2023 Dallas Cowboys "We Suck Again" Off-Season Thread

LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, futureman said:

isn’t this video from a year ago?  or is this “new” one?

Would it matter? He couldn’t outrun a trash can last year, and he isn’t getting any faster.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Would it matter? He couldn’t outrun a trash can last year, and he isn’t getting any faster.

I don't know, bro, he looks pretty impressive in that video.  I see a big year coming for him in 2023.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Yeah right. He’s used up and done. 2300 touches and 28 years old. The nfl brick walls are 27 years old and 1500 touches. His performance in recent seasons reflects this decline.

old doesn't mean wise, I guess.

I think Zeke still has something to offer, but I don't think it would work here since he'd be backing up his replacement. The mentality of that seems difficult to overcome. If he's going to be a backup it should be somewhere else, in my opinion. Nothing but love for Zeke but time to move on.

19 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

So what would you pay a declining RB who likely is only getting offered league min offers plus incentives?

Cowboys signed a bad ass UDFA fullback. There are other FA RBs out there that can be productive.

I’d rather pay Dalvin Cook. I think he’s got way more left in his tank than Zeke does.

On 6/7/2023 at 10:46 AM, lilMAC25 said:

Same, but if we are saying one or the other… 

I think it matters what the term "pay" means.  We're talking about close to the minimum with Zeke, are we talking about that with Cook?  3m per?  4m?  6 or 7m?  I wouldn't do the latter but the former???  Instead of Zeke.... probably so.  I think he ends up in the AFC.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hate said:

I'd rather have Dhop than Cook.  At least Dhop may be able to bring in some of those "errant" passes from Dak. 

Hopkins probably will cost 7-10m more than Cook so there's definitely a price difference.  Additionally, while the team has already admitted they fucked up with Cooper with the Cooks trade, doubling down and getting another high priced vet would be even more of a public transaction which admits how much they fucked up last offseason.  I'm not sure the marginal value Hopkins could bring would be worth it.  It will have to do where Gallup is in his 2nd year after injury.  If he sucks again..... man, what a mistake his contract was.

19 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

They need to forget about adding another skill piece and get a capable O lineman. Steele might not be ready, and depth sucks. One more injury, say to 77, and the o line is a real mess.

77 will miss games this season. 

It is inevitable.

On 6/9/2023 at 9:43 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

I think it matters what the term "pay" means.  We're talking about close to the minimum with Zeke, are we talking about that with Cook?  3m per?  4m?  6 or 7m?  I wouldn't do the latter but the former???  Instead of Zeke.... probably so.  I think he ends up in the AFC.

I wouldn’t pay Zeke $1MM at this point. He has very little to give.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This popped up on my YouTube today. I’m not sure why but, it is enjoyable to watch. I had a constant battle in my head when I would watch Dorsett play for Dallas. I loved TD as a Pitt Man but, I hated the Cowboys.

Dorsett told me a few years back that there were two things that made him a great running back. The first was that he had incredible vision. His nickname was Hawk. The second, was that in two strides he could be going full speed. He also I told me that he weighed 155 pounds as a freshman at Pitt and that he weighed 175 as a senior the year he won the Heisman and the national title. He also was college football’s all-time rusher until Williams broke that record.

He was a beautiful back. Just a joy to watch. He’s had a lot of health issues but has gotten some stem cell therapy and I have been told that it is helping.

• Like 4

He’s had a lot of health issues but has gotten some stem cell therapy and I have been told that it is helping.

I have a buddy going to Little Rock to look at this for a hip issue. He mentioned TD was part owner of the franchise or company.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/16/2023 at 9:20 AM, RPM said:

Not to pour salt on a wound (even though Colin is a douche)…

The blame lies squarely with Jerry. You can blame QBs and certain players but it’s him. He’s the reason. It’s a sobering chart if Jerry actually wanted to accept how well his GM’ing has gone. Damn.

IMG_6740.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, futureman said:

agree to disagree.  jerry has actually put together a good enough team to win, save for one important position.  21/22 ain’t bad.  the failures of the franchise fall at dak’s feet.  that guy is a fucking piece of shit. 

I don’t think Dak is the guy, but the rest of the team simply isn’t good enough.

The team has been competitive for several seasons. We’ll see this year if the issue was Kellen moore or Dak or both. They’ve improved the d in the areas needed to play with Philly and SF. Hopefully they find a kicker.

There is no complete team talent wise. Philly has o line issues and sf may not have a qb.

agree to disagree.  jerry has actually put together a good enough team to win, save for one important position.  21/22 ain’t bad.  the failures of the franchise fall at dak’s feet.  that guy is a fucking piece of shit. 

Since when did you start hating dak?
  • Haha 5

On 6/24/2023 at 12:29 PM, Texzilla58 said:

The team has been competitive for several seasons. We’ll see this year if the issue was Kellen moore or Dak or both. They’ve improved the d in the areas needed to play with Philly and SF. Hopefully they find a kicker.

There is no complete team talent wise. Philly has o line issues and sf may not have a qb.

They still need a crazy as fuck LB who can play 3 downs but especially stop the run.  We still need a ballhawking safety to control the middle of the field.  We still need one more CB so we don't have to rely on guys who have always gotten beaten by playoff level WR corp, but certainly we made strides and sometimes the offseason doesn't present an opportunity like FS (weak ass draft, poor FA market), but I do hope Mazi can give us 25-30 good to very good snaps this year.  Health, as always, will typically dictate which one of the 5-6 real contenders go forward in the playoffs. 

My real concern is Fat McCarthy back as a play caller.  He wasn't great in the last couple of seasons in GB and I'm not sure he's the answer now.  This could be a disaster on that side of the ball.  We'll still score points because we have talent but will he be better than Moore in crunch time?  Moore wasn't very good in in-game adjustments and it's never been McCarthy's calling card.  Or it could all come together and we could get to the Conference Finals.  Who knows.... but I do have some concerns about OL injuries and we need another RB desperately (not Zeke)....

• Like 3

Agree with all your points though I rank a bit different. OL depth concerns me the most. Steel isn’t well yet, and we’ll be lucky to get 12 games from 77 and Zack’s knee worries me. It’s hard to do and maybe it’s because I was a lineman but I want 10 ol’s and the depth at swing very good. Can you do ok with two starters out hurt?

I hope Mazie is the beast he projects as that clogs that hole in the middle that allowed teams to make 3rd and 6 right up the middle over and over. That hopefully frees 11 to return to that old MonsterMan role playing all over the place.

I never want to see Joseph on the field but hope the CB room can step up. With gilmore I think Diggs gets exposed even more. I don’t think he’s worth a big extension.

We need a Darren Woodson at safety but that ain’t happening. I’m not as worried at rb unless no one steps up at camp, but they’re out there. And kicker. We have to find a kicker but lots of decent ones out there.

On 6/25/2023 at 4:32 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

My real concern is Fat McCarthy back as a play caller.  He wasn't great in the last couple of seasons in GB and I'm not sure he's the answer now.  This could be a disaster on that side of the ball. 

the only reason mccarthy is calling plays is because it’s super bowl or bust this year for that thumb-faced fat fuck and he told jerry he wanted control of the offense if his job is on the line.  and you’re right it will be a disaster, but not due to the playcalling.  it’ll be a disaster because we have a fucking special needs pile of horseshit taking the snaps.