Yellowstone

RPM

On 11/5/2021 at 11:30 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Sunday night is a 2-episoder.  On the radio this morning, the hosts were talking about how the first 10 minutes are some of the most intense scenes in television history.  Not sure it could top Game of Thrones, but I'm intrigued.

Damn sure weren't kidding either.

the 'flashback' looked more like a teaser for Y:1883. Tim Mcgraw is uncredited for this ep in IMDB.

Beth is just over the top bitchy. 

given the proliferation of high powered guns in this country, i found the shootouts completely believable. not that hard to imagine a Bundy-like situation turning into that...wasnt there a Heat-style shootout with some bank robbers in California somewhere not too long after that movie? 

i can't remember all the ins and outs of the business dealings...but surely Jamie didn't have anything to do with the attacks??

Edited by mchookem

I think Jamie’s biological father was approached by the money men and he  put together with his prison / ex con buddies. 

I agree Jamie probably wasn’t directly involved in the planning. 

This is a pretty good guess. Jamie is too obvious. His biological dad seems like a real piece of shit.

I didn’t go back and watch any of Season 3. What was the scene near the ranchhands’ barracks corral where a guy was getting strung up and hung? The one when Casey’s wife and son were walking through the corral after the kid blew the dude away in the house. Looked like Jimmy was there and was hurt. I couldn’t remember where his story ended last season — Costner told him to stop rodeoing but he did and suffered the accident.

40 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Looked like Jimmy was there and was hurt. I couldn’t remember where his story ended last season — Costner told him to stop rodeoing but he did and suffered the accident.

Last season ended with him eating dirt after getting bucked off trying to impress his buckle bunny. They showed Jimmy in the hospital with her crying when Costner was getting rolled out. He looked paralyzed, but they didn't say he was.

Well they cleared that up in ep2.

Edited by RPM
updated

38 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Jamie’s biological father was approached by the money men and he put it together with his prison / ex con buddies. 

makes sense, kill off the family and Jamie gets it all 

Solid fukin season opener.  Wife didn’t ask her first question until 45 minutes into ep 1 - which is 40 minutes over the average per episode.  

Great coverage of all types of storylines.  Sprinkled in some cowboying and discussions about horses w/Travis and whatever he does - that I know nothing about, but they make it sound and look cool as shit.

Kid Rip is a good addition for Beth since she can’t have kids.  But it’s just another thing for her and Rip to grow close to then possibly be threatened. 

Lot of talk from the chair woman I was trying to follow…wasn’t sure if she was dropping clues that sounded like they were involved w the attack…but dont think she was.

Rip’s snake fatality on Roarke was so Rip and Dutton Ranch  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I didn’t like killing everyone and not saving anyone to interrogate. I thought that was dumb. I also didn’t like Rip driving through the fence to get John to the choppah. I‘ve done that by accident several times in my life and you spend an hour cutting wire off of your driveshaft and rear axle. 
But- like everyone else- we enjoy it and it’s our guilty soap opera pleasure.  Glad it’s back on. 
Ryan Bingham is noted in the regular credits now too. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Started watching it this season, so I've been binge watching all the episodes up to last night the last couple weeks.  Pretty solid, and love the travelogue like cinematography.

I'm pretty hooked, and I typically don't watch soap opera like series, but the characters are all pretty entertaining. Wish they'd kept the Becks on longer, always dig Jay Hamiltons bad guy portrayals. He's a natural.

Rip is a murderous son of a bitch (loved his snake in a cooler trick), this new Rip reincarnate kid may soften his ass up a bit, but doubt it.

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Jamie’s biological father was approached by the money men and he put it together with his prison / ex con buddies. 

You are probably correct. And if Jamie is aware of his father's deal, he would have pissed hi britches when Beth so delicately confronted him.

or does she confront him in next show? anyway.

14 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Didnt know 1883 was filmed in Texas. Guthrie, Palestine, weatherford, granbury, Ft Worth

The Musers (The Ticket) read a letter from someone that was an extra on 1883. The civil war scenes were shot in Parker County and there were 100's of extras. Apparently they are pretty decent to the nobodys.

Edited by RPM

Extremely satisfying first couple of episodes, despite the "skinny margarita with Titos" order.  He should have just left her ass at the bar.  

"because you've got all the pussy and half the money" was a great line. 

I guess I do haz the confuze on the scene where Monica was walking to the bunkhouse.  So I guess the ranch hands were hanging one of the bad guys?  At first I assumed it was the other way around.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1