Tyre Nichols beaten to death by 5 Memphis police officers

Pancho

38 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That would lend credence to the idea that it was potentially a targeted attack (because he knew he was in trouble as soon as they pulled him over). 

I'm not sure that makes sense though because surely the officers knew that all of this would wind up on camera. So what would their plan have been had he not resisted arrest? Cuff him then do something to him in jail? Is there a way they could have more clandestinely given him a beating?

There was 3 or 4 cars at the first stop, and at the end of the video something like 10+ personnel on the scene.

If it was a targeted attack, they wouldn't need that many people to beat up a much thinner guy, and especially wouldnt want to involve so many people to be able to hold it discreetly.  So that idea doesn't strikek me as plausible.

Of course, judging by the mannerisms towards the end of the video -- the speech and nonchalance -- we cant discount their being complete sociopathic buffoons and not having thought any of it out before kicking the shit out of him

• Hook 'Em 1

literally describing/transcribing the actual event as they actually occured on the highest res video source, without apportioning blame or editorialization.  the part about pursuit is a conjecture, based on the speed that was shown in the camera.
there's no video evidence to show what did Tyre did wrongfully - if he drove in the manner the police claimed on camera he drove.

You know they killed that dude, right?
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Whether they agree with me or not, everyone else has followed my writing fine so far.  Why cant you?

there's no video evidence to show what did Tyre did wrongfully - if he drove in the manner the police claimed on camera he drove.

Enjoy your debate. I just find your arguments and sentence structure to be strange 

Edited by Da Fino

35 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Let me see your hands, stop resisting and give me your hands are just bullshit they were taught to yell while beating your ass so they can get away with it. 

Palabra. They’re corroborating the lie they plan to tell about the crimes they are committing, which is what they are trained to do as police.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

there's no video evidence to show what did Tyre did wrongfully - if he drove in the manner the police claimed on camera he drove.

Enjoy your debate. I just find your arguments and sentence structure to be strange 

My syntax probably *is* strange. Ive never properly grasped semicolons vs emdashes and such, but I try. The crux of my point usually gets through fine. 

If someone says something I believe to be wrong, (and my infant is keeping me awake), ill check them on it. Its not I enjoy debating, as much as I think the truth deserves to be discovered, no matter how inconvenient, and especially on fiery/weighty topics. e.g. Racism is not to be taken lightly. 

Edited by 52-80

42 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

we're all talking about this case because we clearly all have interest/fascination in it.  we pour over the video because the details and justification and understanding deserves it.  if/when background information about the police comes out, that deserves to have a spotlight put on it as well.

this is the same thing that they would do at court, on both sides of the court room.  why do you insinuate it to be a BAD THING?

You seem to have appointed yourself as their defense attorney.  I'm not sure why you would want to voluntarily take on that assignment.  To the extent this is "the same thing they would do in court, on both sides."  I call bs.  Whether or not the victim was driving erratically is completely irrelevant to them murdering him.  It's like the defense attorneys back in the day, digging into a rape victim's sexual history to try and justify their client being a rapist.  

Which i guess means that given America and Blue Lives Matter this will all come into play.  I can't fathom purposefully taking that position on a message board in my free time though.  But you do you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

My syntax probably *is* strange. Ive never properly grasped semicolons vs emdashes and such, but I try. The crux of my point usually gets through fine. 

If someone says something I believe to be wrong, (and my infant is keeping me awake), ill check them on it. Its not I enjoy debating, as much as I think the truth deserves to be discovered, no matter how inconvenient, and especially on fiery/weighty topics. Racism is not to be taken lightly. 

I’m so confused. 

24 minutes ago, Deej said:

If these cops get acquitted, OJ can murder someone again.

We are headed towards a point where there will be people ambushing cops, or people becoming more actively involved when cops are beating the shit out of somebody.

And the cops are bringing it all on themselves.

Not helped with the thin blue line American flags (that are actually flag desecration) where they think they have a separate American flag than everybody else.  I fucking hate seeing those things on cop cars, knowing it's flag desecration.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

We are headed towards a point where there will be people ambushing cops, or people becoming more actively involved when cops are beating the shit out of somebody.

Not helped with the thin blue line American flags (that are actually flag desecration) where they think they have a separate American flag than everybody else.  I fucking hate seeing those things on cop cars, knowing it's flag desecration.

Yep, I did not take an oath to that. If they want to fly that flag let them pay for their own shit vs. US and community tax dollars. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

If someone says something I believe to be wrong, (and my infant is keeping me awake), ill check them on it. Its not I enjoy debating, as much as I think the truth deserves to be discovered, no matter how inconvenient, and especially on fiery/weighty topics. e.g. Racism is not to be taken lightly. 

Out of curiosity, in what city do you live?

Edited by Da Fino

9 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Stop posting.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We are headed towards a point where there will be people ambushing cops, or people becoming more actively involved when cops are beating the shit out of somebody  

We are a long way from that. We are barely to the point where people feel comfortable filming them doing these things. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

You seem to have appointed yourself as their defense attorney.  I'm not sure why you would want to voluntarily take on that assignment.  To the extent this is "the same thing they would do in court, on both sides."  I call bs.  Whether or not the victim was driving erratically is completely irrelevant to them murdering him.  It's like the defense attorneys back in the day, digging into a rape victim's sexual history to try and justify their client being a rapist.  

Which i guess means that given America and Blue Lives Matter this will all come into play.  I can't fathom purposefully taking that position on a message board in my free time though.  But you do you.

Heres what I said:

-their claim for the arrest is unproven

-any tiniest possibly shred of culpability of resisting the arrest is invalid, if the cause for arrest is invalid in the first place

-goes without saying neither of the above ever morally or legally justifies physical retribution

so, i truthfully and repeatedly claim none of the positions you paint on me. whether you purposely or ignorantly misrepresent my actual belief,s its exhausting repeating them to you when you refuse to hear. 

i dont care to represent or be prejudiced towards either party on this. im looking at the video piece by piece and concluding whats self-evident in them. my motivation why is given in the post above yours: because its available, and its important. 

you keep imagining whatever you want to imagine. 

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nah, the majority of people still believe cops are heroes and all that other bullshit. What I could see happening is black cops getting more pushback in rural racist areas but I doubt those areas have many minority officers anyway. 

Edited by Zepol87
  • Like 2

I'm wondering how many other times these cops did this.  They acted with impunity, because they thought there would be no consequences.  Probably because there haven't been consequences for decades upon decades.

Bingo. They act emboldened and bulletproof because they’ve got a century plus of reinforcement that they are gods not subject to the laws of man.
They are psychopaths, in every sense of the word.
I posted this a few weeks ago but am posting again because it’s really bothering me after seeing the video. 
They kept saying “give me your hands”. But, they had the guys hands.
It reminded me of a time I was unjustly attacked by an out of control officer for literally doing nothing. He grabbed me and kept repeating “stop resisting” as he tackled me. Over and over. I wasn’t resisting. He just kept attacking me. Your body is a resistive force. It’s like they use this as an excuse to beat you. I feel now that the techniques officers use always lead to beating the crap out of you no matter what you do. 

Let me see your hands, stop resisting and give me your hands are just bullshit they were taught to yell while beating your ass so they can get away with it. 

Bingo. If you hear a cop yell “stop resisting,” it’s pretty much a guarantee that 1) the victim is NOT resisting, and 2) the victim is getting his ass WHOOPED by the cops.

But, you know, if this thug would have just fully complied, and shown these uniformed heroes the respect they deserve (thank you for your service), none of this would have had to happen.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I think its a cover from a music album, years ago when I last set it. 

You probably should stick on topic now. 

Hey is this you? 

I think he’s the asian dude who pretended to be mini baller at an o&g convention in Houston

• Hook 'Em 1

he resisted arrested and ran away which pissed off the cops, but this doesn't justify the lynch mob torture and death penalty. Hope for a quick trial and long jail times.  Let's not have this dominate the news for weeks, go to other more topics which adversely affect millions of people. 

Overall, the numbers nationwide of killings by LE is about 1000, probably 70-80% are justified, meaning only 200-300 are questionable.  Best to be proportionate. 

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

he resisted arrested and ran away which pissed off the cops, but this doesn't justify the lynch mob torture and death penalty. Hope for a quick trial and long jail times.  Let's not have this dominate the news for weeks, go to other more topics which adversely affect millions of people. 

Overall, the numbers nationwide of killings by LE is about 1000, probably 70-80% are justified, meaning only 200-300 are questionable.  Best to be proportionate. 

He ran because the cops were tasing and pepper spraying him for absolutely zero reason after yank jig h k out of scar for no reason. But yes let’s give the fake army the benefit of the doubt. 

Cops got mad because they pepper sprayed themselves. Because they were excellent, well trained, good cops! 

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Also 82% happens to be the percentage of LE killings where the deceased was armed, across all races. Thats from the thousands of cases over the last decade compiled independently by WaPo. 

Would be a cosmic-level of coincidence, or ungodly effort of national collusion, to all fall at that same number.