2023 Dallas Cowboys "We Suck Again" Off-Season Thread

LTtxfan

As Texas fans we all know how big of a reach this is. Just a brutal pick. 

I don’t think so. 3rd round maybe 4th round at worst. He’s athleticism and they see as a rusher.

And he plays tons of special teams. He could make an impact this year and maybe be a starter when LVE is gone next year.

He’s a hybrid LB and perfect for DQ.

I think I’d have gone Ringo. But it’s she e perfect scheme for Overshown to drop into. He played S and LB quite a bit. The cowboys will like that.

Ridiculous athlete, and if you can get him to run the defense as called and stay away from injury, you may have a special player. But those are two really big “ifs.”  They must have fallen in love with him, and heard some other team felt the same, hence the third round grade. But all the projections I saw had him much lower.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I don’t think so. 3rd round maybe 4th round at worst. He’s athleticism and they see as a rusher.

And he plays tons of special teams. He could make an impact this year and maybe be a starter when LVE is gone next year.

He’s a hybrid LB and perfect for DQ.

I think I’d have gone Ringo. But it’s she e perfect scheme for Overshown to drop into.

Right, it may be a bit high for him, but I think they can see him playing a big role in Quinn's funkyass defense.

1 minute ago, Vito Andolini said:

Ridiculous athlete, and if you can get him to run the defense as called and stay away from injury, you may have a special player. But those are two really big “ifs.”  They must have fallen in love with him, and heard some other team felt the same, hence the third round grade. But all the projections I saw had him much lower.

He needs to get stronger and he's a really good athlete but not an elite for the position.  I tend to trust Quinn's evaluations so I'll be cautiously optimistic and he'll be easy to root for but dude needs another 10 lbs on him and he needs to come in with his hair on fire.  I'll say this, McClay and company have a game plan for their drafts and they tend to stay very specific to them.  They don't account for falling players much and tend to ignore them if they do.  They did see the weaknesses as a lot of us did:

0-1 Tech, CB, TE, Hair on fire LB, RB, OG.  I expect to see a CB, RB or guard next....

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Yeah I thought 5th Rd or later for DO, but Cowboys are probably gonna use him on the Edge some on 3rd downs...  So his value increases along with special teams.  🤘

13 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Overshown is a lot of potential. He'll have better protection keeping him clean than he had at Texas. 

That could be the thought with who they drafted in the first round.  Get an athletic freak up the middle to cause havoc and then get a guy who flows to the ball pretty well but doesn't have the strength to deal with NFL guards to use that havoc to his advantage.  

10 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The 2nd round pick is the head scratcher for me on their draft. 2nd round is early for a blocking TE

He's a really good athlete, a little better than anyone we've had since Martellus.  

8 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

he’s got a lot higher ceiling than “blocking tight end”

Here's a good look.  Problem is he's old.  We get this guy in the 3 or 4th round, we're probably excited as hell.  He's a better athlete than Ferguson and I think we can all agree we were satisfied with his rookie year.  Definitely an unsexy draft thus far though.  Probably get a OG in the 4th.  LOL.

• Like 1