Reinstate the No "Kill Yourself" rule

1 hour ago, SKJ said:

The mainline Drano

Eat a shotgun?

I don't know. I used to say it all the time. I guess I'm just not bothered by it

Yeah, I'm not sure if those were in the same exchange or not, and I am not on a political vendetta here because I don't even remember who said it, but it's just not healthy, obviously, for a message board when we are all thinking of creative ways to urge each on to the next world. It can be satisfying in the moment, of course, but just type it out, gaze upon it for a while, then delete and think of something more creative. 

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

Who was the offending party? If that could be pointed out, maybe the mods can take action. And, if they don't, there's always the crowdsourcing option.

Brian Fontana- 

Edited by Equinox
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, bernorange said:

The next time Brian posts something that is more insightful than inciteful, will be the first IMO.  He sucks and was the first member of this forum that I put on my ignore list to avoid his insipid emotional blather.

Yes. bro calm down has always been a moron. 

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Count me in the camp that thinks “go kill yourself” is off limits. We don’t need another suicide in our community that’s tied in anyway to cyber bullying on our boards.

What about saying  if I ran in to you I'd fucking beat you to death.  I mean that's not telling you to go kill yourself.  right ?  

That shit's going on now from a poster to another poster, and I don't think it was reported, but that shit's way off limits.

What about saying  if I ran in to you I'd fucking beat you to death.  I mean that's not telling you to go kill yourself.  right ?  
That shit's going on now from a poster to another poster, and I don't think it was reported, but that shit's way off limits.

I think civility is a good thing. Banter is fine but honestly when I read your post I could feel a slight adrenaline dump. You know, bc shit like that does happen. I think the line should be drawn further back but I’m not in charge and won’t die on any hill here for civility.

How about if you post in the politics board you lose posting privileges in the normal boards for a period of time.  Like that day, or forever for that matter, I don't care that place is fucking stupid.  Keep the diseased quarantined so they don't infect other places.

Edited by Moby Ric
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

One part of me thinks it could be used to prove pre-meditated murder. The other part of me sees it as a retro throwback to the 1990s internet.

It seems less than clever.

5 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

If anyone tells me to off myself and I decide to go through with it, I'll be sure to take them out first.

I'm pretty sure I heard Hugo and Dennis say exactly that.  

• Like 1

You know, I do believe that there are a good number of people in the world that this world would be better off if they simply died, but saying as much isn't exactly increasing the quality of discourse on message boards.

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

there was a suicide. and that individual was bullied on longhorn boards. sobering enough to take seriously, imo.

:( Aaaaaand my Friday is ruined because I know who you're talking about and god dammit.

Agree, out of general decency people shouldn’t wish death.  I’d also say the whole rep thing needs to be reevaluated; I get trolling, I really do, but we all know Rocko didn’t troll (he wasn’t very smart, but...) so why was he band?  I for one found it entertaining when he doubled and tripled down on a position. Who’s been to Vegas?  

Bottom line; if the mods ever hope to duplicate the success of the old site they need to step up and make this place truly inclusive (why the old site was started to begin with).  

There's some buttmad snowflake fee fees from smoothbrained bitch made trolls like Epi QuinnEquinox in this thread...

...but I actually agree with the OP's sentiment, upon reflection, and agree we should at least self police (if the mods don't want to get involved) and not encourage others to off themselves. I know from experience how much it hurts when someone close to you ends their own life. Wrong is wrong, and in this case, I am in the wrong and am behind this 100%. Even though this board is unusually lenient with regard to rhetoric, common decency is a thing, and in general I don't post things that I wouldn't say to someone's face, so I apologize.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Like 2

Aaaaaand my Friday is ruined because I know who you're talking about and god dammit.

It’s why my response on these threads will always be serious. Banter in good fun is fine but the second it crosses over to bullying it needs to stop. We don’t know what posters are thinking on the receiving end and if it at all puts them at risk then we’ve gone to far.

The KU board used to have a regular poster (a firefighter) that literally died in a fire.  And some posters there still use "Die in a Fire" in these kill yourself situations.  So uncomfortable.

DIAF is a standard reply on boards. It's sad it actually happened, but dont look in to if so much on a particular board when the person saying DIAF likely has no idea.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:34 PM, hayden_horn said:

there was a suicide. and that individual was bullied on longhorn boards. sobering enough to take seriously, imo.

Really? What's the story there? 

In that case to whomever the dolt is told to eat a .45 acp for being a barbarian who cuts his meat before cooking:

I'm sorry, it was overstated for comedic effect. Don't actually do it. 

Well, unless you're doing it for some other non stupid internet reason. But not for cutting your meat pre cooking. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:52 AM, bernorange said:

You probably don't want to read about it if you are an old timer.

Reveal hidden contents

I remember Loree. She committed suicide? Jesus, how did I miss that over there?

And speaking of Derka, what's his username here?