26 minutes ago, futureman said:

I was all-district you fucking loser. 

riiiight.  haha. 

22 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Apparently you don’t know your ass from your pecker 

neither do you + football. 

Summary:

1. jerroid 2. dak 3. zeke 4. dl/lb/dc coaches about Micah 5. fat man is just a yes man but also a problem -- those are the 5 Dallas problems.  Kellen Moore is the ESCAPE goat. 

13 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

riiiight.  haha. 

neither do you + football. 

Summary:

1. jerroid 2. dak 3. zeke 4. dl/lb/dc coaches about Micah 5. fat man is just a yes man but also a problem -- those are the 5 Dallas problems.  Kellen Moore is the ESCAPE goat. 

Your take about Parsons is pure idiocy.  He doesn’t need to line up every play as a DE, but he absolutely needs to about 40-60% of the time.   He’s a generational talent.  You don’t waste that on him playing LB.   

50 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Your take about Parsons is pure idiocy.  He doesn’t need to line up every play as a DE, but he absolutely needs to about 40-60% of the time.   He’s a generational talent.  You don’t waste that on him playing LB.   

you just contradicted yourself and agreed with me.  

13 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

you just contradicted yourself and agreed with me.  

I didn’t agree with you.  You said he shouldn’t be playing DE.  Not playing him at DE is a fireable offense, and a simpleton take 

Edited by Trey3216

Pass rusher is the most valuable position on defense- more valuable than "guy who covers the running back out of the backfield".

Against a team like SF, it was nice to have the depth at pass rusher to be able to slide Parsons over to chase Deebo and CMC. But Parsons is more valuable as Von Miller than as Thomas Davis

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Parsons needs to be moved all over to utilize his unique abilities and to allow him to attack the offense from different angles but you don’t know football if you think DE is a position of more physical abuse than LB. 

LB’s eat a guard or a pulling lineman or a tailback with yards of steam up his ass almost every time their opponent runs the ball. 

Do some running plays go right at a DE? Sure but then a lot of today’s game is actually predicated on not spending a ton of time blocking a DE and just putting him in conflict and making the read. 

• Like 1

Parsons will be the highest paid defensive player ever in a couple years. In 21 he played about 60% LB and 40% DE. In 22 he was about 80% DE.

I’d like to see him play as a rover moving anywhere amongst the front 7. It makes him a better weapon against QBs, while protecting his health. He gets too beat up on a heavy rotation as DE.

On 1/29/2023 at 10:01 PM, DougO said:

I get sick of people moaning and groaning about Dak. Stop being a bunch of pussies. 

Dak is what he is. He's tied for the 8th highest paid QB in the NFL. The Cowboys are currently the 5th or 6th best team in the NFL as it shook out.

Dak will be further down the list next year and likely the ensuing years as all the young star qbs get humongous contracts. 

Dak's salary is what NFL qb salaries are. It comes with the deal.

As far as replacing him, go ahead and tell me how the fuck you're going to get a top 3 qb in the league. Every team wants one. They are pretty rare. Just wanting one doesn't make it happen. You either suck so hard that you have a top pick and then get more lucky that the quarterback you draft isn't one of the typical top drafted draft busts and disappointments. There are a lot of them. Only a few of them ever become what they were drafted to be. That's just how it is. 

The only other way to get one is to get really lucky and draft a quarterback that quite a few teams passed up, yet he turns out to be a far better NFL prospect than anyone imagined. Would you rather have Carson Wince or Jared Goff with a 1 or 2 overall pick than Dak for the 4th round pick they spent in the same fucking draft?

All you can do is keep drafting quarterbacks later in the draft, which the Cowboys and every other NFL team should be doing every other year, and hope you get incredibly lucky. 

Sports fans are some of the stupidest motherfuckers on the planet. 

Paying Dak that money was one of the dumbest decisions ever. He is nowhere near the 8th best QB, and, that way of thinking - paying your QB exorbitant money - doesn’t pay off for those teams. If KC wins, it will be, by far, the highest % a Super Bowl champ has paid its QB. In hindsight, we should’ve let Dak walk, but we’ve got to follow the NFL groupthink. 

Cowboys may have been 5th or 6th best team but there is a wide gulf in talent level between us and everyone above us. 

Keep saying Fecals you fucking loser. 

Edit: I’d take Goff in a heartbeat over Dak. @Make em eat Taco BellYour incessant take on MP not playing DE is one of the dumbest on the board. 

Edited by Porterhouse

19 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

So MM now going to call plays for Dak. There won’t be any separation for blame if this doesn’t produce results (NFC championship game at least.) I think Moore will work out great for the Chargers. They have some nice weapons. We haven’t seen Herbert’s ceiling. So having that focus on Herbert will likely help. Right now Chargers are a solid number 2 in their division. Dallas has a bunch of FAs that SD could try to target.

I get circling the wagons around Dak. I understand. His contract and it’s not that easy to hit on a QB in the draft and he’s at least top 15 QB and blah blah blah excuses. But I have a feeling after next season we will just be going in circles. Dak has a ceiling. It’s a nice one if it can be consistent. And he needs more weapons. I hope we hire someone whose sole job it is to handle clock mgmt in games if MM going to focus a lot on Dak. Because damn.

099B303F-BDBE-4466-BE37-37D11B92A11E.jpeg

E8E6607C-3FDC-4AB2-AB49-D5257FCFF53D.jpeg

If Colin Cowherd liked him I say it's a good move getting rid of em.

• Hook 'Em 1

099B303F-BDBE-4466-BE37-37D11B92A11E.thumb.jpeg.70b8b95543d8a57f1ddd8259abcea070.jpeg
E8E6607C-3FDC-4AB2-AB49-D5257FCFF53D.jpeg.4ee1adfaa7b1796617d76aa650471ce7.jpeg

You do know that teams have quality control coaches and offensive consultants that are in the booth doing time clock management, tendency analytics, and other things. They are on the mic when needed.

3 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Paying Dak that money was one of the dumbest decisions ever. He is nowhere near the 8th best QB, and, that way of thinking - paying your QB exorbitant money - doesn’t pay off for those teams. If KC wins, it will be, by far, the highest % a Super Bowl champ has paid its QB. In hindsight, we should’ve let Dak walk, but we’ve got to follow the NFL groupthink. 

Cowboys may have been 5th or 6th best team but there is a wide gulf in talent level between us and everyone above us. 

Keep saying Fecals you fucking loser. 

Edit: I’d take Goff in a heartbeat over Dak. @Make em eat Taco BellYour incessant take on MP not playing DE is one of the dumbest on the board. 

Parsons is often winded, gasping, even asking for a timeout. Why? because he's out of position.  If the change is ever made back to roaming LB, you'll see how right I am. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

You do know that teams have quality control coaches and offensive consultants that are in the booth doing time clock management, tendency analytics, and other things. They are on the mic when needed.

So ours aren't very good then? Maybe hire someone to oversee them? lol My point was MM has long been criticized by people (regular people and sports pundits) for good reason in this area. If he were to take over a portion of the play calling that the clock management and other things will suffer. Everything I have read suggests the Cowboys are hiring an OC to replace KM. So it isn't as big of a concern unless MM decides to handle play calling duties also. 

• Like 1