Post-Beard Game #7 - Texas @ Tennessee (Big12-SEC / Top 10 Matchup); Saturday 5pm, ESPN (College BB Game Day)

Js1

Almost everything went wrong today. Carr and Brock in early foul trouble, Disu playing poorly, refs not giving us a shot from the jump, Tyrese being a no show again and Timmy having another no show game and Terry coaching another zinger. 

This is still a good team but the margins are pretty thin at times. We can't survive all of that on the road against a legit top 5 team. 

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise and it helps them refocus and handle Baylor on Monday.

But - seriously - Terry is who he is. He's going to be completely lost every 3-4 games. The players need to pick up the slack. I have a hard time believing Tyrese is physically incapable of playing better than this. 

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Well this should be all you need to want to go Hire a coach this April.

Are we going to do this every time we lose a game? It is not like every time we win there are tons of us demanding we keep Terry. He needs to go deep in the tournament for that kind of consideration. What happens against Tennessee in January is not going to decide anything.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I sure hope CDC doesn’t also dismiss Oats for getting embarassed by OU.

Judging coaches by a single game is stupid and that works both ways.

Texas mostly beat bottom half of the league so far. This game is where you see how good the team is coached against a very good team. If you can't even be competitive against them with a veteran team, yes, this should be the nail in the coffin for RT.

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

Texas mostly beat bottom half of the league so far. This game is where you see how good the team is coached against a very good team. If you can't even be competitive against them with a veteran team, yes, this should be the nail in the coffin for RT.

Second half of Big 12 play is probably going to be hideous 

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Sweet, so cross Oats off the list? He wasn’t competitive against OU today.

12 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Are we going to do this every time we lose a game? It is not like every time we win there are tons of us demanding we keep Terry. He needs to go deep in the tournament for that kind of consideration. What happens against Tennessee in January is not going to decide anything.

Look it’s all I got right now just let me bitch ok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Sweet, so cross Oats off the list? He wasn’t competitive against OU today.

Not sure serious! Oats has a body of work that says he is an elite coach. For him, one loss doesn't mean much. RT has a body of work that says he is mediocre. He needed to perform well in these games to elevate his chances. Can't believe I have to spell it out.

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

Not sure serious! Oats has a body of work that says he is an elite coach. For him, one loss doesn't mean much. RT has a body of work that says he is mediocre. He needed to perform well in these games to elevate his chances. Can't believe I have to spell it out.

Thank you for at least admitting that you are holding these coaches to different standards. Hopefully CDC informed RT that his one game interview was today.

Edited by Hookem2147

Just now, Horn80 said:

And I was the only guy that followed him out the door you turds.  Lol

Eh I’ve been dabbling in and out. 6 mins and a bucket cuts it down to single digits, maybe Barnes will do his conservative shit at the end here. He mother fucking owes us