Yellowstone

RPM

On 11/19/2022 at 8:07 AM, Jerry Callo said:

I can't stand Jamie or Beth.  A perfect finish would be Jamie choking Beth to death and then curly headed kid shooting Jamie through the head.  On a nice mountain top, because the views are about the only thing great about the show. 

Do you mind if the Troubadours play “The Mercury” in the background of your mountaintop double-homicide?  The soundtrack has been my favorite part of Yellowstone thus far. I like to play “Name That Artist” when something fires up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh look, Beth acts like a spoiled bitch with no self control and causes all sorts of problems for everyone.  Should I spoiler that?

Also, the one spot on the entire ranch that's tilled is coincidentally the very spot the wolves were.  Those game wardens did not seem skeptical enough.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yellowstone has become like a car wreck.  You drive by it and try not to look at the carnage but you just cannot help yourself and you look anyway.  I still enjoy the show overall but the Beth sequences are getting a bit tiresome but it is "the way" now with her.  Just as Al Capone was taken down for tax evasion is Beth going to be taken down for committing an assault and for not all of the other nefarious things?  Is she the new "Scarface"?

39 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Just accept that it’s a soap opera and party on. 

This here. I had to accept this last season.  As much of a beating Beth is....they aren't going to change her because she is just that annoying, bitchy family member.  And some women lovvvveeeeee her because women love trash TV. Same reason they have a Native American Beth, and Market Equities Beth.  Hook the women...

The first few seasons were good.  Now everyone is a caricature of themselves.  

I watch for the scenery, bunkhouse bullshitting, illegal shit they do, and cowboy stuff (even if not all accurate...it's new to me).

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

Beth is what every woman on the planet wishes they were. But they’re not. 

This is dumb. Smart, actually powerful women roll their eyes at the Beth cartoon caricature as much as the rest of us.

Women who binge watch Real Housewives want to be Beth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

smart, actually powerful women are not yellowstone's preferred demographic.

Even smart people like the occasional turn-your-brain-off dumb as fuck shows...that they complain about the whole time.

Evidence: this thread.

But agreed, not their target demographic.

• Like 1