Yellowstone

RPM

On 11/21/2022 at 12:30 PM, utxmike05 said:

This here. I had to accept this last season.  As much of a beating Beth is....they aren't going to change her because she is just that annoying, bitchy family member.  And some women lovvvveeeeee her because women love trash TV. Same reason they have a Native American Beth, and Market Equities Beth.  Hook the women...

The first few seasons were good.  Now everyone is a caricature of themselves.  

I watch for the scenery, bunkhouse bullshitting, illegal shit they do, and cowboy stuff (even if not all accurate...it's new to me).

Even that's gotten old. It's kind of the same thing over and over and over.

• Hook 'Em 1

Gah damnit. Just when I didn't think Beth could get any worse. Her freak out on Jaime having a kid. "God gave you a boy" bullshit is just wayyyyy too much.

And alllll the money she has and she can't get a ride home after jail? Why isn't Rip or someone sending a ride? Of course not because that's too easy and then she wouldn't have found the baby seat in Jaime's car. Smh

Edited by utxmike05
  • Hook 'Em 4

Beth just sucks so hard. 

Kelly Reilly was a bright spot in True Detective Season 2. She’s better than the writing/direction on Yellowstone, but not good enough to rise above it. 

I’m gonna need to watch something where she plays a redeeming character after all this just to cleanse my palate.

17 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Gah damnit. Just when I didn't think Beth could get any worse. Her freak out on Jaime having a kid. "God gave you a boy" bullshit is just wayyyyy too much.

And alllll the money she has and she can't get a ride home after jail? Why isn't Rip or someone sending a ride? Of course not because that's too easy and then she wouldn't have found the baby seat in Jaime's car. Smh

Yes this I can’t have kids because of you story line is tired as fuck and getting old 

• Like 1

finally started tonight but only watched the first two eps so far...

but HOLY SHIT did Finn Little go thru hyper-puberty the last 9-12months 🤣

i had just said ^that (even said 'i'm not even sure that's the same kid!') when John started remarking on his 'growth'. i mean somebody had to say something lol 😆 

Beth is still a ridiculously mean bitch and i like the idea that Jamie is gonna save the ranch/day at some point in the future.

the pacing and cuts feel really disjointed to me, like no cohesion exists. and they're all such archetypal caricatures. 

i mean this show is silly but i guess it's fun enough, i'm still watching 😜 but these are all terrible people lol.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Such a dumb episode 

Fuck dat, my favorite episode ever. I think some of you folks take this shit way too seriously.  It's a galdamned TV show/fantasy. Clear your mind and enjoy the lunacy. 

P.S. Go Beth, you big titied psycho you!!!

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Why can’t they take tents with them ?

also, if I’m taking off on a two day ‘ride’, I’m grabbing those biscuits on the table 

Sounded like they couldn’t get a pack wagon through the terrain. Cantles are made for bedrolls though. 
Like Shooter and Revolution, I definitely thought we’ve sat through worse episodes. Was cheering for baby oil during the lawn scene. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Why was everyone so somber during the early morning prep for the ride to roundup/brand?  I would think that there would have been much excitement and anticipation in doing this the "old fashioned way".  But I guess artistic license allows for the refelction of bygone days.

Edited by mininghorn88

so can someone explain to me (like i'm 5) what they were gearing up for?  they made it sound like a big deal, but also made it sound like it's something that happens every year (which they certainly weren't acting like).  they also said they'd be back in a couple of days, but then made it sound like they had 2 days of riding before they got wherever they were going.

the yee-haw scene reminded me of city slickers (i know it's from red river but i'm not 75 years old) and i appreciated that.

as for all the beth stuff (the flashbacks and how she's acting now) it's almost like they're trying some new story which shows what an asshole she was to rip back when and how she's trying to make up for it now.  except she's not very sweet and only apologetic when she's feels guilty so i'm not sure if the character is capable of that type of growth.

also last night when we were watching beth passive-aggressive/guilt-trip her way through asking rip if she could come on the ride, the wife was like, "is beth really just starting a fight to start a fight?" without even a hint of irony or self-awareness.

4 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

Why was everyone so somber during the early morning prep for the ride to roundup/brand?  I would think that there would have been much excitement and anticipation in doing this the "old fashioned way".  But I guess artistic license allows for the refelction of bygone days.

my bigger issue, no one has to go to the bathroom after breakfast ? 

they ate, then just jumped on the horses. there better be a toilet about a 10min ride away 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so can someone explain to me (like i'm 5) what they were gearing up for?  they made it sound like a big deal, but also made it sound like it's something that happens every year (which they certainly weren't acting like).  they also said they'd be back in a couple of days, but then made it sound like they had 2 days of riding before they got wherever they were going.

the yee-haw scene reminded me of city slickers (i know it's from red river but i'm not 75 years old) and i appreciated that.

as for all the beth stuff (the flashbacks and how she's acting now) it's almost like they're trying some new story which shows what an asshole she was to rip back when and how she's trying to make up for it now.  except she's not very sweet and only apologetic when she's feels guilty so i'm not sure if the character is capable of that type of growth.

also last night when we were watching beth passive-aggressive/guilt-trip her way through asking rip if she could come on the ride, the wife was like, "is beth really just starting a fight to start a fight?" without even a hint of irony or self-awareness.

Speaking of the lack of self awareness, how about Beth telling John that Summer was infecting the couch with an std (i forget the exact one she said). Total lack of irony from the biggest ho bag in Montana. 

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

I think they are actually just gone for a few days even though they made it seem like they would be gone a month with the somber music and tears.  Sounds like they are gathering the spring calves to brand.

Seems pretty obvious that the old cowboy that John talks to before they ride off is going to die and that will be the big suspenseful moment next episode and the reason for all the heaviness at the end of this episode. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Speaking of the lack of self awareness, how about Beth telling John that Summer was infecting the couch with an std (i forget the exact one she said). Total lack of irony from the biggest ho bag in Montana. 

it was also needlessly confusing because she said, "i would worry more about the hippie sitting on the couch infesting the blah blah blah" and then john walks into the house and his staffer is sitting on the couch.  she called her a hippie three times in about 15 minutes.  i guess saying "slut" or "whore" might be too hypocritical.

also at her core, doesn't the hippie want the natural lands to remain undisturbed?  aren't her values a lot closer to what dutton wants for his ranch and his state than market equities or the developer from season 1/2?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

Everybody is somber at 4 fucking a.m.

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

my bigger issue, no one has to go to the bathroom after breakfast ? 

they ate, then just jumped on the horses. there better be a toilet about a 10min ride away 

The great outdoors is one big bathroom. That's what makes it great.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/27/2022 at 10:00 PM, Buzzrock said:

Everything Beth and John do is stupid. Rip is good. Jamie will never be redeemed. Kayce is basically MIA with his mopey ass wife.

... who killed their son but he's cool with it because her mopeyness comes first.

Edited by BoomMF
  • Hook 'Em 1