Yellowstone

RPM

On 1/2/2022 at 8:50 PM, Buzzrock said:

You keep saying stuff like that but man, I think you’re the only one who thinks it. I thought this season kinda sucked. Beth has about worn out her welcome, tonight’s dress not withstanding.

Macklemore is to the Yellowstone thread like Drew is to the Cowboys' season thread (which is even funnier when you see who +repped Macklemore's Yellowstone Season 4 posts here)

11 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Best part of the show for me is the banter and jackassery led by Colby and Ryan (I had to look up his name he's so underutilized hell he's got a badge doesn't he)

see this is what i am curious about on 6666...

betting we get a lot of bunkroom banter, some turnover season to season of dudes (easy to do), some drop in's of yellowstone characters through things like rodeo/horse breeding stuff. really interested to see where it goes.

i think the only Yellowstone cast that are going to be on 6666 full time (that we know of) is Jefferson White and Ryan Bingham. guessing RB leaves Yellowstone in the middle of the night in the first part of next season as part of a tie in?

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

why didn't jimmy learn to rope a steer at the yellowstone ranch ?

This right here.  I made this comment the other night while watching the show.  That is a testament of just how much drama is going on at the Yellowstone to do any real cowboying.  Had to leave Wyoming to go to Texas to become a real cowboy.

20 minutes ago, NoName said:

see this is what i am curious about on 6666...

betting we get a lot of bunkroom banter, some turnover season to season of dudes (easy to do), some drop in's of yellowstone characters through things like rodeo/horse breeding stuff. really interested to see where it goes.

i think the only Yellowstone cast that are going to be on 6666 full time (that we know of) is Jefferson White and Ryan Bingham. guessing RB leaves Yellowstone in the middle of the night in the first part of next season as part of a tie in?

What will 6666 be about exactly?  Jimmy stated that he does not like the fighting and such at the Yellowstone and that all he wants to do is to cowboy.  With him being the apparent lead character on the alluded to 6666 show, will it be some type of reality/docu-series?

40 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

What will 6666 be about exactly?  Jimmy stated that he does not like the fighting and such at the Yellowstone and that all he wants to do is to cowboy.  With him being the apparent lead character on the alluded to 6666 show, will it be some type of reality/docu-series?

as far as i know it is another scripted series, not reality.

we have no idea if he is the lead character, as far as i can tell the only two confirmed cast members  at all are Bingham and White (Jimmy.) i like both of them but don't think either is a "carry a series" kind of guy

1 hour ago, NoName said:

as far as i know it is another scripted series, not reality.

we have no idea if he is the lead character, as far as i can tell the only two confirmed cast members  at all are Bingham and White (Jimmy.) i like both of them but don't think either is a "carry a series" kind of guy

just spitballing here, but guessing sheridan pops in for a scene or two. call it a hunch. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Hey, hey, hey spoiler alert that shit! And please don't give away any details about the big scene with horses spinning and sliding. 

Spoiler

the horses will be...

Spoiler

really

Spoiler

really

Spoiler

expensive.

Spoiler

and also the trucks will be too.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mchookem said:

ugh...yes, the whole Jamie plotline has been the most WTF to me...the character could have been so much more, righteously, like someone to root for even, than he's turned out to be. boo! 😝 

Can't believe they had Jaime get on his knees and beg Beth. WTFFFF.  You're the Attorney General...you can't hire some bad asses to handle your annoying sister, do dirty work, and advise you?  Shitty writing.  Might as well send Jaime off to 6666.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

also near the end of the finale, john says something like, "well sure, he's my greatest failure and a complete disappointment...but he's still my son" or some such.

seem to be laying it on a bit thick, wouldn't you say?  would've been a better storyline if the dutton family was under the impression the entire season that jamie was behind the attacks, only to have something exonerate him at the end, right before rip was going to take him to the train station.  then next season could've been jamie back with the family vs the real killers - oj style.

but nope.  we knew very early on that jamie wasn't directly involved, and so did (checks notes) john and kayce.  for some reason it took beth about 7 more episodes to sort that out, and she still threatened him, and now she "owns" him.  sounds like that relationship will change about...not at all.  yet john still fucked him over with the governor's race (which we haven't heard about in 2 episodes) and is calling him a complete failure and disappointment, even though he's the sitting ag of montana. 

i guess it's mostly about enabling autofill on his passwords.

• Haha 1

lol, yup John is all over the place..he started having a softer side at the end.  And slow ass beth...took 7 more episodes.  So much rage she can't see. They really drug out that stupid who came after our family / prison guy.  It was solved quickly in the first few eps with help by the Rez, then put on the back burner.  Or maybe this entire season happened over the time span of 7 days...who knows.  RIP did tell John that come of the cowboys got recently branded before John was shot...so maybe the timeline is tighter than it seems.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

lol, yup John is all over the place..he started having a softer side at the end.  And slow ass beth...took 7 more episodes.  So much rage she can't see. They really drug out that stupid who came after our family / prison guy.  It was solved quickly in the first few eps with help by the Rez, then put on the back burner.  Or maybe this entire season happened over the time span of 7 days...who knows.  RIP did tell John that come of the cowboys got recently branded before John was shot...so maybe the timeline is tighter than it seems.

That might make some sense if you can reconcile Jimmy driving from Montana to Texas (and back), learning how to rope/cowboy well enough to impress Rip/Lloyd, falling in love and getting engaged to the aggy vet in the span of seven days.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That might make some sense if you can reconcile Jimmy driving from Montana to Texas (and back), learning how to rope/cowboy well enough to impress Rip/Lloyd, falling in love and getting engaged to the aggy vet in the span of seven days.

True.  Timeline is weird. So Dutton boys knew Jaime didn't do it for month or so....Beth still raging doesn't care...adopts a kid she just bitches at thinking she is giving tough love advice.

So sad to see this sloppy season 4....Sherdian has too much going on...chill out bro.

38 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I thought Jimmy was suppose to be in Texas like 6 months. 

It's probably just me, but I think the woman CEO of Market Equities (or whatever the parent company is) is a horrible character also.  She comes across as a cast extra trying hard to be the star.  Of course, her and Beth in any scene together just absolutely sucks the life out of whatever is happening...all I see is a mouse and an ashtray bickering.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Catpfish said:

It's probably just me, but I think the woman CEO of Market Equities (or whatever the parent company is) is a horrible character also.  She comes across as a cast extra trying hard to be the star.  Of course, her and Beth in any scene together just absolutely sucks the life out of whatever is happening...all I see is a mouse and an ashtray bickering.

She reminds me of Faraday's annoying, shitty mother on the last season of LOST.  

Edited by Trey3216

This show suffers from the problem of a present-day ranch in Wyoming not having enough actual conflict to carry a TV drama for multiple seasons. There's only so much stuff you can make up that seems somewhat plausible and somewhat interesting, and they've burned through that content in earlier seasons. Sheridan has tried to create a western version of The Sopranos but every new antagonist or threat against the ranch has become a recycled version of a previous problem, and the fighting within the family is beyond tired.

There is also an extreme lack of consistency between the various plots they have created. The biggest stories this season were:

-Market Equities taking over part of the ranch (essentially a repeat of the Jenkins threat and Beck Brothers threat)

-Jamie being caught between his murdering father and John/Beth

-Kayce breaking off from the family and then having an existential crisis 

-Piper protesting various things

-Beth doing stupid Beth shit

-Jimmy leaving for Texas and being torn between 2 women

The only 2 stories that were consistently part of each episode were the Beth and Jimmy plots, which were also the most boring and frustrating. People eventually get tired of watching a bitchy woman act bitchy, and very few people cared about Jimmy in the first place, at least not enough for his Texas trip to maintain the show.

The other plots about actual Yellowstone Ranch shit would get attention for 1 episode and then get ignored for 1-2 episodes. Perhaps that's because they are such weak plots in the first place and there wasn't much to say on a weekly basis, but it's hard to build interest when the show is skipping around all the time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I thought Tangina had come back to life.

13 hours ago, Catpfish said:

All I can think of when she's onscreen is Nancy Grace. I hate Nancy Grace.

12 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

This show suffers from the problem of a present-day ranch in Wyoming not having enough actual conflict to carry a TV drama for multiple seasons. There's only so much stuff you can make up that seems somewhat plausible and somewhat interesting, and they've burned through that content in earlier seasons. Sheridan has tried to create a western version of The Sopranos but every new antagonist or threat against the ranch has become a recycled version of a previous problem, and the fighting within the family is beyond tired.

There is also an extreme lack of consistency between the various plots they have created. The biggest stories this season were:

-Market Equities taking over part of the ranch (essentially a repeat of the Jenkins threat and Beck Brothers threat)

The only 2 stories that were consistently part of each episode were the Beth and Jimmy plots, which were also the most boring and frustrating. People eventually get tired of watching a bitchy woman act bitchy, and very few people cared about Jimmy in the first place, at least not enough for his Texas trip to maintain the show.

The other plots about actual Yellowstone Ranch shit would get attention for 1 episode and then get ignored for 1-2 episodes. Perhaps that's because they are such weak plots in the first place and there wasn't much to say on a weekly basis, but it's hard to build interest when the show is skipping around all the time.

You forgot about Lloyd vs Walker

Spoiler

And Lloyd vs Walker II

Spoiler

And Lloyd vs Walker III

On 1/4/2022 at 12:26 PM, utxmike05 said:

The judge said something like “you’re moving around a lot for someone who was laid up for several months “

Its turned into Sons of Anarchy on a ranch, which isn’t all that surprising given Taylor Sheridan was in SOA. Repeated storylines with different characters.
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

No comments on Teeter? She has to be the best character.

“Something about taxes?”

I also just learned she is played by Jen Landon, Michael Landon’s daughter.

You gotta be joking, right? She's an insanely idiotic, insufferable character. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ben Tobin said:

I'm curious to see what they do with the other spinoff, Yellowstain.  Supposebly, it's a sort of 'origin story' for Cayce that seeks to explain, through flashbacks, why he NEVER WASHES HIS GODDAMN FACE.

I always tell my wife...why does he always look like a gah damn mechanic?  Go wash up for supper, boy!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
No comments on Teeter? She has to be the best character.

“Something about taxes?”

I also just learned she is played by Jen Landon, Michael Landon’s daughter.

MV5BMDc2YzI1MDMtODZjNS00YWUxLWI3NjEtM2JmODczNmNlMTg1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2MDIzMDE5._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

That at least explains how she got the part because she’s a terrible actress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/4/2022 at 6:54 PM, veritas aequitas said:

It's going to be a weekly hour of Boots O'neal, Buster Welch and Barry Corbin sitting around swapping old horse tales. And possibly a guest appearance by Dale Brisby.

I agree with the poster 6666 campfire stories would be more entertaining than Season 4 of Yellowstone. There's a million Boots O'Neal videos on YouTube. I'm sure people (me included) would watch it because it's in the Sheridan- verse, but it's not exactly covering new territory.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...