Yellowstone

RPM

i think Walker's original sin that initially got him a ticket for the train is he refused to participate in some murder/mayhem the Dutton boys were doling out to someone. he was basically like 'thanks for the brand but i'm on parole, i aint about that life".

i remembe bc it was at that point i was like "WTF do they just kill ANYbody, they can't just fire people?? who do they think they are?? this is the cowboy mafia!"

i think John and Rip agreed he needed a train ride, Kacey took him and relented and left him on the side of the road. 

Kacey actually seems to be the only one with a fairly strong moral compass, we've seen it a few times

1 hour ago, mininghorn88 said:

Lloyd picked Walker up after the fight and appeared to give him a pat on the back. Could they be “all good” now?

I mean the fighting has worn me out between them...assuming this method worked to get all their shit out.  Probably be best mates now...co-cowboys of the month leading sing a longs

12 hours ago, Brandywine said:

I can’t remember, but didn’t Lloyd have the girl before Walker did? And wasn’t Walker and the girl all over each other in front of the guys, including Lloyd? No excuse for what Lloyd did, though. 

Lloyd didn't have her. He just lugged her shit everywhere for her. Walker is actually tapping that ass. Henceforth, Lloyd is mad jealous. Plus, the whole not trusting Walker/Train Station stuff.

Also, why did the barrel racers actually get envelopes? What work did they do exactly? Teeter, I get. She worked. The barrel racers were essentially cheerleaders. 

Edited by lateshow

On 8/30/2019 at 5:09 PM, henrygandorf said:

at times i think it feels like billions set on a ranch.

other times it has a justified vibe, but maybe that's just the fact that neil mcdonough is the big baddie (again).  some overlap with succession too, especially when one of the children was looking to blaze their own trail with a political run which could ultimately go against the family.

when this show is at its best, it's a good juggling act between montana politics, dutton family politics, native american rights, and all the violence and dirty shit it takes to hold onto a family ranch in montana.  it's a delicate ecosystem though, as we've seen this season.  when any one of those sucks up too much oxygen, the show is very uneven.  i don't know how much sheridan is actually writing, but i would guess not very much of the scene-to-scene or dialogue.

I love the show, but I call it General Horsepital for a reason.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, utxmike05 said:

Soooooo did John bang the Coyote Ugly girl?  Or was he bullshitting Beth telling her he just offered her clothes and a bed..

He didn't bail her out to play footsie or get and handy, ill tell you that much right now. And she knows the rules, no amount of wheat grass is going to change that. 

In the Marines, we handle shit in a similar way. When shit comes to a head we go out to "the treeline" and beat the shit out of each other until we're bros. One of the dude's I still keep in touch with to this day we had a row in an alley in Okinawa. Love that dude. Men are weird, especially in extremely male-dominated societies. So I believe it, I think it's deeply ingrained in our caveman brains, you respect a guy more.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, WBT said:

"Well we can't round up these horses with horses, we're going to have to think of something better."

"I have an idea," said mysteriously with just a touch of native mysticism.

*round up horses with horses*

fin

Yep this show Is borderline Dumb and Dumber material.

Glad they rectified the injustice of Teeter being sent off in the last episode. That pissed me off all week since it completely ran counter against the importance and meaning behind being a branded man. John not knowing everyone in the bunkhouse except the buckle bunnies have been branded was an interesting development. Was there a reason behind Rip not telling him or was it just a result of all the shit that went and him being away in the hospital and not knowing all of the story.

• Hook 'Em 1

My wife has decided that she wants to watch this show.  You know how difficult it is to watch.  New season on TV now - Paramount.  Of course its already 6 episodes in, so it'll be a while before we can DVR the entire 4th season.  Can't watch season 4 until she watches the other three.  Previous seasons aren't on Paramount+ or On Demand, but instead on Peacock.  So, she has to buy a subscription to Peacock to watch seasons 1-3.  She has also learned about the prequel series that is not on TV or Peacock - It's on Paramount+.

Is the show really worth all of this hassle?

14 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

My wife has decided that she wants to watch this show.  You know how difficult it is to watch.  New season on TV now - Paramount.  Of course its already 6 episodes in, so it'll be a while before we can DVR the entire 4th season.  Can't watch season 4 until she watches the other three.  Previous seasons aren't on Paramount+ or On Demand, but instead on Peacock.  So, she has to buy a subscription to Peacock to watch seasons 1-3.  She has also learned about the prequel series that is not on TV or Peacock - It's on Paramount+.

Is the show really worth all of this hassle?

Yes, it’s worth it. You’ll enjoy it and it will make your wife happy and will lead to more blowjobs. Otherwise, you’ll be forced to watch the reboot of Sex and the City and have to see watch those old hags way past their prime pretending they’re still sexy and desirable. There have been so many bad new shows that I have tried that even with all the legit criticism of Yellowstone, it is still better than the crap Netflix, HBO (other than Succession) and Amazon has been churning. Finally, it is the first show in a long time that LOTS of people are watching where you can have water cooler talk, like we used to back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 1