Parking Revenue Recovery Services

Sawbonz

My daughter (no pics) parked in a lot on SoCo. She says she fed cash into the meter and input her license plate number. I just got a notice from the above named company with a demand for $50 for her parking wo paying. Has a picture of her vehicle entering and leaving the lot (was there a total of abt 2 hours)

She did not keep a receipt (if she paid)

Company is threatening to send me to collections. The alleged incident was was 8 days ago 🙄

Anyone deal w something like this before? Is it real or a scam?

They are threatening towing or booting as well but I’m assuming that would only be applicable if she parks on one of their  properties without paying the fee

I plan on sending an email to dispute but wanted to know if anyone has dealt w this before

TIA and RIP TxTow

^^

this is what I’m thinking. Honestly there’s a good chance she didn’t pay bc in my experience she never has cash but nevertheless $50 for 2 hours parking is ridiculous. She told me just pay it (I have access to her accts). Maybe I have too much repressed rage from dealing with UTPD parking bullshit when I was in school coupled w the tone of the letter but I want to fuck w them

• Like 1

I was pre-med so take this as whatever but I don't see how they can claim parking on their lot constitutes a contract. Especially since they claim she didn't add money in the meter.

But there is validity that if she parks in one of their lots somewhere else, maybe they have the right to tow. And in that case, she would be telling on herself by entering her license plate into the meter.

What's the cost of new license plates vs paying their "fine"?

21 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I will take the case on contingency. 

How much should we ask for? Or are you taking their side?

I think I'm going to email them and demand proof the lot doesn’t have a cash option or video that she parked, left the lot to shop, and came back and exited without going to the pay station

also will definitely try the BBB complaint. Thanks Vinny

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

How much should we ask for? Or are you taking their side?

I would represent your daughter, and I would ask for something in the low six figures.  I receive 33% of any recovery, whether through settlement or trial.  The beauty of this arrangement is that if your daughter loses, you owe me nothing.*  Simply reading this post constitutes a valid and binding contract.

*You and your daughter, however, are jointly responsible for all expenses, including meals, travel, and entertainment, which are deducted from the total recovery after payment of the contingency fee, and must be paid irregardless of any recovery.

Edited by South Austin
  • Like 1

So, what you need to do is set your daughter in a wooden chair and shine a table lamp in her eyes. Ask, her if she really paid for parking. It might take a few slaps, but she will eventually tell the truth. I don' know what you can do with the info., though. Maybe use it to learn never to trust your children.

I parked downtown one night on the correct side of a valet parking sign. Came back a few hours later to my car being gone. I was told by the valet service using the other spaces that if they needed more parking they were allowed to tow as long as they had an APD officer approve it. WTF?

Don't trust anyone making money on parking.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

I would represent your daughter, and I would ask for something in the low six figures.  I receive 33% of any recovery, whether through settlement or trial.  The beauty of this arrangement is that if your daughter loses, you owe me nothing.*  Simply reading this post constitutes a valid and binding contract.

*You and your daughter, however, are jointly responsible for all expenses, including meals, travel, and entertainment, which are deducted from the total recovery after payment of the contingency fee, and must be paid irregardless of any recovery.

image.gif.6c931d63838b383aa14fc5c12cd9b602.gif

you had me up to “irregardless”

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Deej said:

I parked downtown one night on the correct side of a valet parking sign. Came back a few hours later to my car being gone. I was told by the valet service using the other spaces that if they needed more parking they were allowed to tow as long as they had an APD officer approve it. WTF?

Don't trust anyone making money on parking.

You should also look into throwing some bricks. 

11 hours ago, South Austin said:

None of what I thought would constitute the agreement is listed in that there contract.

13 hours ago, South Austin said:

Irregardless isn’t a word. 

• 2 weeks later...