Ohio State 12

Oklahoma 9

TCU 7

Rice 0

Kansas State 14

Army 8

Texas A&M 4

Texas Tech 2

Feel like I say this every year but it’s a shame that baseball isn’t on tv more.  Yeah there’s ESPN+ but it seems to just have such limited exposure for a game that has, in my opinion, the best playoff system out there.  It’s a great thing to have on the tv when you’re cooking or something, there’s key moments of excitement but also lots of breathing room to stay on task.  

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

Feel like I say this every year but it’s a shame that baseball isn’t on tv more.  Yeah there’s ESPN+ but it seems to just have such limited exposure for a game that has, in my opinion, the best playoff system out there.  It’s a great thing to have on the tv when you’re cooking or something, there’s key moments of excitement but also lots of breathing room to stay on task.  

Yeah agreed. But I think the regionals and CWS do at least get pretty extensive coverage from ESPN at least.

And I should note that the Pokes have 2 of the first 3 from Arizona State and we've won 7 straight now. (knock wood)

Yep, got clobbered by Arky and lost a close one to Vandy…but taking care of business in the rest of the weak noncon.  Wish there was more coverage on our blogs about it, and from what I’ve heard D1 isn’t that great for the price.  Having McLean back was huge but it’s a long season and Josh teams have certainly peaked early before.  

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

Yep, got clobbered by Arky and lost a close one to Vandy…but taking care of business in the rest of the weak noncon.  Wish there was more coverage on our blogs about it, and from what I’ve heard D1 isn’t that great for the price.  Having McLean back was huge but it’s a long season and Josh teams have certainly peaked early before.  

What happened to the free OkSt fan forum (can't recall name)  ?     Still active,  can't find it  ? 

Visited some,  especially during baseball season.   Seemed to have knowledgeable fans.

6 hours ago, torre said:

What happened to the free OkSt fan forum (can't recall name)  ?     Still active,  can't find it  ? 

Visited some,  especially during baseball season.   Seemed to have knowledgeable fans.

OrangePower.  I think they just couldn’t pay the bills…Twitter account said, a few months ago, they were working to get back online but alas it’s dead.  Pretty good fans for sports stuff, but the news/politics board was ass backwards as fuck painful. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Orangepower went under? Well that sucks to hear.

D1 Baseball never really seemed all that interested in the Big 12. And I get it, there are a small number of them and a shitload of teams around the country. But in addition to not really telling me more about the Big 12 than I didn't already know just watching Texas play every weekend, they also seemed a little too SEC focused so I wasn't really learning much about the other non-SEC teams as well.

Maybe that is unfair? Anyway they are sort of the only game in town for College Baseball fans. So there is that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Friday (3/10):

West Virginia 15

Minnesota 7

Kansas State 20

Youngstown State 4

Western Carolina 5

Kansas 3

Oklahoma State 11

Utah Tech 1

San Diego 14

TCU 2

Texas 8

Manhattan 1

Mercer 11

Baylor 2

Oklahoma 13

Houston 1

Texas Tech 17

Iowa 5

Saturday (3/11):

Oklahoma State 10

Utah Tech 4 (DH)

Oklahoma State 9

Utah Tech 3 (DH)

Michigan State 10

Kansas 6

West Virginia 7

Minnesota 2

Texas 10

Manhattan 4

Texas Tech 8

Iowa 3

Mercer 7

Baylor 4

TCU 3

San Diego 1

Kansas State 9

Youngstown State 6

Oklahoma 8

Houston 3

On 3/10/2023 at 12:14 AM, Valmy77 said:

D1 Baseball never really seemed all that interested in the Big 12. And I get it, there are a small number of them and a shitload of teams around the country. But in addition to not really telling me more about the Big 12 than I didn't already know just watching Texas play every weekend, they also seemed a little too SEC focused so I wasn't really learning much about the other non-SEC teams as well.

Maybe that is unfair? Anyway they are sort of the only game in town for College Baseball fans. So there is that.

Yeah I definitely follow Kendall Rogers and Aaron Fitt on Twitter and I like their free content, but $15 a month seems a bit pricey for niche content that I'm only going to look at a few months out of the year. I mean, I'm paying like $7 a month for The Athletic to get WAAAAY more content across every sport.