Yellowstone

RPM

Slight change by a decade.  They claim it’ll still be coming out in December. 

The series formerly known as 1932 is now being called 1923. This plan to set the series earlier allows the story to encompass the end of WWI and the start of prohibition. The series is set to make its debut on Paramount+ in December. You can check out Paramount's description of 1923 below.

"1923 focuses on the Dutton family's next two generations as they struggle to survive historic drought, lawlessness and prohibition, and an epidemic of cattle theft; all battled beneath the cloud of Montana's great depression, which preceded the nation by almost a decade."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We are a little over 2 hours from the start of the season premiere!! Can’t wait.  I hope this season is better than last. Less cutting horses and more story arc development. Also please kill off the stray kid that Beth and Rip are housing. 1883 was far superior to Yellowstone’s last season. Hope that the quality improves in season 5. Still Yellowstone is one of the more entertaining shows on TV.

Edited by Macklemore

It is what is with Yellowstone. I’ll turn my brain off and be entertained for 2 hours tonight. 

My only hope is that explain the significance of The Brand. What are the rules? Is it like the mafia, omertà and bound for life? Can you never leave the ranch? Can you marry and have a family? Why was Kayce branded? 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, veritas aequitas said:

looking forward to tonight so I can see what I will add to my christmas list from Schaefer

We’ll see. I’ve received several thousand message from Tecovas that they’re a Yellowstone sponsor and to watch the new season. 

I hope we don’t John Dutton in some bullshit rabbit hat, but again, we’ll see. 

9 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Super duper, Weller 12 just got harder to find. Beth Dutton shirts and W12 coming to a Cavenders near you! 

Also holy shit, good for Shane Smith and the Saints. I think $20 tickets at some dive bar are going away. 

Yep. First thing I thought was “We’re done walking to the front of the stage in Red River.”  

Apparently you can never have too many "strong" female characters who are unabashed bitches that talk down to everyone to let the audience know that they're good at business.

Clearly you’re just intimidated by Strong Female Characters. Why don’t you have a seat over there with the other old white guys, Captain Patriarchy.
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

beth was very mean to jamie. really did not see that coming. brunette beth has her work cut out for her. 

also w12 entering the chat. guess they’re done with bulleit. 

I am a fan of the new brunette. Want to touch the hiney. 

Looks like they are done with Mercedes too since beth moved up to a Bentley. 

26 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Clearly you’re just intimidated by Strong Female Characters. Why don’t you have a seat over there with the other old white guys, Captain Patriarchy.

I guess I'm just jealous that my company isn't successful enough to have its own standard-issue, sailor-mouthed, legally-flexible attack dog in a short skirt. Apparently, it's how you know you've made it.

It's amazing that the same dude who writes female characters for this show is also responsible for Elizabeth Olsen in Wind River.

• Drool 1

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

beth was very mean to jamie. really did not see that coming. brunette beth has her work cut out for her. 

also w12 entering the chat. guess they’re done with bulleit. 

At least Buffalo Trace is slightly more believable than Bulleit as the whiskey that a family worth $500M sips straight at the end of long day of hating each other.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

We watched the first hour last night. Solid start after such a lousy season 4. My expectations are waaaaaaaay down, however, so maybe that's why it surpassed them. 

Same here. The new headhunter is hotter than donut grease, and I am enjoying the parallels between young Rip and the new kid. Other than that I am not impressed.