Semiquincentennial

statsman

It will be the anniversary where Texas sends out invitations to 10 other states and each one of those 10 piggybacks 4 other states (because they're family), except Florida. Florida only asks 3, but Puerto Rico jumps into the car at the last minute. They drink up all the booze at the bar but things are kept going when everyone pools their money together and sends Utah, the only sober state, to HEB on a beer run. At the end of the night, after several spirited arguments and one drunk fight, everyone leaves for home carrying extra plates full of food covered with aluminum foil.

58 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Nah, I like it.

C4EAD2AE-500E-415C-AB6E-C237AECA1FF3.jpeg

Nice. I had to record Charley Pride reading a script for a station promo.  He couldn't say "It's all part of the Sesquicentennial celebration." After the 4th take I knew it wasn't going to get better and I didn't want to insult him. "Nailed it! Thanks, Charley!" I edited the shit out of it and you could kind of understand him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4